Post-Game Talk: Game 1 at Dallas - TUUKKA!!!!! BRUINS 2 Dallas 1 FINAL

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
They were 24-14-3 at home last year so you're probably right. Adding Pavelski should help. Roope Hintz is amazing. Plus they had some injuries to Klingberg and Bishop last year as well. That's a very good team.

Was really impressed with Hintz last night. Kid is listed at 6'3 and can flat out fly...looks like he's got a good nose for the net too. I could see him putting up something like 15-20 goals and having 45-50 points.

Reactions: CDJ

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Are people serious with this first line talk? It's been one game lmao

Some have been in favor of breaking up the first line for a year now. I can see both sides of the argument. I'm personally could with either, just go with what is working. If you move someone up and slide pasta down and it seems to click, don't change it back just to put the trio back together.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Some have been in favor of breaking up the first line for a year now. I can see both sides of the argument. I'm personally could with either, just go with what is working. If you move someone up and slide pasta down and it seems to click, don't change it back just to put the trio back together.
They will move Pasta up and down as necessary but they'll always come back to it. Bergeron/Marchand's stability allows Pasta to be a better player when he plays on that line. I know sometimes it manifests itself like it did yesterday where he's just trying to do too much, but usually the case is that the risks he takes pay off. That line played at its worst and still just played to a draw of nothing happening vs. a great Stars top line.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
One of Pasta or Brad trying to be overly clever and make the highlight reel move is livable. When they both are doing it, it is not good.

Reactions: BMC and CDJ

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I'm glad to see that Polak is okay, but he's always reminded me of Ryan Shazier. Their style of hitting puts not only others in harms way, but also themselves. Part of teaching hitting to young players is teaching them how to protect themselves and knowing when and when not to throw a hit.

Reactions: BMC and Otherworld

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I know how dare someone try to start a good convo on an opponent that looked good. This place once had some good hockey banter if you can believe that.

I could care less about Hintz after the Bruins first game of the year, unless he's a Bruin, or he scores all his goals this season against the leafs and Canadiens. I'd rather see Bjork,Steen,Lauko and Studnicka show what they can do, at the NHL level.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

I'll admit that I've been on the "break up the 1st line" hill since the Tampa series in 2018. At that time, I thought they needed to spread out the scoring talent to form a more complete line-up. There's also the fact that, statistically, Bergeron and Marchand play well with almost anyone (Jimmy Hayes excluded). The 1st line had issues last year 5-on-5, especially in the playoffs. I just think that it's worth giving it a shot while the line-up's healthy. If it doesn't work, they can always change it back, but I think it will create a more complete, dangerous team.

Reactions: BMC and Bodit9

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'll admit that I've been on the "break up the 1st line" hill since the Tampa series in 2018. At that time, I thought they needed to spread out the scoring talent to form a more complete line-up. There's also the fact that, statistically, Bergeron and Marchand play well with almost anyone (Jimmy Hayes excluded). The 1st line had issues last year 5-on-5, especially in the playoffs. I just think that it's worth giving it a shot while the line-up's healthy. If it doesn't work, they can always change it back, but I think it will create a more complete, dangerous team.

Ya, like I said I see both sides of the argument. Just for fun I tried to come up with a top 9 if you were to put them on their own lines. It was actually harder than I thought and I still don't really like it lol.

DeBrusk - Bergeron - Ritchie
Marchand - Coyle - Khulman
Heinen - Krejci - Pastrnak

NCBruinsfan

Oct 21, 2016
FromSomersetMa
Ya, like I said I see both sides of the argument. Just for fun I tried to come up with a top 9 if you were to put them on their own lines. It was actually harder than I thought and I still don't really like it lol.

DeBrusk - Bergeron - Ritchie
Marchand - Coyle - Khulman
Heinen - Krejci - Pastrnak
I don't agree with breaking the line up completely, but I would be ok with moving Pasta around to see if he is a better fit elsewhere consistently.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Normally, I could care less about the "stars of the game", but how anyone could watch last night's game and not have Rask and/or Carlo in the top 3 is borderline criminal.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
You know its funny, but I was just thinking about this the other day. DeBrusk was basically handed the #2LW job after a decent season in Providence and they've rarely moved him. Nothing against DeBrusk because I think he's going to be a 30G guy, but his production over the last 2 years is close to Heinen's. The difference in their production over 82 games equates to 6 more points for DeBrusk.

The even crazier part is the age difference between them is a year, so its not like one is more developed. Makes me wonder why people want to give DeBrusk a big contract, but wanted to let Heinen go for nothing.

I'm guessing it has to do with the fact DeBrusk scored 27 goals in 68 games last year. Going into last night Heinen had 27 goals in his career (162 games). The skill set is obviously more in line with what you would want in a long term top-6 winger IMO. He's also technically two development years behind I think? Heinen was eligible for 2013 draft, DeBrusk 2015.

There's also the fact that Heinen followed up a great rookie year with an uneven sophomore season. Reilly Smith got similar treatment IMO. Didn't get the young guy leeway. For whatever reason. Maybe it's draft position as well. I think that plays into the perception. 4th round pick scores 50 points at age 22 as a rookie.... Career middle-6 winger! 1st round pick scores 50 points...... What's next? 60 points? 70 points? 40 goals????

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Lindholm and Ritchie 2 of the 3 bubble guys raised their stock in this game. Grizz was the steadiest deeman out there. Mac and Chara struggled at times, Rask was very good. Hopefully Nordy gets back and solidifies the 4th line, looked like the other two missed him. Bjork should be up and with Bergy, get Pasta off that line, like to see him with Coyle or Krech when healthy.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Was really impressed with Hintz last night. Kid is listed at 6'3 and can flat out fly...looks like he's got a good nose for the net too. I could see him putting up something like 15-20 goals and having 45-50 points.
I think he could pot 30, looks like a stud.

NCBruinsfan

Oct 21, 2016
FromSomersetMa
Lindholm and Ritchie 2 of the 3 bubble guys raised their stock in this game. Grizz was the steadiest deeman out there. Mac and Chara struggled at times, Rask was very good. Hopefully Nordy gets back and solidifies the 4th line, looked like the other two missed him. Bjork should be up and with Bergy, get Pasta off that line, like to see him with Coyle or Krech when healthy.
Mac was really responsible for their goal. He played that wrong and Hintz just blew right by him.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

I could see a lot more than that!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->