Pre-Game Talk: Game 1- 10/3 7PM Sabres @ Pens 'Haleth son of Háma. There is always hope.' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Yes, but only to the extent it doesn't derail the thread.

I'm trying a different format for game days -
Pre-Game Talk: free fire zone. dredge up all the past crap you want
GDT: for discussion about the game only. Essentially a ROR, Housley, and Murray free zone.
GBU: no change "God Bless Us" (we need it)

I'd vote for creating threads on those topics and leaving them out of everything else. I don't want to have to sift through that much to get nuggets of value. If only we did have topics on those subjects...

dang111

Oct 20, 2017
Lol @ everyone melting down before the puck has even dropped

Who else are we supposed to play instead of Sobotka and Okposo? CJ Smith? Come on. I’m not thrilled either but who else is filling those roles?

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just wanted to point out that yet again the Sabres bring a new player in an annoyed them with the letter. Is almost 10 years of this stuff. Why is it so hard for them to have people come in through the system that are willing to speak their mind or are willing to do what’s necessary to win? I love that Johansson has stepped into this role, but it really does point to an underlying issue in my opinion.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
GDT is in mid-season form already.

I'll trust Krueger's judgement on lineup decisions, for now. As a measuring stick, if Sobotka is the black-hole of suckitude we expect him to be, and he's still dressing, let alone playing top-6 minutes, a month from now, I'll be greatly disappointed in our new coach.

Go Sabres!

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
YA BABY!
x8HP4lf.gif

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Just wanted to point out that yet again the Sabres bring a new player in an annoyed them with the letter. Is almost 10 years of this stuff. Why is it so hard for them to have people come in through the system that are willing to speak their mind or are willing to do what’s necessary to win? I love that Johansson has stepped into this role, but it really does point to an underlying issue in my opinion.
I’m just impressed McCabe made such a strong impression on Kruger this quickly to get an “A”. I was surprised they took them from Okposo and Bogo.

Last edited:
Reactions: BananaSquad

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003

Who else are we supposed to play instead of Sobotka and Okposo? CJ Smith? Come on. I’m not thrilled either but who else is filling those roles?

Theres literally a PROVEN BETTER PLAYER sitting on the bench because I guess he didnt learn Kruegers defensive system or something.

My posts come off as angry, it's just honest frustration. Remember when Ralph said he watched all the tape?

People on this board have watched wayyyyy more Sabres hockey than Ralph, hes been off in Europe doing whatever

Now it's quite possible he realizes very quickly that some of these players have to go, I'm just struggling with the fact that the last 3 coaches we had that didnt do anything to change

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
I’m just impressed McCabe impressed Kruger this quickly to get an “A”. I was surprised they took them from Okposo and Bogo.

The team quit and completey checked out the entire second half of the past two seasons. A lack of leadership on the roster has been pretty clear.

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I’m just impressed McCabe made such a strong impression on Kruger this quickly to get an “A”. I was surprised they took them from Okposo and Bogo.

IIRC, McCabe wore a lot of letters at levels below the NHL and was voted captain by his teammates when he played in the WJC. Certainly not the most skilled player on the roster, but he's got the CV of a leader.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Hey you are the one that posted that this forum sucks already

I'm all for being wrong

You missed the point. the quality of debate is determined by the quality and intelligence of what’s posted not the quality of the team. I’ve never felt the needed to post ignorant nonsense because the team sucked.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013

Smith is a better choice yes and the best thing about playing him over those guys is we can actually see what we have in him before we get rid of him.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

I was surprised he didn't get one earlier, as @tsujimoto74 alluded to it was one of his biggest attributes coming out of college. I was also pretty shocked they took it away from KO (Bogo not so much since he's injured)

Reactions: joshjull

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I was surprised he didn't get one earlier, as @tsujimoto74 alluded to it was one of his biggest attributes coming out of college. I was also pretty shocked they took it away from KO (Bogo not so much since he's injured)

I was surprised as well about Okposo. Sounds like he (KO) understood but it was a tough conversation based on Krueger’s comments yesterday

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Theres literally a PROVEN BETTER PLAYER sitting on the bench because I guess he didnt learn Kruegers defensive system or something.

My posts come off as angry, it's just honest frustration. Remember when Ralph said he watched all the tape?

People on this board have watched wayyyyy more Sabres hockey than Ralph, hes been off in Europe doing whatever

Now it's quite possible he realizes very quickly that some of these players have to go, I'm just struggling with the fact that the last 3 coaches we had that didnt do anything to change

Krueger did watch the tape. Thats why Erod started off in the mix for one of the spots on the 2nd line with a chance at the 2nd line center spot. Erod mentioned that himself near the start of camp. Thats where the previous year and watching video impacts things for a new coach. Where players are slotted to start camp. But he didn’t perform well enough to stay there. Sobotka has been basically a placeholder the last week or so of camp. He’s filled in for injured players in their spots like Larsson and Sheary. Now he’s filling in for Erod.

I get the frustrating but it should be tempered by the fact that they must think Erod has something to contribute. Otherwise he wouldn’t have been slotted where he was to start camp. They just don’t feel he's there yet within their system. But the season is just starting and he’ll certainly get his chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->