Pre-Game Talk: Game 1- 10/3 7PM Sabres @ Pens 'Haleth son of Háma. There is always hope.' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Too early? Nah, it's Sabres season.
solera.jpg

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Time to trade us for an uninspiring return of posters, leaving us with a crater at the GDT position.

Gonna go with 4-1 Pens. Top line has the only goal.
Are you saying I'm going to win a Cup and a a Conn Smythe?!

Reactions: ek93

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I am still excited my Sabres are back.

I just can’t buy into hope this year until some evidence is presented.

Btw,

That’s a lot of 1 goal openers :(

We’re not only losing them, we’re also looking crappy. Boston was a rough time last year.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
We lost 4-0 last season opener. That sounds like a good way to lose any hope for the season. But I think we can do better!

6-1 Pens. Sobotka with the lone goal.

Hockey is back woo!

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I'll be optimistic right up until they come out looking lazy and sloppy and get scored on in the first minute of the game.

Then I'll convince myself that there's a lot of new faces, new coaching staff, etc... so it's okay.

Then they'll go down a few more goals and look defeated going into the locker room after the 1st. Leaving me with that sinking, disappointed feeling after a long offseason of general optimism and pumping their tires.

Then they'll come out and play "alright" the rest of the game, as the other team takes their foot off the gas. Maybe they'll score a goal sometime before the game is up just to make me feel a little conflicted the next few days.

VanekAttack91

Mar 22, 2010
Buffalo,NY
Let's see how these lines "work themselves out" for tonight.. Sabres will score more than 1, that's all I know. Murray is not the same as his SC winning year and looked like Jack Johnson was on their 2nd pair. We give it good to Risto, but Johnson is not much better

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Game Preview: 10/3/19 at Pittsburgh

cut.jpg

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 0)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Zach Bogosian (hip, Oct. 3; injured reserve) – 0 games
Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 3; injured reserve) – 0 games
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (hip; Oct. 3, injured reserve) – 0 games
Brandon Montour (hand, Oct. 3; injured reserve) – 0 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
9/29: Assigned D William Borgen to Rochester (AHL)
9/30: Placed F Remi Elie, F Curtis Lazar, F Scott Wilson and D Casey Nelson on waivers; Assigned F Rasmus Asplund, F Tage Thompson and D Lawrence Pilut to Rochester (AHL)
10/1: Recalled F Jean-Sebastien Dea, F Curtis Lazar and D Lawrence Pilut from Rochester (AHL); Assigned F Remi Elie, F Curtis Lazar, F Victor Olofsson, F Scott Wilson, D Henri Jokiharju and D Casey Nelson Rochester; Placed D Zach Bogosian, D Matt Hunwick, D Brandon Montour and G Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen on IR
10/3: Recalled F Victor Olofsson and D Henri Jokiharju from Rochester (AHL); Assigned F Jean-Sebastien Dea, F Curtis Lazar and D Lawrence Pilut to Rochester

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, Oct. 5: New Jersey at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 7: Buffalo at Columbus, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 9: Montreal at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 11: Florida at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 14: Dallas at Buffalo, 3 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at PENGUINS
  • This is the first of three meetings between the Sabres and Penguins this season.
  • Last meeting: Pittsburgh defeated Buffalo 5-0 in Buffalo on March 14
  • Next meeting: Saturday, Feb. 22 in Pittsburgh
  • The Sabres are 3-5-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Penguins; 2-6-2 on the road.
  • This is the 192nd game all-time between Buffalo and Pittsburgh; Buffalo has a 67-81-43 series record.
  • The Sabres are 25-50-21 on the road against the Penguins all-time.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I'll say the team plays well, not dominant but respectable.

Then soft goaltending and one defensive mistake leads to 2 quick goals against resulting in a meltdown that the team looks awful, when in reality its only the scoreboard that looks awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad