Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 - 10/3 8:37 PM - The Bear travels to 'Deep In The Heart of Texas' - NESN, SN360, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Give me a break. The poster to whom I responded had said that Ritchie should be given a chance. I asked him why (he has yet to reply). I stand by my comment and ask again: what has Ritchie done to deserve this “chance”?

For one thing, he has 241 NHL games under his belt.

Bruins management didn't sign him to see what he could do in pre-season games. They want him to fill a role. We all know what that is.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
For one thing, he has 241 NHL games under his belt.

Bruins management didn't sign him to see what he could do in pre-season games. They want him to fill a role. We all know what that is.

What is that role? He did not appear to do anything discernibly well in pre-season.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
looking forward to this one, Dallas busy in the offseason, be a tough way to start.

Still going with our boys, 4-3

cheg1349

Mar 8, 2006
Cape Cod, MA
I've had a sense of resentment/anger building up over the past few days over the way last year ended. I'm hoping it shifts to excitement as the day goes on. Weird to feel this way when ususally opening day feels like christmas morning

I'm sure once the game starts I'll snap right back into it

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Pasta :laugh:

Screenshot_20191003-095603_Instagram.jpg

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
You don't understand, he isn't small, skilled and fast therefore he sucks according to somey. I have been disappointed in his preseason but it's preseason, amazing how some of the people who are saying how terrible Ritchie is because of the pre season have overlooked Backes good pre season and he still sucks and shouldn't be on the team.

I have said all along I would like a better physical presence than Ritchie but Gretzky opted to not draft those types of players in his time here so they have a gap in the prospect pool right now for physical guys who can play and are ready. I expect Beecher and Frederic to be much better versions of Ritchie in a couple years but for now he is the biggest forward they have who is somewhat aggressive.

You are also totally correct the biggest issue on this team and it has been for years is getting Krejci a RW. I have been hot and cold on Sweeney and some of his moves but his inability to acquire a RW for the second line and the 2015 draft are his biggest failures
Dude give it a rest. No one here has said he sucks because he's not small, skilled and fast. They've said he sucks, because let's face it - during the preseason he has actually sucked!

Reactions: Blowfish

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Game might be 830 but i think pregame is 730 at least. Either way, gives me a little extra time to get dinner

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Stars lineup

Benn-Seguin-Pavelski
Dickinson-Hintz-Radulov
Cogliano-Faksa-Comeau
Janmark-Dowling-Gurianov

Lindell-Klingberg
Heiskanen-Sekera
Oleksiak-Polak

Bishop

Reactions: BMC

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
As usual I'm left wondering who will score outside of the big four or so in Dallas. Three good defenseman as well... Boston should score 5+ tonight if Krejci is ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->