Gagarin Cup Playoffs 2018

Winner?!

• Total voters

alce

Sep 29, 2017
I think it's a good question. Liiga doesn't have break while Karjala Cup for example.
Interesting. I remember Jussi was quite bitter some time ago when KHL had no break for Karjala Cup, but had it for Channel One Cup. If Liiga doesn't bother to make break for Karjala Cup then his reaction is a little strange.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I don't really think so, I think that contracts in all IIHF leagues must end by/on April 30, thus extending series after that date is plain impossible.
That would make sense, I do not know details. Still, it does not make sense to play the KHL during WHC. If NTs took many players from Gagarin Cup finalist, it would be ridiculous to play Gagarin Cup play-off at the time. As you said.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
All in all, great series between SU and Avangard with stronger team going through. Kudos to Avangard for managing to get their sh*t together and put up a good fight at the end of the season. That Panin penalty though..

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Expected Jokerit to look better today. but there are more games to play. Decided against traveling to Helsinki, too short of a notice with the dates.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Interesting. I remember Jussi was quite bitter some time ago when KHL had no break for Karjala Cup, but had it for Channel One Cup. If Liiga doesn't bother to make break for Karjala Cup then his reaction is a little strange.

Though Liiga's thinking in that is that most players would be picked from KHL or SHL for the Karjala Cup anyway, that's never been 100% true. I've never supported it, because they're just hiding the fact they can't make a 60 game regular season schedule fit properly and the clubs are too greedy to do the smart thing, like in Sweden, and reduce the season to somewhere between 50-55ish games. Several Finnish medias said the same thing during or after the CHL finals.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
according to suomikiekko. com, gambling site nordicbet gives customers the possibility to bet on how many goals will be disallowed (after video review) made by Jokerit against CSKA.
Dirty tricks won't make Jokerit win the series. My impression from Jokerit in the KHL so far that there is a lot of whining, accusations and conspiracy theories every time they lose be it from fans, coaches, press...

While the league helped Jokerit many times along the way to make a finnish team in the league work.

Northur

Mar 17, 2018
Dirty tricks won't make Jokerit win the series. My impression from Jokerit in the KHL so far that there is a lot of whining, accusations and conspiracy theories every time they lose be it from fans, coaches, press...

While the league helped Jokerit many times along the way to make a finnish team in the league work.

Wells there is a reason why People whine so much about the referees. During jokerit's tenue In the KHL there's been so much of afwul desicions made against them starting from the first season. But dont get me wrong I love that my team plays In the league. But I also hope that someday we could be financed fully from Finland rather than by the same People who are behind ska.

And that nordicbet thing is just bad taste.

Reactions: Exarz

aonb

Oct 26, 2013

rarely agree with your statements, but this time I agree completely

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Few things to note:

1. SKA is tied in the series against Loko. Maybe, just maybe, there will actually be some intrigue if by some miracle Loko wins today as well.
2. CSKA is outplaying Jokerit fair and square and in general, looks surprisingly good.
3. CSKA conceded 1 goal in 6 playoff games. That is absolutely bonkers.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Legitimately or one of those borderline situations that can go either way?
The puck was deemed to be out of play on the zone entry after the review because it hit the glass where the bench area begins. The puck stayed in play, everyone played it and there was no commotion on the ice, the goal was scored. Just to be called off.

That's not reviewable at all in the NHL and in general, dodgiest call ever.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Yeah, two checks to the head and one gets 2 minutes and the other one 5 minutes. Quite questionable reffing, both should have been 5 min majors.

Reactions: Exarz

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
The puck was deemed to be out of play on the zone entry after the review because it hit the glass where the bench area begins. The puck stayed in play, everyone played it and there was no commotion on the ice, the goal was scored. Just to be called off.

That's not reviewable at all in the NHL and in general, dodgiest call ever.

Fishy indeed.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Apart from that one check to the head by CSKA which was only a minor penalty, the refs were quite good. Also, Jokerit had two powerplays during the OT. Hard to believe "Putin refs" would allow that.

Last edited:
Reactions: TommySalo

IAM

Sep 3, 2014
Apart from that one check to the head by CSKA which was only a minor penalty, the refs were quite good. Also, Jokerit had two powerplays during the OT. Hard to believe "Putin refs" would allow that.
How about that nasty crosscheck to Huhtala's neck?

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
How about that nasty crosscheck to Huhtala's neck?

CSKA got a penalty from that? Maybe could have been a major. On the other hand, Huhtala should have been given a penalty prior that for interfering (which was acknowlegded by the Finnish commentators).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad