Gagarin Cup Play-Off 2017

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
I would feel very sorry for Loko as I am definitely more symphatetic with them than with SKA (also prefer Ak Bars over Magnitka), but I just want to see the SKA v. Magnitka final. There is nothing better the KHL can offer at the moment.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I would feel very sorry for Loko as I am definitely more symphatetic with them than with SKA (also prefer Ak Bars over Magnitka), but I just want to see the SKA v. Magnitka final. There is nothing better the KHL can offer at the moment.

Exactly my feelings. I want to see either Loko vs Ak Bars or SKA vs Magnitka. And when is the Gagarin Cup final supposed to begin exactly? Game 7 in East would have to be played on April 5 according to current "one day rest" format. So I assume it will be April 8-9 but would be glad to know if there is an exact date set for it in advance. I'll try having a week off from Russian classes in order not to miss any game - internet connection is quite weak at the dorm I'm staying, so will visit mom's place for stable KHL experience without interruption. :laugh:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Exactly my feelings. I want to see either Loko vs Ak Bars or SKA vs Magnitka. And when is the Gagarin Cup final supposed to begin exactly? Game 7 in East would have to be played on April 5 according to current "one day rest" format. So I assume it will be April 8-9 but would be glad to know if there is an exact date set for it in advance. I'll try having a week off from Russian classes in order not to miss any game - internet connection is quite weak at the dorm I'm staying, so will visit mom's place for stable KHL experience without interruption. :laugh:

Games to be played on following days:
April 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 and 20, 2017

http://en.khl.ru/documents/KHL_calendar_2016-2017_playoff_en.pdf

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I agree, if there's one series that just needs to happen, it's the clash of the monsters. SKA can disassemble next week, but if there's not a dream series, nothing is.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Those 2 teams have been on finals collision course from the beginning.

The only real surprise was Loko knocking CSKA out.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Loko seems to have little interest in winning this series. 2 of the three games they have had the lead late in the game and both times they've gone into a defensive shell and allowed SKA free reign in their end of the ice. The prevent defence has never, ever worked, so why they insist on playing it, instead of a full pressure attacking style is beyond me. Well see you next year Loko.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Loko must have thought they lucked out when Koskinen left the game due to an injury.

Little did they know that Shestyorkin is actually SKA's better goaltender...

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Wow what a finish to the Metallurg game today. Mozyakin-Zaripov line plays like old sviets, and of course they have skill to complement the style. Young guys need to watch and be trained like them.

Kazan has no excuses, they were winning with 4 minutes left, lose in regulation - ouch.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I'm wondering if the schedule will be changed - under normal circumstances, the final series are supposed to start on 8 April, haha. I think it will have to be changed. Having more than a week to rest in play-off sounds quite absurd, especially before the grand finals.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
You were right about what exactly? I said SKA and MMG would destroy their opponent in the semis and they did. My understanding of the game is just fine :naughty:

So if Mozykin or Zaripov would get injured and AkBars would have walked over MMG(and they would have) how would your understanding be then?

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
So if Mozykin or Zaripov would get injured and AkBars would have walked over MMG(and they would have) how would your understanding be then?

lol what? what's the point in making stupid suppositions like "what if mozya or zaripov got injured"? The result is 4:0, you understand? 4:0. I don't give a single *** how these games were close. If you can't hold the lead twice and you let in 2 goals in 2 minutes at the end of 3rd, you don't deserve anything. Following your moronic reasoning, if Azevedo or Sekac would get injured, Kazan wouldn't keep pace with Magnitka in any of this 4 games. But yes, you were right lol

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
My vote for Magnitka still has a chance. Not that it's much out on a limb, but only 5 picked them compared to 22 for SKA.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Lee really blew that game for MMG. 1st the terrible penalty on prokhorkin, then acts as a pylon against Dadonov. 1 thing is for sure, if your going to put SKA on the PP, your on a suicide mission. Should have let them go on the 2-1 with pressure from the back (lee, who is much faster than prohkorkin anyways could have caught up).

At least MMG has the offense to go up against SKA, just need to play smarter than they did today.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Yeah, Lee played those 2 moments like garbage. Magnitka didn't look like they were giving up any firepower though.

Vintage Kovalchuk showing for that game by the way. A checking to the head major and the world's greatest pass to Mozyakin for the 2nd MMG goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad