Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Alex Galchenyuk
-> 19 years old
-> grand total of 52 regular season games played in his career
-> averaged more or less 12 minutes a game in his rookie season
-> average a little less than 15 minutes a game in his sophomore season

and despite all that, he has been a PPG player for the last 15/20 regular season games or so (incl. last season) and lead our team in points...

while RIGHT NOW Subban is better, having this poll in May could very well give totally different results...

So by the end of the year, Galchenyuk will have a similar value to a 23 y/o Norris winner?

Seriously people... Galchenyuk would have to play at a Toews/Tavares level to even warrant a comparison with Subban at this point.

Reactions: Redux91

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
So by the end of the year, Galchenyuk will have a similar value to a 23 y/o Norris winner?

Seriously people... Galchenyuk would have to play at a Toews/Tavares level to even warrant a comparison with Subban at this point.

like I said, it COULD gives different results...

say what you want, but in short career, Galchenyuk has been a PPG player for almost half of it - playing less than 15 min. a game, with barely any PP time...

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
like I said, it COULD gives different results...

say what you want, but in short career, Galchenyuk has been a PPG player for almost half of it - playing less than 15 min. a game, with barely any PP time...

'xactly. And like you said before, him missing a whole year in the OHL and then only playing a half season. When you look at his career so far in context of all these facts, it's almost unprecedented. He has TONS of room to improve. We haven't seen anything yet.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
No idea. But I hope Galchenyuk. Cuz we know how good Subby can be now. So wouldn't it be better for us if Galchenyuk is even better?

KingGallagherXI

Jul 10, 2009
I think Subban will be a top 5 defenseman for the next, maybe, 7-8 years.

For Galchenyuk to surpass that, he'd need to be a top 5 forward for like 10 years. That's probably not going to happen. I can see him being top 20 or something but top 5 is something else.

The only forwards I would take before Subban are Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Tavares, Ovechkin and maybe Kane.

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
No idea. But I hope Galchenyuk. Cuz we know how good Subby can be now. So wouldn't it be better for us if Galchenyuk is even better?

What if SUbban becomes even better then he already is isn't that even better too?

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
I actually drool about once a game cause of a Galchy play ; but I voted Subban.

When you have a guy his age, who is probably the 2nd best offensive Dman in the league, is fantastic in his end, plays the body fearlessly and ferociously and can skate the puck out of trouble while logging 25+ mins, well you got yourself a MVP candidate.

Galchenyuk will be awesome ! A ppg player for yrs !

But the answer is Subban.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
No DD option? He's yet to peak. :sarcasm:

Picked PK because unique skills / style of play.

JonathanToews19clutc*

9024221.jpg

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
What is this?

They play 2 completely different games...
One is focused on scoring for his team 1st and foremost the other is there to defend.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
What is this?

They play 2 completely different games...
One is focused on scoring for his team 1st and foremost the other is there to defend.

Except Subban is superior at this stage at scoring too.

People saw Galchenyuk go off to a hot start and got a head of themselves. The biggest thing Galchenyuk needs at this point is confidence, he has the ability to seperate himself from defenders with speed as well as stick handling (much like Subban) but he's playing a relatively conservative game in my opinion. It's probably what the coaching staff wants from him as well.

Subban is a legitimate Top 5 d-man in the league, maybe even the best. Galchenyuk isn't even in the same stratosphere as Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, MSL or Ovechkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad