Confirmed with Link: Galchenyuk traded to Toronto before playing a single game for CAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
This is too much. Galchenyuk's been traded to Toronto without having played a single game for Carolina.

Galchenyuk traded to Maple Leafs by Hurricanes

Carolina received Egor Korshkov and David Warsofsky. Hadn't heard of either of these guys. After looking them up, neither is impressive.

Korshov is a 31st OA from 2016 with 1 NHL game who scored 16G/25P in 44 GP for the Marlies last year. Warsofsky is a 4th round pick (defenseman) from 2008 (???) who's played a grand total of 55 nhl games most recently in 2018. This is not an impressive package for a former 3OA / 30 goal scorer with over 500 games played -- who should honestly still be in his prime at 27 years old.

What happened here? Curious to hear your guys' thoughts. From my perspective, he shot a lot and missed the net even more, but imo he didn't hurt our team the one year he was here. He was even tied for the team lead in goals scored with Brad Richardson (19) that year Richardson and Grabner scored all those shorthanded goals

Reactions: slovakia18

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We talked about it a bit in the other thread. There's obviously something other than on-ice performance that is in play here. Whether it's dad or the hinted substance abuse thing or just an attitude problem. He's not a topline forward, but he's an NHL forward. There's a reason this is happening. Pick one or all of the above. I don't know.

Reactions: Surfshop

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
He’s a guy who is playing/has played his way out of the league. He fooled the marketing department here in AZ into thinking he was a top 6 star because he had a coyotes doorbell.

Good luck to him.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Carolina wanted to dump Dzingel and clear capspace. Ottawa wanted Dzingel back but needed to clear some salary. Toronto wanted to open up a contract spot and figured they’d give Galchenyuk a shot.

It’s not like Galchenyuk did something to offend Carolina. It was never about him for them.
I heard the conteact spot debunked yesterday. The Leafs were only at 47. Dave Poulin thinks the Leafs actually like the player???

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Galchenyuk reminds me we were stupid enough to trade Domi for him then made even a worse trade after that. Rather not have him here reminding me of that even more not to mention I don't like the player either.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Galchenyuk reminds me we were stupid enough to trade Domi for him then made even a worse trade after that. Rather not have him here reminding me of that even more not to mention I don't like the player either.
In the Domi/Chucky/Kessel shuttle, POJ is proving to be the most valuable piece.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
In the Domi/Chucky/Kessel shuttle, POJ is proving to be the most valuable piece.

Had to take a peak at Domi's stats, 6 points in 17 games, woof. Love the kid but I think his 72 point season was an outlier. Probably more of a 45-55 point forward. Still only 25 and could improve but I feel like he lost some mojo since we traded him and more so now that he was traded a second time.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The move to Toronto means nothing other than Carolina was just looking to shuffle players around. Teams still have confidence that Galchenyuk can deliver something of value to their roster. Toronto is viewed as a team with Cup aspirations and they saw of player of value unless, they too, intend to flip him.

Not down on the Coyotes for taking a fly. Domi isn't exactly lighting up the league either.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad