GDT: Gambling Industry vs Waste Management - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
agreed he played well.. he is in some kind of funk as is the team. but there is at least something to take away from the game...shero my boy you sure have your work cut out for you over the next few months and off season.. i don't see him long for this world with this organization..his rebuild has failed.... lets be realistic.. we don't have the defense or goaltending for anything serious in next couple years and zajac .. greene... hall... vats perhaps will not be here next season... so we are starting over. again. not saying we are starting from scratch but we have to reset our brains to realize we are doing a go around.

i would like to see mcleod and bastian called up. i think they play the type of north/south game that will help the team out.. they will get in front and funnel pucks towards the net.. this team is entirely too similar upfront in its personal .. we need some size up front to compliment the smaller skilled guys.. palmers, hall, hischier, bratt, gusev, coleman.. just can't create enough chaos in front of the net.. its too many of the same style players .. zacha.. doesn't really play in the paint.. time to move on from one or two of those types and replace with mcleod of bastian types.. its what is needed up from.. oh and we need a real goalie.. MB is a nice asset but he won't cut it i would platoon him with domingue so he doesn't feel un needed pressure to win

I disagree on the part where “losing “ Greene and Zajac is looked at as a bad thing .
That and I don’t think the roster is that horrible.
There are players that can replaced for far less cost = more cap space and younger .
It sucks losing experience and need some veterans on the roster but Greene is useless as a captian . I got sick of his “ meh , we had some bad bounces and need to play better “ post game interviews after getting totally demolished and looking like garbage for 20 games in a row.
I’d be good with resigning Zajac for his defensive two way game and face off / PK ability and experience .
I do t think the roster is that bad moving forward.
Try to resign Vats , there are a couple legit #1 goalie UFA ‘s coming up.Smith will be ready next year .
A legit #1 goalie , a top 4 Dman , Smith emerging would be enough to be a playoff team IMO.
Another year of Nico Hughes Zacha Bratt Boqvist maturing with Palms Coleman plus whoever we get for trading Hall Simmonds and hopefully Wood .

Reactions: Tretyak 20

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Chico was tough on Hall on the post game radio show, basically said that someone who gets paid as much as he does can just have games where he tries hard and that he needs to start scoring goals.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
You know how you can tell JAMES Wan is a good director? Look how ridiculous that demon is and wan makes that Puddy wanna be a scary character.

He sets that one up really well

The mother telling the story of her dream, creepy thing in the corner of the kid's room...then when not really anticipating anything after the story they edit that quick cut in there where it's behind him

Like you said, makeup looks kinda lame but the editing, timing, and sound is everything in that scene

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Chico was tough on Hall on the post game radio show, basically said that someone who gets paid as much as he does can just have games where he tries hard and that he needs to start scoring goals.
4% shooting percentage. Terrifying with the amount of glorious chances he has had.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hey folks, I was hanging with the Vegas Knights GDT tonight before the Canucks game started and just thought I'd pass on that their Members were popping in & out of your GDT and reporting that you guys are probably one of the most reasonable fan bases they've dealt with, especially considering how rough your season has been.

I figured you guys can use all the positive energy directed your way as possible. I've mentioned it in a few other Posts but it deserves repetition until it happens:

Best of luck in your search for a Permanent Coaching Staff to right the ship.

Cheers from the West

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I disagree on the part where “losing “ Greene and Zajac is looked at as a bad thing .
That and I don’t think the roster is that horrible.
There are players that can replaced for far less cost = more cap space and younger .
It sucks losing experience and need some veterans on the roster but Greene is useless as a captian . I got sick of his “ meh ,

I hear you - I'd like a better captain - but honestly, I'm not sure what else he can say except:

"Vatanan costs us a goal a game with stupid passes, stupid decisions and the inability to actually cover anyone."
"Subban is terribly overrated and a liability defensively."
"I've been waiting for 4 years for Severson to show he's an NHL defenseman, yet every game is an adventure. His lackadaisical attempts at defense just KILL us nightly."
The rest of our D is AHL material, including myself.
"Blackwood is a nice kid, but too green as a goalie and he's hurting us when we aren't busy hurting him."
"Although the Bratts, Hughes, Gusevs et al are clearly talented - they have no idea what it takes to play in their own zone, have no one to teach them, and they cost us every single game."
"Hall being here is just bad mojo at this point. Great player, simply not worth 11m/7 to this franchise, unless we want to cripple it further".
"Every other vet up front isn't pulling his weight this year."
"This coaching staff and GM has crippled our ability to play hockey, with a stupid system, mindless personnel moves, and really zero encouragement or momentum or display of any sort of 'coaching'. Our special teams, 5v5 games, our own zone, the offensive zone... all of it is a complete mess of unprecedented terrbleness."

I mean - he could say all of those things and be right. Where do you frigging start? Does it light a fire?

This team is poorly constructed, poorly developed, poorly managed - it's just numbers thrown together with alot of potential and really no chance of gelling.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
and breakaways.

Its to the point i don't even get excited when he goes in on a breakaway.. he has had countless opportunities this season to score big goals at key times in games where the devils would take a 2 goal lead in third and has not come up big.. not once all year.. its one of many problems the team has had this year. you start by playing ok and losing.. then the losing just becomes a habit much like winning does.. see the NY Islanders. they expect to win .. we expect to lose.. you don't turn it around all of a sudden and to top it off we don't even have a #1 goalie.. so I just hope that if the team even begins to shape up a bit that Shero realizes this season .. is to be punted and re-tooled for next year.. he is on thin ice starting now. He will get this season to re-tool this team but my guess is his seat will be hot next season

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I hear you - I'd like a better captain - but honestly, I'm not sure what else he can say except:

"Vatanan costs us a goal a game with stupid passes, stupid decisions and the inability to actually cover anyone."
"I've been waiting for 4 years for Severson to show he's an NHL defenseman, yet every game is an adventure. His lackadaisical attempts at defense just KILL us nightly."
"Blackwood is a nice kid, but too green as a goalie and he's hurting us when we aren't busy hurting him."
"Although the Bratts, Hughes, Gusevs et al are clearly talented - they have no idea what it takes to play in their own zone, have no one to teach them, and they cost us every single game."
"Hall being here is just bad mojo at this point. Great player, simply not worth 11m/7 to this franchise, unless we want to cripple it further".
"This coaching staff and GM has crippled our ability to play hockey, with a stupid system, mindless personnel moves, and really zero encouragement or momentum or display of any sort of 'coaching'. Our special teams, 5v5 games, our own zone, the offensive zone... all of it is a complete mess of unprecedented terrbleness."

I mean - he could say all of those things and be right. Where do you frigging start? Does it light a fire?

This team is poorly constructed, poorly developed, poorly managed - it's just numbers thrown together with alot of potential and really no chance of gelling.

The last statement is the one that rings most loudly.. Its not a well put together club. Some of that is Hynes. Some of that is Shero.. Bastian and Mcleod should have made this team out of camp instead of John Hayden, or Rooney even thought Rooney has been ok. that was mistke #1 but at the time it didn't seem bad.

They really rolled the dice on goaltending, bad decision. I hope to god PK is just playing bad, because if this is his game Shero overpaid for him. Shero looks smart not to have signed Hall . I think the sun is setting on Zajac and Greene, lets get these two vets to a team where they can pursue a cup.. they both have value to a team

I would like to see Zacha for the next 50 games under a different coach.. Shero signed him to a smart contract.. wanna see if its him or hynes..

palmeri is battling.. simmonds was a good signing and i have no issues with bringing him back on the cheap we need toughness

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I don't think you're going to get a good idea how good or bad this roster is constructed until you see them play under a veteran head coach.

Teams will shell out money for free agents this summer. The Devils should be shelling out money for Cooper or Laviolette

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
The last statement is the one that rings most loudly.. Its not a well put together club. Some of that is Hynes. Some of that is Shero.. Bastian and Mcleod should have made this team out of camp instead of John Hayden, or Rooney even thought Rooney has been ok. that was mistke #1 but at the time it didn't seem bad.

They really rolled the dice on goaltending, bad decision. I hope to god PK is just playing bad, because if this is his game Shero overpaid for him. Shero looks smart not to have signed Hall . I think the sun is setting on Zajac and Greene, lets get these two vets to a team where they can pursue a cup.. they both have value to a team

I would like to see Zacha for the next 50 games under a different coach.. Shero signed him to a smart contract.. wanna see if its him or hynes..

palmeri is battling.. simmonds was a good signing and i have no issues with bringing him back on the cheap we need toughness

Fourth liners as the big mistake?
Would Bastian and Mcleod have NJ in the PO?
Would Bastian and Mcleod have an impact on the cap and enable more attractive trade options?
Would Bastian and Mcleod develop better with the NHL team?
:facepalm:

Shero should be accountable for:
1) Coaching staff
2) Goalies - the Schneider contract and lack of quality prospects made things obviously a little bit difficult
3) Defense - the trades for Vatanen and Subban didn't have the desired effect, but the values weren't bad at all and help from the draft always takes a little longer

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Fourth liners as the big mistake?
Would Bastian and Mcleod have NJ in the PO?
Would Bastian and Mcleod have an impact on the cap and enable more attractive trade options?
Would Bastian and Mcleod develop better with the NHL team?
:facepalm:

Shero should be accountable for:
1) Coaching staff
2) Goalies - the Schneider contract and lack of quality prospects made things obviously a little bit difficult
3) Defense - the trades for Vatanen and Subban didn't have the desired effect, but the values weren't bad at all and help from the draft always takes a little longer

Vats has been really good for us outside of injury stints. I have no idea why anyone would say that didn’t have the desired effect?

You leave Cory on Lou’s doorstep. He traded a 9th overall on a team that needed to start a rebuild (and one that wasn’t guaranteed to even have a 1st the following season) and signed him to that contract.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

It's a lot easier to just say it as a fan, but in my mind the captain should be the one calling out players (not specifically, but the way Ray has been doing). But to be able to do that and not lose the locker room, the captain has to be capable too...which Greene well...that's arguable.

It's really amazing how spoiled we are, with the best goalie of all time and one of the best captains...

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
It's a lot easier to just say it as a fan, but in my mind the captain should be the one calling out players (not specifically, but the way Ray has been doing). But to be able to do that and not lose the locker room, the captain has to be capable too...which Greene well...that's arguable.

It's really amazing how spoiled we are, with the best goalie of all time and one of the best captains...

Well said. I agree with you - and I've never thought much of Andy Greene as a captain. I'm really not sure who this team would listen and respond to at this point. No sense in making Hall a captain. The main candidates - Hughes, Nico et al, are just too young. I would think that whatever he's had to say, he's said to Severson - but I don't know if Subban or Vats would listen to anyone.

Palms? Don't think he really has that cachet with the lockerroom, but maybe.
Trav? I think you get exactly what you have with Greene. Nice guy, not going to call anyone out.

Hmm. Wonder if there is a Lou-esque move here somehow - bringing in some guy who is at the downside of his career - and is just hanging on - won't contribute on the scoresheet - but brings respectability... sort of like what Patty did for us for a year or two. maybe on a bad contract we could eat...

You kinda get the feeling that with coaching and someone to add a rudder to this thing - that the talent on the ice certainly *could* produce a hell of alot better than it does.

Hell - if there was a Brind'amour -ish ex player looking for a coaching gig, I'd give him an interim tag and let him run the rest of the season.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Vats has been really good for us outside of injury stints. I have no idea why anyone would say that didn’t have the desired effect?

You leave Cory on Lou’s doorstep. He traded a 9th overall on a team that needed to start a rebuild (and one that wasn’t guaranteed to even have a 1st the following season) and signed him to that contract.
That's exactly what I wanted to say. Lou left Shero with few options at the goalie position. But he also didn't take any measures except drafting a goalie every season and invest an additional 7rd pick for Domingue.

The Schneider contract and lack of goalie pipeline made Shero's task a big one. But he hasn't managed to improve the goaltending of the NJD, yet. At least he seems committed to invest yearly a draft pick. But

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
That's exactly what I wanted to say. Lou left Shero with few options at the goalie position. But he also didn't take any measures except drafting a goalie every season and invest an additional 7rd pick for Domingue.

The Schneider contract and lack of goalie pipeline made Shero's task a big one. But he hasn't managed to improve the goaltending of the NJD, yet. At least he seems committed to invest yearly a draft pick. But

But? But....? I'm on the edge of my seat :)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

He took the measures he needed to take. I don’t think anyone predicted Cory falling apart like he did, so of course we didn’t spend major money or trade resources on a number 1.

Goalies take a long time to develop so the plan was not to force a young goalie into a starting role since Cory was supposed to be good for longer.

His goose is cooked. He will be bought out and someone better will be brought in to spilt starts with Blackwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad