Galchenyuk is a tease

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Young skill player MT has out of position with limited icetime some say because he's not ready -- compare with treatment of MacKinnon. FreeGalchenyuk!

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Blame the Genie.

He just need to move his feet and be sharp on the ice, it would help him so much. I think he fears physical contact and he isn't involved enough... that's why we don't hear his name too often this season.

Actually, he just stands there on the ice, skating in circle, waiting to somehow get a free puck on his stick.

realtalk11

Oct 7, 2013
I think the guy has already been mishandled by michel therrien and he's broken.

Bust !

Doesn't use his size.

Always looking like hes scared.

Can't compose with pressure ( 1st in shootouts = 100% miss) + always do the same junior move.

I'm a Pejorative Slured and impatient fan tho but my expectations are gone.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Therrien forgot galchenyuk is a elite talent with a street hockey level coach. Too bad. If only he was as good now as when he transformed players like Staal, Crosby, Malkin into star players, in fact they may have put his name on the stanley cup just for the reality check. Remind the bums who made them.............................

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Young skill player MT has out of position with limited icetime some say because he's not ready -- compare with treatment of MacKinnon. FreeGalchenyuk!

MacKinnon is playing wing as well, while he is actually a natural centreman.

I dunno, even though I think a lot of the blame is on Therrien who I am not sure is the right coach to guide youngsters, MacKinnon came into his draft as a superior prospect to Galchenyuk in his and MacKinnon managed to produce very well this season even with more grinding types (and the ever special Johnny Malkin) on the third line before making his way up. He didn't have to play with Rene Bourque, BUT MacKinnon already seems adept at creating his own offense regularly. Galchenyuk is, as this thread says, a tease, someone who shows flashes of what he can/will do down the line, while MacKinnon already plays like a gamebreaker. Player development is different for different players and skill sets.

But yeah, Roy is definitely a great coach for young players nonetheless, and I hope whoever does take over eventually will be nearly as good, allowing the younger players to show what they got.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
He just need to move his feet and be sharp on the ice, it would help him so much. I think he fears physical contact and he isn't involved enough... that's why we don't hear his name too often this season.

Actually, he just stands there on the ice, skating in circle, waiting to somehow get a free puck on his stick.

Well said. He does need to move hit feet. He often seems lost without the puck.

He was actually more engaged physically last season and played with more confidence last season. Hopefully just the sophomore curse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad