Player Discussion Gaetan Haas: It's Gaetting Haas In Biel (Signs 5 year deal with Biel)

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It's just too damn Haas

source.gif

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Been better each game. Actually looking like a bonafide bottom 6 player that might be able to do spot duties in the middle 6 if he keeps it up. Big fan of his (liked him since his time on the Swiss National team) and hope he continues to Gaet better as he acclimatizes to the NHL intensity and pace.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I’ve really liked his game since coming back from the stint in Bakersfield, so it’s really nice to see him getting rewarded for the solid play. You can see his confidence growing every game as he’s trying to make more skillful plays with the puck. Would definitely be huge if he can put up 25-30 points, and I don’t think that’s out of the question either.

Reactions: Oilhawks

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
with his improvement ... and he seems confident when talking to Swiss journalists about his adjustment and learning curve ... i could imagine him on the second line at the end of the season.

beeing a 50 pts/season player.

Haas means rabit in German ... so he haas natural wheels. he is gaeting there

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I didn't think he would contribute in the NHL when we first picked up him but he Haas proven me wrong. Gaetan up to speed with North American ice was what he needed.

I called out in a thread that his growth, aclimatizing to NA style is the single most important thing to this team. He was picked to be the 3C. Now when he has heated up, the fun can begin.
THe three offensive lines are important to produce, and with Nygård and Haas, a 3rd line takes its shape. ANd as a 4th, just throw in everything + Khaira (cause he has his place cemented in the team) that cant score, but is still a reaible player. After that there are 2 more spots on the team to fill out to be a playoff team. The 2LW and 3RW.

Reactions: Oilhawks

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Man the puns just writes themselves with this guy. Should be an NHLer on that alone.

Jokes aside he’s improving game by game. Great positioning all over the ice which is impressive with such a short spell on small ice. A bit weak in battles but is starting to get by on quick feet and smarts. Seems to have at least enough skill to set up guys somewhat consistently and get shots off in dangerous positions. Backchecks like a champ. Nice find. The question is how he handles the grind and if he can keep getting chances when the D starts getting tighter. And at the other end of the spectrum if he can keep improving as he gets more comfortable with the NHL game, with some luck there’s still plenty of upside.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Man the puns just writes themselves with this guy. Should be an NHLer on that alone.

Jokes aside he’s improving game by game. Great positioning all over the ice which is impressive with such a short spell on small ice. A bit weak in battles but is starting to get by on quick feet and smarts. Seems to have at least enough skill to set up guys somewhat consistently and get shots off in dangerous positions. Backchecks like a champ. Nice find. The question is how he handles the grind and if he can keep getting chances when the D starts getting tighter. And at the other end of the spectrum if he can keep improving as he gets more comfortable with the NHL game, with some luck there’s still plenty of upside.

I'm just happy he is slowly Gaeten more ice time. Hopefully he can bloom into a reliable 3C in this league; Its something that Haas to happen for this club to reach another level.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
He haas the best name so far. Im glad that a national top 6 team center dont get wasted by Oilers.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I liked him from the beginning of camp. Happy to see him getting more playtime. Hes a good skater and doesnt seem to make many mistakes. And he has 2 goals in the bottom 6, which is unheard of. I think he would be pretty good on the PK too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->