Galchenyuk or Subban? Habs can't have both this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
Looking at the salary cap situation for the Habs, it now stands at $66.5M. With Galchenyuk counting for over $3M on the cap if he stays with the Habs all year, the Habs will not have the cap space to sign Subban to anything over $3M a year.

So who would you rather have all year on the Habs, Galy or Subban?

Montreal4Life*

Looking at the salary cap situation for the Habs, it now stands at $66.5M. With Galchenyuk counting for over $3M on the cap if he stays with the Habs all year, the Habs will not have the cap space to sign Subban to anything over $3M a year.

I`m assuming you did not consider Gomez` buyout right

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada

Obviously people would rather have Subban and while I haven't read through the new CBA, I assume there's still a bonus cushion and the odds of Galchenyuk making all of hos bonuses are really low, unless he's an elite player.

Montreal4Life*

Gomez buy out still counts against the cap.

But how does Galchenyuk count for 3 million?

Ah yeah, that is true. As for Chuckie, he has bonuses however I doubt he will reach them so it should not have an effect (they would count against next year`s cap correct?)

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
See capgeek... Galy has bonus money due to being a high first round pick. His cap hit is $3.25M to account for all possible bonus money.

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site
I don't think that's the case. Capgeek is currently showing them at $64.3 with a 25 man roster (Blunden, Palushaj, Nokelainen and Gallagher are included). We can easily send Gallagher down tomorrow, then Blunden or Nokelainen when he's healthy. We could move Weber out for a pick when PK is re-signed.

Lots of options. We can have both Galchenyuk and Subban on the roster this season.

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
As of today... Habs would be over the cap if they signed Subban to a $4M deal. They would have to make a move such as send Galy back to junior to free up cap space.

68*

Why is it impossible to keep both? Looking at CapGeek, the salary cap is fixed at 70 mil for this season.

Cap space: $5,881,213 (and more if you remove players like Blunden, Gallagher, Weber, Palushaj, Nokelainen)

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Why is it impossible to keep both? Looking at CapGeek, the salary cap is fixed at 70 mil for this season.

Cap space: $5,881,213 (and more if you remove players like Blunden, Gallagher, Weber, Palushaj, Nokelainen)

This. And so, I think I'll just close this thread, because the premise is completely wrong... Habs have no issues keeping both.

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad