Gagarin Cup Playoffs 2018

Winner?!

• Total voters

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
I love the Putin refs comment, made me lough out loud.

in all seriousness though jokerit often plays a provocative style; therefore, penalties

To be honest, the refs have been very good in the playoffs so far (in Jokerit games) apart from few weird calls from yesterdays CSKA-game.

First of all, the nasty cross-check to Huhtalas neck should have been a major penalty, no questions asked. No matter if he and some cska player collided just before that. Major penalty and one game ban to be precise... That's a really dangerous play and shows no respect for the game or the players.

The other hit to Huhtalas head during the 5min penalty should have been a major also. Or 2+10.

J.Jensens hit to Shumakov was to the head indeed. Shumakov turned just before the hit and kept his head down and Jensen didn't have time to react to that. So Shumakov can only blame himself for the hit. Keep your head up f***er, this is hockey.

According to the refs, boath hits to Huhtalas head where just worth minor penalties. With the same rules Jensens hit should have been a minor also. Maybe 2+10. The refs didn't see the hit properly and neither raised their arms to signal the penalty. In the case on major penalties the linesmen can interfere and tell the refs what they saw. So that's what happened here. And the refs have two options: no penalty or a major penalty...

Then the other one... Kivistö got 5min for slashing?! His stick was indeed in the groin area, but look who put it there!?! Diver-p***y Platt was holding his stick down there. Kivistö had only one hand on his stick at the time and his hand was fully extended... No way there was any slashing, just Platt trying to get a penalty... And the refs bought that all the way...

Reactions: Exarz

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
The puck was deemed to be out of play on the zone entry after the review because it hit the glass where the bench area begins. The puck stayed in play, everyone played it and there was no commotion on the ice, the goal was scored. Just to be called off.

That's not reviewable at all in the NHL and in general, dodgiest call ever.

That's a perplexing call and the IIHF rulebook does not allow such a review either. I'm pretty sure the same applies to KHL as well.

Reactions: powerplaymaker

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
Last edited:
Reactions: Exarz

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
That's a perplexing call and the IIHF rulebook does not allow such a review either. I'm pretty sure the same applies to KHL as well.

But everything is possible in the KHL. SKA just needs to win. That is disgusting.

Edit: Here is the IIHF rulebook: http://www.iihf.com/fileadmin/user_upload/PDF/Sport/IIHF_Official_Rule_Book_2014-18_Web_V6.pdf (PDF)

Check the rule 99 and come to tell me that there is no SKA favoritism...

https://www.khl.ru/documents/rules/RIHF-KHL_officiating_manual_2017-2018.pdf

KHL rule 480 allows video review in this kind of case:

3.Главный судья имеет право обратиться за консультацией к специалисту КХЛ по видеопросмотрам в следующих ситуациях в соответствии с Правилами:
Правило 480 — Шайба за пределами игровой площадки. Шайба покидает пределы игровой площадки непосредственно перед взятием ворот. «Непосредственно перед взятием ворот» означает, что взятие ворот производится командой, подобравшей шайбу после того, как она покинула пределы игровой площадки. При этом другая команда не осуществляет контроль над шайбой до момента взятия ворот.

Reactions: TommySalo and CPFC

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I mean it makes sense such rule is in the book because goals like that one I linked off Quick's back are ridiculous. But at the same time since, in this case, it had little to no impact on the actual play would that had been reviewed if that goal was scored against any team other than SKA?

You read about NHL refs unwilling to change the calls even after the review, calls not being made because video was inconclusive, etc. The refs actually initiated the review, found it conclusive and called of a goal scored 15s later because of it.. Usually I'm skeptical about those tinfoil hat people but this is just dodgy as hell.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Players looking pretty tired in Helsinki. Dumbest idea ever to have back to back games in the playoffs. Jokerit have only 4 proper defence-men playing and 2 forwards playing as D.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
https://www.khl.ru/documents/rules/RIHF-KHL_officiating_manual_2017-2018.pdf

KHL rule 480 allows video review in this kind of case:

3.Главный судья имеет право обратиться за консультацией к специалисту КХЛ по видеопросмотрам в следующих ситуациях в соответствии с Правилами:
Правило 480 — Шайба за пределами игровой площадки. Шайба покидает пределы игровой площадки непосредственно перед взятием ворот. «Непосредственно перед взятием ворот» означает, что взятие ворот производится командой, подобравшей шайбу после того, как она покинула пределы игровой площадки. При этом другая команда не осуществляет контроль над шайбой до момента взятия ворот.

Damn, you're telling us that it's not a conspiracy?

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
Yet another farce in the playoffs. Roman Rotenberg and Andrei Totshitsi (?) went to SKA players bench after a fight in the game, which is strictly against the rules.

KHL employee (Whose boss Mr. RRotenbeg is, sic.) said that no rules where broken since they never went to the bench.

Photo in allhockey.ru article proves otherwise... (link to the article).

This is yet another proof of SKA favoritism in the KHL. They dont play by the rules. Something must be done. But nothing can be done since Rotenberg and SKA are under protections of Putin.

KHL would be the worlds second best hockey league, but they are making themselves the worlds biggest joke.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Yet another farce in the playoffs. Roman Rotenberg and Andrei Tot****si (?) went to SKA players bench after a fight in the game, which is strictly against the rules.

KHL employee (Whose boss Mr. RRotenbeg is, sic.) said that no rules where broken since they never went to the bench.

This is yet another proof of SKA favoritism in the KHL. They dont play by the rules. Something must be done. But nothing can be done since Rotenberg and SKA are under protections of Putin.

KHL would be the worlds second best hockey league, but they are making themselves the worlds biggest joke.
This is getting ridiculous :laugh:

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
I think after Loko got sunk and Jokerit, the season is practically to be decided between the army teams (which was generally inevitable in hindsight).

I can't see the Eastern teams overcoming either.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Yet another farce in the playoffs. Roman Rotenberg and Andrei Tot****si (?) went to SKA players bench after a fight in the game, which is strictly against the rules.

Stop watching then.

IAM

Sep 3, 2014
After they saw the pictures they had to admit they were bullshitting. The penalty should have been fine but they said "tut-tut". And it's even funnier because this was against KHL own rules. This is just a reminder why everybody outside Russia laugh at this bs-league.

Reactions: Jussi

IAM

Sep 3, 2014
Can someone translate offside by KHL rulebook.

waHYnNq.gif

waHYnNq.gifv

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Can someone translate offside by KHL rulebook.

waHYnNq.gif

waHYnNq.gifv

I can quote wikipedia, hope it is ok: "A player is judged to be offside if both of their skates completely cross the blue line dividing their offensive zone from the neutral zone before the puck makes contact with the same line." And that is pretty good illustrated by your gif.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I can quote wikipedia, hope it is ok: "A player is judged to be offside if both of their skates completely cross the blue line dividing their offensive zone from the neutral zone before the puck makes contact with the same line." And that is pretty good illustrated by your gif.
I will just add the KHL rulebook, rule 450 (p.68 including a picture of a situation & description of various situations)

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I will just add the KHL rulebook, rule 450 (p.68 including a picture of a situation & description of various situations)

I just wasn't sure if any rulebook stuff was neccessary, as in this situation gif player carrying the puck has clearly both of his skates crossed the blue line at the moment when the puck touches it.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I just wasn't sure if any rulebook stuff was neccessary, as in this situation gif player carrying the puck has clearly both of his skates crossed the blue line at the moment when the puck touches it.
Yes, I know. It is clear situation. Just to be complete, I added the KHL rulebook. The problem is that fans do not read it, or any KHL rules (f.e. salary cap rules), and then are suprised. Even announcers make sometimes mistakes, because they do not know rules.

IAM

Sep 3, 2014
Yes, I know. It is clear situation. Just to be complete, I added the KHL rulebook. The problem is that fans do not read it, or any KHL rules (f.e. salary cap rules), and then are suprised. Even announcers make sometimes mistakes, because they do not know rules.
I asked for translation. In Russia they don't see worth it to translate rulebook for foreigners so you argument its funny :)

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Extremely dissapointed by Lokomotiv losing the series, it's awful, we should've beat SKA, but you could feel that so many young players are just lacking experience a bit. :(

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017
So does anybody in CSKA Ice Palace have beach toys with them? Because in Finland we are use to see some beach toys on the ice, when a playoff series ends. Usually the fans of the winning team throws them to the ice to remind the losing teams players that their season is over (as if they need any extra reminder of it) and they can now go to the beach.

Here IFK fans does it to Jokerit players in 2011

And exactly one year later Jokerit fans had the opportunity to pay back.

This ofcourse just in the case that this series would end tonight

Last edited:

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Extremely dissapointed by Lokomotiv losing the series, it's awful, we should've beat SKA, but you could feel that so many young players are just lacking experience a bit. :(

how? explain pls

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad