Recalled/Assigned: Gambardella brought up

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
Looking forward to see him playing decently up here for a couple games, getting sent back and then signing somewhere like Dallas or Chicago in the off-season.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Wonder if he will play now Cagguila is gone.
well the optics are definitely that he is coming in as Caggiula exits.

Jones got called up and played, so I like Gambardella's chances.

He'll have to show something in practice first though I'd assume

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
He should play on the 2nd line, but will probably go on the 4th.

Rattie - McDavid - Draisaitl
Gambardella - RNH - Puljujaarvi
Reider - Khaira - Yamamoto
Lucic - Brodziak - Kassian

Spooner in the PB.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Ho hum, another cannon fodder callup. Give him his 2-3 games, with zero impact, and send him down. Rinse and repeat later on in the season with another one.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I liked his play. Unfortunately he only got 5mins of it but in that time was a pitbull closing in on opponents and cutting time and space. What I particularly liked is the aggressive attack and energy. Many players that attempt to look busy will get near the puck. near opponents but just enough to make it look like they're doing something (Spooner) Gambardella plays like somebody that actually wants the puck and is willing to get dirty and to take physical punishment to get it. Too early to tell but I saw some grit in this dog. Want to see more.

If this season goes south, and its another development time year I want guys like Gambardella up and seeing what they can do and if they get better. Could be this is the player that allowed us to trade Caggiulia. Not something I would have done, but if this is a tank year and reloading..

All I can say at this point is the kid showed spunk.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He should play on the 2nd line, but will probably go on the 4th.

Rattie - McDavid - Draisaitl
Gambardella - RNH - Puljujaarvi
Reider - Khaira - Yamamoto
Lucic - Brodziak - Kassian

Spooner in the PB.

With the express purpose of telling him to watch specifically for what NHL level of effort to obtain success looks like. What a dog f***er. As predicted he did NOTHING on topsix last night. One or two shifts where even controlled the puck adroitly. Spooner is terrible in NZ corralling pucks, breakout, coverage, or anything. Hand him the puck with open ice in offensive zone and Spooner looks like a player occasionally. He doesn't resemble one anywhere else.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Ho hum, another cannon fodder callup. Give him his 2-3 games, with zero impact, and send him down. Rinse and repeat later on in the season with another one.
I don't have much of an issue doing this. Not like any of the guys that never get sent down are doing anything. Maybe we can get a couple games here and there from these guys. Or at least see what we have in some of these guys and give them advice on what they need to do to get to the next level

Reactions: Cypress

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad