Gagarin Cup Playoffs 2019

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
That was a bloodbath in Balashikha. Both Orekhov and Shumakov had to be taken out on stretcher. I really hope Shumakov's injury has nothing to do with his neck. It certainly didn't look good at all. This might be the season for him.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah it's a real shame contenders are losing key players. Kaprizov, Slepyshev, Shumakov.. Those are big names lost by the teams I would like to see succeed more than some others. *cough* SKA *cough*

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Wooooooooow, 3 consecutive powerplays in overtime to SKA.

Unfortunetely all 3 were totally there, I can't even complain.

Anyway, I'm pretty devastated by the loss, I mean, I like that Kvartalnov trusts young players, but on the same time losing to SKA second year in a row is just something too much for me.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
If I'm not mistaken, KHL is supposed to have a hard salary cap starting from 2019/20. No idea how it would change the current scene but I'd really love to see a western final not involving a series between CSKA-SKA... Not because I have something against them. It just got too predictable. Time for Spartak-Sochi WCF.

EDIT: I found among my old notes that they're still on soft cap for the next season. 800 million rubles and %30 luxury tax. In 2020/21 and 2021/22, hard cap comes in. Though I have no idea how it all works. I mean, it is not difficult to circumvent those "hard cap" rules with envelopes and stuff.

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
If I'm not mistaken, KHL is supposed to have a hard salary cap starting from 2019/20. No idea how it would change the current scene but I'd really love to see a western final not involving a series between CSKA-SKA... Not because I have something against them. It just got too predictable. Time for Spartak-Sochi WCF.

EDIT: I found among my old notes that they're still on soft cap for the next season. 800 million rubles and %30 luxury tax. In 2020/21 and 2021/22, hard cap comes in. Though I have no idea how it all works. I mean, it is not difficult to circumvent those "hard cap" rules with envelopes and stuff.
I understand that this envelop stuff is your opinion. And I am fain with it. I just do not agree.

Do not worry. The KHL has a mechanism on how to control it. The KHL will co-operate with the tax office and other government agencies. So, if there is any illegal activity, a club or a player will have a serious problem with SK, FSB and other agencies. Nobody will risk that.

We should not confuse current Russia with Russian in 1990

Nosswor

Jun 24, 2016
Unfortunetely all 3 were totally there, I can't even complain.

Anyway, I'm pretty devastated by the loss, I mean, I like that Kvartalnov trusts young players, but on the same time losing to SKA second year in a row is just something too much for me.
I think you could make an argument that the first call was soft, but yeah, a too many men penalty is unforgivable. I thought the high stick was ridiculously well sold by Gusev, but by the law it still hit him.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I wish Avto hadn't conceded two or at least scored one, this game is wonderful. Rooting for them. Vaisfeld not liking the figure skating performance during the break because it ruins the ice... :laugh:

Nosswor

Jun 24, 2016
I wish Avto hadn't conceded two or at least scored one, this game is wonderful. Rooting for them. Vaisfeld not liking the figure skating performance during the break because it ruins the ice... :laugh:
I really enjoy the honesty of his commentary hahaha

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I wanna hug Avto and say, "Be proud of yourself. Don't give up. This is just the beginning!"

I really wanted to see them go further, at least enough to meet Avangard in the ECF but anyways, this is a serious improvement regardless. Nothing to take away from Salavat as well, they fully deserved their place in the conference finals. I am now anxious again. Those guys have our number. Out of all other seven teams, I feared Salavat and Ak Bars the worst.

Got a CSKA-Avangard feeling but let's see.

I really enjoy the honesty of his commentary hahaha

I'm not sure if he regularly commentates for KHL TV (because I don't remember hearing him previously, though I rarely watch teams other than Avangard) but I totally enjoyed it today. It almost feels like the main guy dislikes him but Vaisfeld just doesn't care and keeps talking about whatever he wants.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I think you could make an argument that the first call was soft, but yeah, a too many men penalty is unforgivable. I thought the high stick was ridiculously well sold by Gusev, but by the law it still hit him.

First call seemed soft in the dynamics of the game, but the replay showed that it was totally there. Too many men penalty was just :facepalm:. Yeah, Gusev was selling the third, but the high-stick was there, so noone else to blame.

I was cheering for 3 teams this playoffs: Loko, Dynamo and Avto and they're all out in less than 24 hours... ouch.

Reactions: Atas2000

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
So it happened. I am officially on a western team's bandwagon for the first time. With Avto out I want CSKA and Kaprizov to first beat SKA and then win it. After all they've had the most solid and convincing season of all teams thus far.

Reactions: cska78

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Mikheev is back with a bang and so is his moustache, which distracted Salavat to the extent that they lost all the momentum they've had. So many undisciplined penalties and a shaky display in general. The final moments were really good. The rest of the series will be wonderful but I surely hope we will advance without complicating it any further. LOL'd hard at poor Pivtsakin who was just peacefully watching the fight and then ended up being brought in. Already looking forward to meeting Salavat in the playoff next year.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Bobkov is the best goalie in the world. Metsola is from another planet. One of the most iconic games of KHL playoffs ever. This is unreal.

Reactions: TommySalo

Fan4ever

Sep 1, 2008
Wow, what a game!!! "iconic ", I'd have to agree! Been years since I 've seen a better hockey game than this one. Saddest part was that one of the goalies had to lose!! But I do think the better team won, actually I thought they got robbed in the last game decision of NO GOAL!!!

GO AVANGARD !!

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Crazy stat of the day, Metsola made 654 saves in these PO. 2nd closest - Bobkov - 345.

SYu fans must feel weird to have an actually good goalie in their crease after all those years.

Reactions: Exarz

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Crazy stat of the day, Metsola made 654 saves in these PO. 2nd closest - Bobkov - 345.

SYu fans must feel weird to have an actually good goalie in their crease after all those years.

You do know they had Vasilevskiy, right?

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Well, Avangard have started the series like a 16 year-old with social phobia who is asked to give a presentation in front of a whole class and his crush. Under normal circumstances, being down two goals after the first period is not a huge deal, especially when it is in the first game of a BO7 series. Yet against CSKA's defense, it will be really difficult to come back from that. Though there were definitely good sparks in the second half of the first for Avangard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->