Post-Game Talk: Game 1 - Capitals 7 BRUINS 0 F (MOD -see post # 195)

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Game 1, still the most must see hated team in the league apparently. Even when they’re absolutely atrocious, the Bruins are still just so deep in the minds of every other fan base it seems.

I still don’t like Marchand, but for tonight he’s a-ok

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Krejci doesn't fit in with the "new NHL" narrative that Sweeney is pushing here. Sorry to say it and I've felt it for a while that DK's style is not conducive to the direction that the Bruins are trying to go in. Don't know if there is a market for him, don't know what they could get if he waived but IMO they need to explore it. BIG problem is that they haven't got a center close enough to the pro level to take over his spot (not even one to take over the 3rd center spot). Krejci needs to reinvent himself, I doubt that he can do that at this stage of his career. NOT blaming his loss on him or any ONE other player but as they say, you learn more from defeat than from victory. Hopefully this mess tonight will wake up, shake up the front office into realizing that they need to accelerate the rebuild on the fly to the next stage.

Bruins and Krejci could both use a fresh start

Krejci could be complacent

Reactions: BBruins

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Until Wednesday, the Bruins had not lost by more than five goals in an opener. The most recent such thrashing: 8-3 to the Panthers in 2006.

They had not been shut out in an opener in 63 years, the most recent whitewashing a 2-0 loss to Montreal in 1955.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I thought Moore was pretty good.

I thought Rask and Halak were both good overall, which sounds funny when they gave up 7, but it could have been so much worse.

For all the talk about the B’s being a one line team, they were a no line team tonight. The first line was invisible. The only F’s I thought were decent were DeBrusk, Heinen, and Kuraly (even if he doesn’t belong on the 3rd line).

Moore was fine. Felt like there was two Carlo om the ice

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
If the shoe fits...

It’s too bad you won’t see this, but just go ahead and keep posting ridiculous nonsense. It suits you.

Cmon guys go have beers together and forget about it

I need another beer to drown out the pain from tonights loss

Reactions: Strafer

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Until Wednesday, the Bruins had not lost by more than five goals in an opener. The most recent such thrashing: 8-3 to the Panthers in 2006.

They had not been shut out in an opener in 63 years, the most recent whitewashing a 2-0 loss to Montreal in 1955.

Historically bad.

Hard to believe a team could perform that poorly in a season opener. Down 24 seconds in. Done before the 2 minute mark. Amazing.

Reactions: Strafer

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Historically bad.

Hard to believe a team could perform that poorly in a season opener. Down 24 seconds in. Done before the 2 minute mark. Amazing.

You would think about last seasons hell of an ending...team would want to play with more fire

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This team certainly has it's faults.
No secondary scoring. Krejci continues to struggle with whoever he plays with.
Donato looked lost tonight. Rask didn't look good for a 7 million goalie.
Backes looked slow.
Kuraly is no third line center and Acciari is no 4th line center.
Maybe signing Lee Stempniak isn't such a bad idea to add some scoring.
Like John Moore's game tonight. Halak looked okay. Glad to see Bergeron make it through the game.
Love that Marchand took no **** from Eller for taunting the bench.

Secondary scoring?

When you get shutout, primary scoring an issue as well I think.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Trust me the Caps aren't this good every game. Last season we had our share of stinkers.
Things didnt go well early for the Bruins and it seemed to deflate them. Its one game. We all know the Bruins are better than what they played tonight. Good luck until we meet again.

Yup thanks and good luck too you as well.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

The guy at the end... "would you be surprised to learn that this was the worst opener in team history?"

The look he received in response...yikes :laugh:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
DooTQJBV4AI7sT3.jpg

10/3/18
Never forget

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad