Confirmed with Link: Gabriel Vilardi signs 3-year ELC

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
You know, the title of the thread has me wondering how many years left does Vilardi have? Does he have one more year after this and then it’s RFA?

As mentioned, it's like we just signed him over the summer essentially, since his ELC slid, so this year is year one of a three year entry level contract, despite all the hoopla about him being injured for a year and a half.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Quick probably wants that one back. He needs to hold it down right now.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Man, I an super nervous.. I really hope it isnt too soon, yes, even after missing almost a year I can wait a little longer.. But if he's ready, then lets do it

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
From what I saw at ice level on Saturday night Kupari is a little farther away and JAD has to get stronger, haven’t seen Vilardi live yet but from the reviews of others and he is 20 he should be up soonish if he likes lives through the A games.........

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Praying for health. Feels too fast frankly.

From skating solo for months to a week or two of practice and right into games? Eek.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
Praying for health. Feels too fast frankly.

From skating solo for months to a week or two of practice and right into games? Eek.
he's practiced in a red-jersey for a week, then regular-jersey for a week now. And the next game is friday, so essentially 3 weeks of practice.
But yes, it still does feel a little too quick, if it ends up being this weekend.
Or maybe he's just that good?

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
My biggest concern is unfortunately the back bone of the AHL.

I don’t know if I’d play him in back2back scenarios all season let alone first week back!

Jun 30, 2006
After the airing of grievances and feats of strength for Vilardi...

DQ7m2K-X0AEatun.jpg

Reactions: Butch 19

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
From what I saw at ice level on Saturday night Kupari is a little farther away and JAD has to get stronger, haven’t seen Vilardi live yet but from the reviews of others and he is 20 he should be up soonish if he likes lives through the A games.........

I was at the game in SD as well; they looked awful. Everyone except Petersen was fighting the puck all night.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Wait, has it been said that he is actually going to be playing this weekend?
It wouldn’t be the first time they went with 11 forwards.

If he plays, his minutes will be managed carefully. I'm not too worried about the speed of this as if his back has healed, it’s healed assuming it is spondylolysis (everything so far fits). He’s been exercising and skating back home prior to coming back into the organisation so you’d think he started off with a degree of conditioning, rather than starting from scratch. The risk of bringing him back too early would more likely be a muscle injury than the back itself, so looking at that the timing seems reasonable. If he’s ready, then he’s ready and he will only start getting his game together properly by playing.

However, before we get too excited this could easily be just for line rushes.

Reactions: RossLonsberryFan

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Gabe practiced all last week with the team too.

If he plays, his minutes will be managed carefully. I'm not too worried about the speed of this as if his back has healed, it’s healed assuming it is spondylolysis (everything so far fits). He’s been exercising and skating back home prior to coming back into the organisation so you’d think he started off with a degree of conditioning, rather than starting from scratch. The risk of bringing him back too early would more likely be a muscle injury than the back itself, so looking at that the timing seems reasonable. If he’s ready, then he’s ready and he will only start getting his game together properly by playing.

RossLonsberryFan

Aug 28, 2019

You know Vilardi is telling everyone that he is ready to go. He's got to be chomping at the bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad