Status
Not open for further replies.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Moen - concussion (Mar. 24) - day-to-day - will miss at least 1 week
Weise - upper body (wrist?) (Mar. 24) - injured reserve - will miss 2-3 weeks
Prust - upper body (ribs?) (Mar. 20) - injured reserve - out for the rest of the regular season - playoffs a possibility?
Gorges - minor hand fracture (Mar. 5) - injured reserve - had surgery Mar. 10 - out 4 weeks - with the team on the road trip

Moen & Weise
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 33m

Medical update: Dale Weise (upper body) will be out 2-3 weeks. Travis Moen (concussion) is feeling better but will miss at least 1 week.

Prust:
John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl 36s
#Habs advise Prust will be out for the reminder of the regular season with an upper body injury. To be re-evaluated at start of playoffs.

Gorges:
Just for anyone asking

Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin 16 min
Josh Gorges a accompagné le Canadien en voyage.

[Gorges accompanied the Canadiens on the trip]

Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 53s

Josh Gorges underwent surgery this morning to repair a fracture in his left hand. His recovery is estimated to be four weeks.

Last edited:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Some chatter on Twitter that it was known Gorges was going to have to miss some time and that's what prompted the Weaver trade. It doesn't seem like the injury happened last night, though he still played.

PricePkPatch*

Some chatter on Twitter that it was known Gorges was going to have to miss some time and that's what prompted the Weaver trade. It doesn't seem like the injury happened last night, though he still played.

Bergevin :shakehead:

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
If true Gorges should miss tonight game and the Sharks one.

Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Subban
Murray-Weaver

PricePkPatch*

The depth is always good to have, but let's be honest if it was that serious he wouldn't have played last night especially with Weaver in the stands and ready to go

I know. But it's damn good to have Weaver at least as a backup so Gorges can make sure he's A-grade for the playoffs.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I know. But it's damn good to have Weaver at least as a backup so Gorges can make sure he's A-grade for the playoffs.

It's good to have Weaver so Bouillon doesn't ever play again and Murray can rotate instead of playing in back to back games. He looks like he is dying out there :laugh:

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Oh we are so screwed without our true captain, Joshy Gorgy.

Total sarcasm I hope he misses the season of all habs players he's the one I can't stand the most and that's despite the fact we share the same first name

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
The Weaver pickup looks very good and justified right now.

Gorges' issue must have been known before that decision was made. Glad to have a right handed stay at home dman (too bad he is a bit undersized but that's alright, we have Murray and Tinordi as regulars now and they compensate ;) )

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I was willing to bet Gorges was injured and that was the reason we went for Weaver. Said so in the Weaver threads.
Now I hope Therrien doesn't crap the bed and use Weaver as a lefty on PK's side.
Time to rearrange our D squad.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
You know what, Gorges can sit the entire season. I like this D better without him.

Gorges is way better 3rd pairing D then Weaver. Gorges would look really good on that 3rd pairing with Murray.

The Weaver pickup looks very good and justified right now.

Gorges' issue must have been known before that decision was made. Glad to have a right handed stay at home dman (too bad he is a bit undersized but that's alright, we have Murray and Tinordi as regulars now and they compensate ;) )

Bigger Better Stronger!!! Next year should be interesting!!!

Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Beaulieu-Gorges

Murray

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I was willing to bet Gorges was injured and that was the reason we went for Weaver. Said so in the Weaver threads.
Now I hope Therrien doesn't crap the bed and use Weaver as a lefty on PK's side.
Time to rearrange our D squad.

Knowing Therrien he will probably come up with something like this.....

Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Subban
Murray-Tinordi

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
:( Sucks to lose Gorges. Hopefully he'll be back in time for the playoffs.

Seems like Bergevin and co. knew more than the fans, what they were in for and what they needed when acquiring Weaver. This looks like a really smart move.

In Bergevin, I trust.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
:( Sucks to lose Gorges. Hopefully he'll be back in time for the playoffs.

Seems like Bergevin and co. knew more than the fans, what they were in for and what they needed when acquiring Weaver. This looks like a really smart move.

In Bergevin, I trust.

He can't be seriously hurt.... He played 21 minutes yesterday. They might give im a couples day of rest and be ready to play the Bruins of Monday.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Happened in Leafs game on the PK. He blocked a shot with his hand that game and they showed a clip of him on the bench bleeding from his hand.

LLoyd Christmas I

Jul 11, 2013
Gorges may have injured himself when he went hard into the boards on that back-check against LA. He looked a little shaken afterwards and went to the dressing room when he returned to the bench. Picked Weaver up the next day.

On another note, if we're willing to dress an injured Gorges over Bouillon, barring a disaster, this may be the last we've seen of Cube in a Canadiens uniform. Come this Saturday, it'll be a month since Bouillon last suited up.

Halifaxhab*

If Gorges is out...who will be the team's cheerleader on it's way to the ice? Who will obnoxiously yell Let's go red?

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Price

When are we thinking he is due back?
My fantasy team is dying without him. Already lost 1st place without him...only a couple of points back, but still.

Was the Dubnyk pickup a surprise to anyone?
Worries me about Price's injury.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
When are we thinking he is due back?
My fantasy team is dying without him. Already lost 1st place without him...only a couple of points back, but still.

Was the Dubnyk pickup a surprise to anyone?
Worries me about Price's injury.

Considering Therrien told the media that Price is really close, I wouldn't be too worried.

Also Dubnyk is already in Hamilton... so I think it was just Goalie depth for the dogs since Tokarski is up with the habs and Mayer sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad