Player Discussion Galchenyuk Appreciation Thread

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
At the beginning of his run, I had my doubts on him. I thought he was skilled but clumsy like a kid that grew up too fast and didn't know what to do with his long arms and legs. I think it turned around for him when they paired him with Gally and Prust. It felt like being with Prust gave him confidence and they were good friends and Prust was hard on him, kept pushing him. I still had my doubts, though.

There was a game a few years ago in Florida where Chucky was sensational(where he played with Bourque, no less) and boom it hit me and I thought man i'm a believer, he CAN become a top player in this league. And then his season of 30 goals, he was finally put at center and he became a top-producing player, he did it. Then the year after they stopped putting him at center, then the injuries, etc...It's evident that they lost him by screwing with his head. He was there, he had become the player that he should be but they dropped the ball on the last year of Therrien. They could not fully trust him.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I
And he's a high-end player because? Domi has roughly the same ppg as Chucky in the NHL

One is a high-end player and the other is 9 goal scorer scrub?

You clearly have no clue man.

Inform yourself...

I'm not talking about ppg, but in reference to goals he outscored the guy who thinks Montreal sucks by approx. 2-1 past 3 seasons. When we desperately need goals the Moron gets another grinder.

Reactions: Peanut

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I

I'm not talking about ppg, but in reference to goals he outscored the guy who thinks Montreal sucks by approx. 2-1 past 3 seasons. When we desperately need goals the Moron gets another grinder.

Domi is not a grinder though... That's the problem in the perception.

Domi is a highly skilled speedy playmaker...

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
At the beginning of his run, I had my doubts on him. I thought he was skilled but clumsy like a kid that grew up too fast and didn't know what to do with his long arms and legs. I think it turned around for him when they paired him with Gally and Prust. It felt like being with Prust gave him confidence and they were good friends and Prust was hard on him, kept pushing him. I still had my doubts, though.

There was a game a few years ago in Florida where Chucky was sensational(where he played with Bourque, no less) and boom it hit me and I thought man i'm a believer, he CAN become a top player in this league. And then his season of 30 goals, he was finally put at center and he became a top-producing player, he did it. Then the year after they stopped putting him at center, then the injuries, etc...It's evident that they lost him by screwing with his head. He was there, he had become the player that he should be but they dropped the ball on the last year of Therrien. They could not fully trust him.

I remember there was a moment when Prust grabbed Chucky on the ice and said,"This is your team! Go get it!" or "Go score!" something like that. Prust had the right idea. Galchenyuk is the type of player who's performance is directly proportional to his confidence.

Reactions: 26Mats and Kimota

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
You didn't though...You're not even trying. Domi is already a scrub in your opinion and that's what's wrong with this board...

No, I actually like Domi and what he has to offer, but MB screwed up again in dealing a higher-end talent for a lesser-end talent. A 1-1 trade was not enough in my estimation but I guess we'll see what happens next season.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I remember there was a moment when Prust grabbed Chucky on the ice and said,"This is your team! Go get it!" or "Go score!" something like that. Prust had the right idea. Galchenyuk is the type of player who's performance is directly proportional to his confidence.

Really this is what a real good leader like Prust did. People have no idea.

I saw them on TV when there were on the ice training and Prust said to him "you are better than everyone here". And at the same time he loved to be hard on him to make him better during training, kept checking him, etc...

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
That was Chiarelli and Neely... A couple of bonafide boneheads.

Julien by the way spent a tonne of time and energy turning the very problematic character of Brad Marchand into the elite impact player he is today so don't give us this crap theory of yours that Julien hates bad character.
sll the good things thanks to Julien, all the bad ones you have an excuse... You probably have one for Byron at center even :help:

speaking of crap, you know...

Reactions: Peanut

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
There's a big difference between Chucky and Malkin!

The problem with Chucky was that he was outplayed by the opposition even when he was putting up points but the majority of this board will ignore it... Just being ignorant doesn't make you smart...

Or Chucky an amazing player...
pot-and-kettke.jpg

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Wish things worked out differently, you’ll never convince me that Bergevin/Therrien/Julien didnt play a huge part in wrecking what could have been a great center for us, I cant wait to see Chucky succeed at that position in Arizona, just another in the long line of personnel blunders on Bergevins resume.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Rick Tocchet strikes me as having a similar demeanor and personality as Prust. I think he'll realize Chucky needs the coach to believe in him and have his back. That should have happened here though...

Reactions: Forum93

Merci Saku

Sep 9, 2006
Longueuil, Québec
No, I actually like Domi and what he has to offer, but MB screwed up again in dealing a higher-end talent for a lesser-end talent. A 1-1 trade was not enough in my estimation but I guess we'll see what happens next season.

And you know this how? Galchenyuk was not going to work here and that’s the best offer they got, they are not idiots . C’mon stop it, i hate when fans thinks they are better when they clearly don’t know everything that’s going on behind the scenes

Domi is a better fit and you will all love him after a couple of games

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
And you know this how? Galchenyuk was not going to work here and that’s the best offer they got, they are not idiots . C’mon stop it, i hate when fans thinks they are better when they clearly don’t know everything that’s going on behind the scenes
I hate it when fans defend mgmt for the sake of it.

I'm sorry but we've seen enough from these bozos to know that they aren't good at their jobs. Galchenyuk's usage has been absolutely inexplicable. I don't need to know anything about what's going on behind the scenes to know that it was mindblowingly stupid to use him the way we have.

There are NO excuses here.

As for Domi, I hope he pans out and plays great hockey for us. But regardless of what happens with him, the way we treated Galchenyuk is simply unacceptable. I hope he goes out and does what Subban/Sergachev and Eller have done and proves to everyone that our GM had no idea what he was doing over the past five years.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
But regardless of what happens with him, the way we treated Galchenyuk is simply unacceptable. I hope he goes out and does what Subban/Sergachev and Eller have done and proves to everyone that our GM had no idea what he was doing over the past five years.

i feel the same, and i am confident that he will.....

chucky will be put at center where he belongs, and he will show this organization they were wrong about him,

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015

Domi is a better fit and you will all love him after a couple of games

It's called an opinion MS. Besides how do you know that was the best offer they could have gotten if someone other than the Moron -in-Chief was doing the dealing. In my opinion Molson and MB are both idiots, I guess your opinion states otherwise.

Reactions: groovejuice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->