Gagarin Cup Playoffs 2019

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
LOL, KHL making it too obvious that they want CSKA to win. Avangard have been robbed of a perfectly clean goal. I have no words. This is ridiculous. Refs are supposed to make mistakes, it always happens but calling off that one AFTER review... Wow. Yet some of our friends still wonder why European clubs don't want to be a part of that circus. Hell, not even Russians are allowed to win here, the glory is reserved for "some" Russians. Why would anyone come in here to spend tons of money to witness this stupid shit?

Section Netherlands

Feb 8, 2019
LOL, KHL making it too obvious that they want CSKA to win. Avangard have been robbed of a perfectly clean goal. I have no words. This is ridiculous. Refs are supposed to make mistakes, it always happens but calling off that one AFTER review... Wow. Yet some of our friends still wonder why European clubs don't want to be a part of that circus. Hell, not even Russians are allowed to win here, the glory is reserved for "some" Russians. Why would anyone come in here to spend tons of money to witness this stupid ****?
Do you have a clip of this? What happened?

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Do you have a clip of this? What happened?

Unfortunately, I can't find any clips but it went pretty much like that: one player of Avangard shot hard from the distance. Another one between the goal and the shooter jumped up. Apparently, he changed the direction of the puck with his skate while jumping.

I honestly don't understand how it can be called off. Based on what rule? What did they even think? It was a goal the likes of which we see literally in every hockey game - someone shots from the distance, puck deflects off of someone and goes in.

Reactions: Witte49

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Almost all the goals that went in from the skates haven't been counted. I agree it's stupid but it is consistent. SKA had at least two of those in the PO. Sadly my memory is giving up on me but so can't remember who it was but SKA player was driving the net while being pushed by the defenseman with his glove in the face, he couldn't really even see the puck not to mention alter the skate angle (he was struggling to keep balance while being pushed anyway) but it was called a non-goal anyway.

Salavat was on the receiving end of that rule as well.. It's tremendously stupid but it is consistent. In Soviet Russia, puck kicks your skate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pouchkine

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Unfortunately, I can't find any clips but it went pretty much like that: one player of Avangard shot hard from the distance. Another one between the goal and the shooter jumped up. Apparently, he changed the direction of the puck with his skate while jumping.

I honestly don't understand how it can be called off. Based on what rule? What did they even think? It was a goal the likes of which we see literally in every hockey game - someone shots from the distance, puck deflects off of someone and goes in.
The explanation, here.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
The explanation, here.

«шайба направлена в ворота любой частью тела атакующего хоккеиста»

Well, if this is against the rules, then the decision is totally correct. However, I can't fathom why and how a professional hockey league could have such a weird rule in place. I'm by no means a hockey expert yet I've been watching this sport regularly for around 10 years. I have seen hundreds of pucks changing directions on the way by hitting an attacking player and then going in. I've always thought it is a good goal unless there is a distinct kicking motion. Weird. By this logic, we should call off pretty much every single "chaotic" goal with players in front of the net. It almost always hits someone. I really don't understand.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
LOL, KHL making it too obvious that they want CSKA to win. Avangard have been robbed of a perfectly clean goal. I have no words. This is ridiculous. Refs are supposed to make mistakes, it always happens but calling off that one AFTER review... Wow. Yet some of our friends still wonder why European clubs don't want to be a part of that circus. Hell, not even Russians are allowed to win here, the glory is reserved for "some" Russians. Why would anyone come in here to spend tons of money to witness this stupid ****?
There's a lot of wrong calls in NHL as well even after video reviews, stop with the nonsense please. And in Russia they have a history of calling off a lot of goals that came of skates, even if sometimes you could argue the guy had no idea...

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
There's a lot of wrong calls in NHL as well even after video reviews, stop with the nonsense please.

So we should be proud of our own stupid calls just because NHL also has them? Moreover, KHL is not comparable to NHL. This is what is nonsense. People line up to pay over 500 million USD to have a team in that league while KHL pretty much needs to beg or at least secure financial guarantees to tie up some new teams to join in. NHL honestly doesn't need to prove itself to anyone, while KHL definitely does, if it wants to grow up and make the dreams of expansion come true.

A league where CSKA & SKA bash all the others with so many calls going their way is definitely a bad sign, which requires more explanation than "BUT NHL ALSO HAS IT!" because it is totally irrelevant and it doesn't solve the problem at all.

If KHL was founded as a punching bag for a couple of big teams from western Russia, then I have no complaints. It's cool. Yet if they want to be a decent and fair league, then things like that shouldn't be happening at this level. This sets a very, very bad example for the league and any investor wishing to join in.

Reactions: Witte49

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
But the correct call was made and just like someone told you earlier SKA also had calls against them.

Every league worldwide have fans complaining about the big teams having referees helping them. Some of it is true some is overblown.

It's like that in soccer hockey football basketball even sports like tennis.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Someone please tell Avangard it takes THREE PERIODS and not two to finish a game. Anyways, I'm not angry. I wasn't expecting much success against a powerful team as CSKA, which totally deserves the cup. At this point, I just wish to go out in a respectable way. Win the next one, at least. Or else we'll be the first ever team to get swept in Gagarin Cup Finals. Yikes. On the other hand, with CSKA possibly with their own cup now, Avangard are the only "top gun" left without a Gagarin Cup as far as I can tell. After some years of disappointment and gaining experience, I hope we'll also be able to strike during the finals, hopefully not in Balashikha but in Omsk.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Someone please tell Avangard it takes THREE PERIODS and not two to finish a game. Anyways, I'm not angry. I wasn't expecting much success against a powerful team as CSKA, which totally deserves the cup. At this point, I just wish to go out in a respectable way. Win the next one, at least. Or else we'll be the first ever team to get swept in Gagarin Cup Finals. Yikes. On the other hand, with CSKA possibly with their own cup now, Avangard are the only "top gun" left without a Gagarin Cup as far as I can tell. After some years of disappointment and gaining experience, I hope we'll also be able to strike during the finals, hopefully not in Balashikha but in Omsk.
I think Magnitka and AkBars will revamp a bit, this was their off year.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Congratulations CSKA. First title since 1989?

Yes. They have been in pursuit for so long in recent years. I hated CSKA of the old barn. So much money, almost no fans... With the new arena, though, everything has changed. Fully deserved title, good for them. I am now really looking forward to the implementation of hard salary cap in two years. Playoffs will probably be much more interesting when there are at least 10 teams with the same budget. Maybe it's because it was a clean sweep, this felt much less devastating than the loss to Dynamo Moscow back in 2012 for me.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad