News Article: Galchenyuk Willing to accept 1 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Somebody guy called in during Laraque's show on the radio earlier. He said that he's heard coming out of Tampa the deal could be Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, and 1st Round 2017 for Drouin, Killorn, and a conditional pick in either 2018 or 2019.

Take this with a huge grain of salt. But the guy said it's a rumour going around Tampa.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
As for Galchenyuk having an incredible hockey sense, he does not. He just does not. A nice pass here and there (which he actually isn't doing consistently, most of his hot streaks were actually a result of Pacioretty spoon-feeding him with open-nets) and thousands of missed dekes and missed attempts at beating 3 players while not even moving your feet is not what I call having a great hockey sense. In fact, he's similar to Kostitsyn in many aspects. Both are/were too stupid to keep it simple when the situation asks for it.

Above-average? The guy tries junior dekes and fails the vast majority of the time. Fumbles the puck even when barely pressured. He's slow on the puck and has poor positionning. Passing well =/= IQ. He doesnt generate anything by himself and doesnt make his linemates better. Plus he's a liability defensively.

Needs top linemates and top minutes to do anything. Danault and Byron are more productive at 5-on-5 ffs. Definition of complimentary player.

Whats funny is that I like AG. Been a fan since before the 12 draft. But he needs to figure it out because he's not playing well.

Please stop using childish retorts like : "you dont watch the games". I actually do and cant tell if youre serious. Tell any coach at any level that Galchenyuk has a strong IQ. Youll get laughed at. The guy has poor decision making.

Totally agree with both of you. Another indicator of his poor IQ is his inability to skate the puck through the neutral zone. Never takes advantage of open space, always tries the deke, which, if successful takes away all his speed. The usual result is that Galchenyuk ends up having to dump in the puck because he has no momentum and all the forecheckers are held up at the blueline. It results in no pressure and an easy-out for the opposition.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
You're totally right about that.

Damn what I would give to trade places with a team like Winnipeg. Good young talent on the roster and a top 5 prospect pool.... one day maybe.

Winnipeg has done what exactly??? They're goaltending ****ing stinks. Sure they have some good players but without goaltending where are they going?? Same for the flames. When you have goaltending you always have a chance IF you have a component GM...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Somebody guy called in during Laraque's show on the radio earlier. He said that he's heard coming out of Tampa the deal could be Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, and 1st Round 2017 for Drouin, Killorn, and a conditional pick in either 2018 or 2019.

Take this with a huge grain of salt. But the guy said it's a rumour going around Tampa.

Going to be difficult to make this deal while he's simultaneously trading Galchenyuk + 1st round pick for Derek Stepan or Claude Giroux or Jason Spezza or Brandon Dubinsky though.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Winnipeg has done what exactly??? They're goaltending ****ing stinks. Sure they have some good players but without goaltending where are they going?? Same for the flames. When you have goaltending you always have a chance IF you have a component GM...

Winnipeg has been rebuilding for a while. Their cupboards are completely stocked, along with having elite young roster players as well. They aren't contenders now, but they will be very soon.

Id much rather be winnipeg right now. They're almost done their rebuild, the Habs haven't even started theirs yet.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Winnipeg has been rebuilding for a while. Their cupboards are completely stocked, along with having elite young roster players as well. They aren't contenders now, but they will be very soon.

Id much rather be winnipeg right now. They're almost done their rebuild, the Habs haven't even started theirs yet.

Still need goalie though. I like they're prospects but won't win without a goalie. Plus winning the lottery last year and getting laine didn't hurt

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Above-average? The guy tries junior dekes and fails the vast majority of the time. Fumbles the puck even when barely pressured. He's slow on the puck and has poor positionning. Passing well =/= IQ. He doesnt generate anything by himself and doesnt make his linemates better. Plus he's a liability defensively.

Needs top linemates and top minutes to do anything. Danault and Byron are more productive at 5-on-5 ffs. Definition of complimentary player.

Whats funny is that I like AG. Been a fan since before the 12 draft. But he needs to figure it out because he's not playing well.

Please stop using childish retorts like : "you dont watch the games". I actually do and cant tell if youre serious. Tell any coach at any level that Galchenyuk has a strong IQ. Youll get laughed at. The guy has poor decision making.

Can you please provide some facts to backup your statements (opinions)?

- "Tell any coach at any level"...How do you know this (without being in the NHL)?
- "Danault and Byron are more productive at 5-on-5 ffs"...You mean with more ice time? Since they both averaged more ice time at 5v5 last season?
- "He's slow on the puck and has poor positioning"...You mean like all those time he put himself into position on the right side and the multiple one times he fired into the net?
- "He doesn't generate anything by himself and doesn't make his linemates better."...Radulov was saying the exact opposite that he enjoyed playing with Galchenyuk and that they created a lot together.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

Well using that logic Radulov is also a complementary player.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Can you please provide some facts to backup your statements (opinions)?

- "Tell any coach at any level"...How do you know this (without being in the NHL)?
- "Danault and Byron are more productive at 5-on-5 ffs"...You mean with more ice time? Since they both averaged more ice time at 5v5 last season?
- "He's slow on the puck and has poor positioning"...You mean like all those time he put himself into position on the right side and the multiple one times he fired into the net?
- "He doesn't generate anything by himself and doesn't make his linemates better."...Radulov was saying the exact opposite that he enjoyed playing with Galchenyuk and that they created a lot together.

Danault 13:50 EV TOI/GP 37 EVP
Byron 12:32 EV TOI/GP 38 EVP

Chucky 13:36 EV TOI/GP 29 EVP!

Try again...

I don't think the discussion was about standing still on the PP waiting for a perfect pass to one time the puck...

Well using that logic Radulov is also a complementary player.

Radulov has 38 EVP?

void

Jan 5, 2006
I'm 90% sure that it's going to be something around Galchenyuk for Stepan

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm 90% sure that it's going to be something around Galchenyuk for Stepan

You forgot to add the Habs 1st round pick, Mikhail Sergachev, Arturi Lehkonen and a lifetime supply of Molson beer for Derek Stepan

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

Try again...

I don't think the discussion was about standing still on the PP waiting for a perfect pass to one time the puck...

Radulov has 38 EVP?

So much better practice to cherry pick stats to make an argument then?

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/montreal-canadiens-team-stats?season=2016&category=ICE+TIME&time=0

This calculator seems to show that Galchenyuk has the most points per minutes played on the team and shows that Danault had slightly more even strength ice time (while producing far less).

What you have to understand is that no one is claiming he is some McDavid god of hockey but there is difference between having issues in your game and being labelled as a secondary forward that will never bring anything to the table but a shot on the powerplay.

It's certainly not black and white , trading him as if he is the major reason we aren't succeeding would be absolutely foolish. This is the same mentality we always have , face an issue during the season and find a scapegoat to place the blame.

That is why I bring up Bergevin , he is clearly one of the big problems and nothing will change until he is gone.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
I don't like management can I trade them?

I seriously hope we dont burn this kid, the only player we have left, along with Rads, that's remotely interesting to watch playing. This team is boring to watch as it is.

That being said if he is traded I seriously hope its not for another move that makes us feel like we're on the losing end of the deal, I'd love for MB to look like a genius once in his career...I know, tough request.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

Try again...

Radulov has 38 EVP?

Radulov produces 1.67 P/60 at 5on5, which is even less then Galchenyuk's 1.74.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
One should wonder if Alex Galchenyuk himself has any interest in developing further as well...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
So much better practice to cherry pick stats to make an argument then?

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/montreal-canadiens-team-stats?season=2016&category=ICE+TIME&time=0

This calculator seems to show that Galchenyuk has the most points per minutes played on the team and shows that Danault had slightly more even strength ice time (while producing far less).

What you have to understand is that no one is claiming he is some McDavid god of hockey but there is difference between having issues in your game and being labelled as a secondary forward that will never bring anything to the table but a shot on the powerplay.

It's certainly not black and white , trading him as if he is the major reason we aren't succeeding would be absolutely foolish. This is the same mentality we always have , face an issue during the season and find a scapegoat to place the blame.
That is why I bring up Bergevin , he is clearly one of the big problems and nothing will change until he is gone.

That is all minutes so includes PP+SH time. It's unfair to look at when comparing players since PP and SH time will skew things.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
You guys really think AG + 2017 1st is being discussed for Derek Stepan? Come on. I know we're a doomsday cult but let's keep it realistic. (if it happens I will be the first to call for MB's firing)...

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I don't see the hesitation to trading AG for Duchene if you can do it straight up somehow. I think we need a centre so bad that if he is the best you can get you have to do it.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I would trade Galchenyuk for Drouin straight up, wouldn't add a thing though. I would be quite happy with this trade actually.

I would absolutely not trade him for Stepan though...

Getting nervous. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad