Gabriel Landeskog vs Adam Larsson

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Larsson if I were in need for both. But Florida doesn't need more defensemen at the moment, so I'd pick Landeskog simply because of the need. But Larsson is the best player, but you never know who will have the best development to the pro game and other factors.

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
larsson is a potential franchise dman... pretty damn hard to come by but i REALLY think landeskog is gonna make the team that picks him happy

being a kitchener native and a rangers fan for over 10 years i think gabriel can and will be a mike richards type impact player

that being said i take landeskog :yo:

Last edited:

Kid Canesten

Feb 1, 2011
Ottawa, ON
if the isles were building from the net out they'd draft a goalie

i think kevin poulin and/or mikko koskinen will be good, but this quote made me lol

but pertaining to the op, id love both prospects to wear sens jerseys next year, but our forward situation could use landeskog. alfie isnt getting younger, and i just love what ladeskog brings to the table. larsson will be good, and we may regret it, but landeskog is my choice.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
Adam Larsson and it is not even debatable.

Potential Norris Candidate or a 50-70 point player with intangibles????

hmmm....

L O L

Larsson is already a Norris candidate. Let me guess you also thought Hedman would have won the Norris by now too?

NWAvs

Jan 20, 2009
Seattle
Surprised I'm seeing so many lando's. Everyone on the avs forum is saying larrson is much better and I agree with em. I think the avs will get the 3rd/4th pick though so lando is more likely

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lando is going to be the steal of this draft. Ottawa will get him at #2.

Deaddevil11*

Most Scouts Are worried about Defensman Larsson's Potential because he is already 2 good. But Landeskog has trmendous potential and is a top notch two-way player. So I say Lando!:naughty:

4thliner*

Lando is going to be the steal of this draft. Ottawa will get him at #2.

It won't take having to trade up to 2nd overall to get Landeskog. I think Ottawa will trade up to pick him at #3 or #4 though.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I think Landeskog will have a more immediate impact than Larsson but in a few years there's no doubt in my mind that Larsson will be the better of the two.

maple8

Dec 28, 2009
Honest question, if Adam Larsson was not Swedish, would anyone ever have compared him to Lidstrom?

Mansfield

possession obsession
Apr 4, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Difficult decision. Usually I base my choice on the first letter of their respective last names being closest to mine, however as they share similar last names including an identical first letter it seems I will be unable to use this foolproof method.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
With one pick, Colorado can stablized their entire blueline moving forward. I get that Landeskog is what they need too, but he wouldn't complete fill a hole. Larsson would.

After they pick Larsson, Colorado will be set on the blueline and at center - the two most important places. They can then look to improve on the wing and in goal.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Honest question, if Adam Larsson was not Swedish, would anyone ever have compared him to Lidstrom?

Probably not but he is still more Lidstrom'esque than most. He's skilled offensively but not flashy, great defensively but not in a "ooh look at me" kinda way, he makes a great first pass, etc.

I think the best comparison is a prime Redden with better D.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
With one pick, Colorado can stablized their entire blueline moving forward. I get that Landeskog is what they need too, but he wouldn't complete fill a hole. Larsson would.

After they pick Larsson, Colorado will be set on the blueline and at center - the two most important places. They can then look to improve on the wing and in goal.

Erik+Johnson+Edmonton+Oilers+v+Colorado+Avalanche+rPGMwNAy0RCl.jpg

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I think thats what he means...

Larsson - Erik Johnson. These guys are 6'2, 210 (at 18) and 6'4, 235.

Stastny and Duchene

Not a single one over the age of 25.

Now just get us a goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad