Gallagher should be the Captain

IdontSpitOnTheIce

Apr 27, 2012
Doesn’t matter who’s captain. Gallagher is the type of guy you can put on Crosby’s wing at the olympics and win gold. Pacioretty was getting breakaways every game when he was on his line and in race for the rocket. What a player.

Reactions: 26Mats and Kojo

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
They should make the players vote again. And totally disregard the vote to confirm Shea Weber as the Captain. WHat a shit show this is.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Players in the room know who the leaders are regardless of a stitched letters on a jersey. Makes no difference in the room.
Players follow leaders regardless of a C or A on a jersey.
Its leadership they follow. Its not like the C gives you any more authority over any1 in a room. Respect is earned thru actions not a title.
The whole thing is overated. At all levels. All sports.

disagree.....when the captain speaks you listen just a little bit more

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If I was GM I'd cut a deal with Seattle to take Weber.

You name Gally as captain and then sign Dougie Hamilton with Weber's money.

If no one takes Weber, we could also buyout Drouin and Byron, and move Chiarot, and have enough money to sign Hamilton.

But will Hamilton sign here?

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
Players in the room know who the leaders are regardless of a stitched letters on a jersey. Makes no difference in the room.
Its leadership they follow. Its not like the C gives you any more authority over any1 in a room. Respect is earned thru actions not a title.
plain wrong

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Who ****ing cares who the captain is. The Golden Knights have been a contender for nearly all their existence and literally named their first captain this season.

Reactions: Trash Man and the

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Will Hamilton sign here?
What would it cost for Seattle to take Weber?
I'd be more leaning towards cutting a deal for them to take Price if he agrees. They'd have to keep salary and throw them at least a pick, but it makes sense, given his ties to the west coast. If he's on his game, he is still a top goalie. Plus, Seattle may be the only team who would take him on.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Honestly, Gally should be part of the dismantling of this team. Even given his age and health and the way he plays, he would still fetch a great return. And let's face it, they aren't going anywhere without a rebuild. Gally would be a great asset. I'd rather keep Anderson and Toffoli as they're younger.

Reactions: the

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I'd be more leaning towards cutting a deal for them to take Price if he agrees. They'd have to keep salary and throw them at least a pick, but it makes sense, given his ties to the west coast. If he's on his game, he is still a top goalie. Plus, Seattle may be the only team who would take him on.
Seems like an idea worth feeling out at least. Id lean away from the idea now but if it doesnt cost much in terms of retention or high pick I think they have to consider it

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Honestly, Gally should be part of the dismantling of this team. Even given his age and health and the way he plays, he would still fetch a great return. And let's face it, they aren't going anywhere without a rebuild. Gally would be a great asset. I'd rather keep Anderson and Toffoli as they're younger.

Gallagher is a month younger than Toffoli.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Gallagher should be gone along with all the other losers from this leadership group.

Gally, Webs, Danault, Byron, Drouin, Kulak, Chiarot, Staal, Armia

Id think about keeping Tatar and Edmundson, Price.

Id keep the rest.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Until Shea hangs them up or leaves there is no debate, he will be the captain.

However long that is will determine who should be next. If very soon, sure Gally, in 3-4 more years, who knows!

Anyone, doesn't much matter. Whats more important is will be the GM, D of Scouting, and HC.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland

plain wrong

Can you expand exactly on where he is wrong?
Respect is not earned through actions?
Players don't follow leaders unless they have a letter slapped on?
No doubt it's important to some players who gets the C and the A's but I think it's mostly important to the fans and probably marketing departments (I personally couldn't care less).

Reactions: aresknights

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

“Like I said this morning, we can’t wait around any longer; these games are way too important,” said Anderson. “We’ve got to start playing playoff hockey so once we get into the playoffs we’re ready to go (and) not a step behind.”

Thats the next captain.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Gallagher will be captain... Weber is not playing his age 38 season. 2 more years of this type of roster and another direction is coming boys and girls

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Yes let’s hang the albatross on someone else thus ensuring they will play with additional pressure that we’re not sure they can withstand. Weber we know can take it and manages to avoid attracting criticism. Much prefer a defenseman as captain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->