Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 - 10/3 8:37 PM - The Bear travels to 'Deep In The Heart of Texas' - NESN, SN360, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

upload_2019-10-2_0-39-58.png

upload_2019-10-2_0-40-25.png

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Last summer (a bit of a misnomer since here in Texas it's still summer :( ) this was the match-up I was hoping for in the Final. Unfortunately neither team could solve St. Louis and the modern day Patrick Roy in Jordan Binnington.

The letdown of coming oh-so-close hasn't completely subsided so I'm not exactly brimming with excitement...yet.

It will be odd seeing Joe Pavelski in a Stars uniform. If he, Seguin, or Benn light the lamp, at least Dallas has the best goal song in the league.

Sidenote-the Texas in the video Fenway posted barely exists anymore. Like most NHL arenas, anything regional has mostly disappeared. Most oil rigs and horse pastures are now cookie-cutter apartment complexes and strip malls.

And even the beloved Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders are no longer just about country music (thankfully!) ;)

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I haven't gotten the itch yet but I know I'll be getting more and more amped up as the hours pass. Still way too long until puckdrop.

Reactions: BMC

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Last summer (a bit of a misnomer since here in Texas it's still summer :( ) this was the match-up I was hoping for in the Final. Unfortunately neither team could solve St. Louis and the modern day Patrick Roy in Jordan Binnington.

The letdown of coming oh-so-close hasn't completely subsided so I'm not exactly brimming with excitement...yet.

It will be odd seeing Joe Pavelski in a Stars uniform. If he, Seguin, or Benn light the lamp, at least Dallas has the best goal song in the league.

Sidenote-the Texas in the video Fenway posted barely exists anymore. Like most NHL arenas, anything regional has mostly disappeared. Most oil rigs and horse pastures are now cookie-cutter apartment complexes and strip malls.

And even the beloved Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders are no longer just about country music (thankfully!) ;)

Oh my that was good...

Reactions: Aeroforce

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
LETS GOOO!!!!!

ITS FINALLY HERE!

Just started looking at home opener tickets last night!

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
LESGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm just happy my favorite sport is back, at long last! I love summer, but it always feels longer than it should when you're missing hockey

Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Woo -- a bonafide regular season Fenway GDT! Can't wait for the team to get started and get back into the rhythm. Just moved in with a Leafs fan for a roommate today, so we'll see how that goes...
As of the 18th I will be living with a non hockey fan and a Sharks fan. LoL

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
The Bruins really outta start adopting the "load management" game plan for certain players going forward.

It would really help come playoff time.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I really hope Krejci plays because it is really frustrating to lose a key player for the start of the season, something that has been happening frequently.

That said, thank God hockey's back. Want it. Need it.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I really wanted to be there tomorrow night, but the cost for decent seats comes at a time when it is not financially feasible :oops: I guess that makes me not a superfan, but I needed some yard equipment and didn't want to drive two hours into that hellish traffic mess in Dallas to sit up in the nosebleeds where the players look like ants. Get a better view on NESN with a pause button, reasonably priced food a few feet away and no bathroom line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saxon Eric and BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad