Confirmed with Link: Gabriel Vilardi signs 3-year ELC

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Clayton Keller got 65 pts last year at age 19. 75 players in the league were 60 pts or more. A lot has to do with system and linemates. I believe if Vilardi plays a C2 with some decent wings he will put up 60-70 pts in a couple of years.

A Consistent career of 60-70 points, actually look at the names of the people who are doing that in the NHL consistently . They are all pretty much Elite players.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Clayton Keller got 65 pts last year at age 19. 75 players in the league were 60 pts or more. A lot has to do with system and linemates. I believe if Vilardi plays a C2 with some decent wings he will put up 60-70 pts in a couple of years.

A Consistent career of 60-70 points, actually look at the names of the people who are doing that in the NHL consistently . They are all pretty much Elite players.

yeah, 75 players in a high scoring year = 2-3 per team on average. That's high company.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
yeah, 75 players in a high scoring year = 2-3 per team on average. That's high company.
Assists come easier than goals and count the same toward points. For a above average play making center I expect he will get his share of assists... and being in top 3 is quite doable if you are in the top 6 and getting PP time which I assume he will.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Assists come easier than goals and count the same toward points. For a above average play making center I expect he will get his share of assists... and being in top 3 is quite doable if you are in the top 6 and getting PP time which I assume he will.

I'm with you and I think down the line he's going to be a 30-30 guy, just kind of contextualizing your discussion. Folks around here often seem to think that less than 60 points means not a top-sixer but that's under 60 is actually more common.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Jim Fox says the plan is for him to get in a few games in Ontario for conditioning, then go play in the WJC , then join the Kings.

Bildschirmfoto%2B2014-09-09%2Bum%2B20.51.24.png

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
We are seeing with our own eyes real damage being done with Adrian Kempe trying to develop a highly skilled but flawed player in the NHL. I hope the Kings don't make the same mistake with Vilardi.

I think we have to consider him being forced to change to center in a system that demands a lot from their center position, I think he is /was a very talented player who is learning first against men now still learning in what we all know is not a development league. He looked pretty good playing for Sweden last year with the joy of just playing , was skating well and scoring

Reactions: King'sPawn

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I don’t think Kempe is being damaged. Or any of the kids really. The only damage comes management and coaches pretending the team is a contender and not giving the actual good players the ice time they need to demonstrate their skills and gain confidence. Instead they lose and play less than 12 mins a night.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

First pro point, Kings going to petition for 2 more conditioning games before sending him off for WJC camp

First pro point, Kings going to petition for 2 more conditioning games before sending him off for WJC camp

Didn't get to watch and confirm any of this myself, but just FYIs!

Reactions: KingTrouty

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
How did this thread spin away from Vilardi? Gotta give the guy some time to get into playing shape. I’m looking forward to seeing him play in the Junior Championship tournament. I know it isn’t the NHL, but it’s a good step in his path to LA.

I’m not expecting much from him this year - except to not look out of place. Next year, we should know more about his abilities at this level,

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
How did this thread spin away from Vilardi? Gotta give the guy some time to get into playing shape. I’m looking forward to seeing him play in the Junior Championship tournament. I know it isn’t the NHL, but it’s a good step in his path to LA.

I’m not expecting much from him this year - except to not look out of place. Next year, we should know more about his abilities at this level,

WJC's is a great tourney, and he'll be playing against his peer group, most of the best players in the world minus injuries and a select few playing pro that aren't released to play.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

Easy, I said something about him someone didn't like, and they made it personal.

I hope the kid can stay healthy so we can see what he's got, but his track record isn't that great so far. Time will tell.

Reactions: Sleeping Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad