GDT: GAME #1... Canucks vs. Flames | Sportsnet, 7:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I doubt hasek would save that defense.

Also eriksson on the 2nd line :help:

The Edler-Tanev pairing is a good one obviously, but yeah..........those other pairings are hurtin'.

I don't mind Eriksson on the 2nd line playing with Pettersson. Eriksson was a 30 goal scorer a few years back. I'm a Hindu, and I believe in re-incarnation........and so if Pettersson can bring Eriksson back from the dead, I'm all for it.

Motte-Sutter-Virtanen has the potential to be a fast, grinding, and hard working line.

Reactions: ddawg1950

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
The Edler-Tanev pairing is a good one obviously, but yeah..........those other pairings are hurtin'.

I don't mind Eriksson on the 2nd line playing with Pettersson. Eriksson was a 30 goal scorer a few years back. I'm a Hindu, and I believe in re-incarnation........and so if Pettersson can bring Eriksson back from the dead, I'm all for it.

Motte-Sutter-Virtanen has the potential to be a fast, grinding, and hard working line.
Correct me if I am wrong but you don't get reincarnated as the same person do you???
What, if based on his performance as a Canuck, he comes back as a turtle or three-toed sloth????

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Dube - Ryan - Neal
Bennett - Jankowski - Czarnik

Giordano - Brodie
Hanifin - Hamonic
Valimaki - Stone

Smith

Flames are DEEP in their forward corps. Their bottom 4 dmen should be their Achilles this yr... Green needs to work his matchups.... see what happens...

Need to win the special teams battle.

Reactions: geebaan

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Impressive D-corps on paper. I'd be curious to see how it stacks up against, say... San Jose... in a playoff series

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Correct me if I am wrong but you don't get reincarnated as the same person do you???
What, if based on his performance as a Canuck, he comes back as a turtle or three-toed sloth????

You are correct. You get reincarnated as someone different. Meh. Dumb analogy on my part. It's 6:13 am here in Shanghai and I'm just about to go to bed, lol. Not really thinking straight.

Have fun watching the game! #GoCanucksGo!

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I wish the Canucks had that depth problem in the bottom 4 of their blue line. There isn’t a Canuck not named Tanev or Edler that is better than those 4 (maybe Stecher). That isn’t to say they are outstanding but rather a comment on how bad the Canucks blue line is.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I wish the Canucks had that depth problem in the bottom 4 of their blue line. There isn’t a Canuck not named Tanev or Edler that is better than those 4 (maybe Stecher). That isn’t to say they are outstanding but rather a comment on how bad the Canucks blue line is.
One can make an argument an old fossil like Hamhuis is better than any Canuck blueliner not named Tanev or Edler right now.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Dube - Ryan - Neal
Bennett - Jankowski - Czarnik

Giordano - Brodie
Hanifin - Hamonic
Valimaki - Stone

Smith

Flames are DEEP in their forward corps. Their bottom 4 dmen should be their Achilles this yr... Green needs to work his matchups.... see what happens...

Need to win the special teams battle.

Their bottom 4 dmen looks solid to me... Hamonic and Hanfin should easily be able to handle second pairing deployment. Valimaki is a question mark but he has great potential. Stone is alright too.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I would be extremely surprised if we won this game. The two lineups are just night and day.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
I don’t know why I’ve always had a soft spot for Elias Lindholm but I think he has a career year, sucks it’ll be for the Flames but wouldn’t be surprised if he pots one tonight.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Here we Go! Pumped for this season!! Excited to see a new core begin to emerge. Win or lose doesn’t matter, just want to see some fast paced up tempo exciting hockey. Let’s get this thing started!!!!

Reactions: hellstick

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Their bottom 4 dmen looks solid to me... Hamonic and Hanfin should easily be able to handle second pairing deployment. Valimaki is a question mark but he has great potential. Stone is alright too.

Devil's advocate:
Stone is meh and now paired with a raw rookie...
Hamonic was not very good last year at all... needs to establish last season was a definite one off, and is now paired with a dman that's always been considered "very good for his age"... So he needs to, right now, convert the relative performance into absolute performance.

Potential good with Hanifin and Valimaki... we'll see how they do this season absolutely. Let's hope gm 1 is 'learning experience' for them.

Reactions: dim jim
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad