Prospect Info: Gabriel Gagné

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He is a long-term project, currently year 2 of his pro career but 1st in the AHL. If can continue to work on his defensive game, I could see him having a Taylor Pyatt type career. Maybe a bit better as he has a very good shot.

In the AHL next year and maybe starts there the year after, we'll see.

Note : I think this could be merged with the original Gagne thread.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
to know him a little bit personally, I don't think he has the attitude to be a Taylor Pyatt or a 3-4th liner player. He doesn't has the courage to be a player like that

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I've always had him penciled in as a 4th line RW player with potential to move up or through injury replacement move up in the lineup. Maybe he could be better than that but it remains to be seen. He's got the size, he can skate & this yr showed a little bit of a scoring ability but he could also flame out.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Gabriel GagneRWBEL6018523
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Gagne is a shooter ... He thinks shoot first. He leads the BSens with 153 shots on goal in 60 games. He leads all players with 30 games in shots per game as well .His game right now doesn't suite a checking line role nor an energy line role.
If he could play the role of a shooter in the top 9 on a good team he'd probably could find some success.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Classic boom/bust prospect.

He will either be an effective top 6 scorer or not in the NHL.

He is having a decent year in Belleville but still a very, very long way to go from what I understand.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
He's not going to amount to much until he becomes stronger in the corner and along the boards. For a guy that's insanely tall he has absolutely no idea/can't figure out how to use his body advantageously to fight off opponents. His style of play will never worm in a bottom line role. He needs other players to drive play and set him up for him go be effective at the nhl level. He's a pretty straight line, one dimensional player that relies on having perhaps the best release I've seen from a player not in the NHL. His skating is average at best(which is pretty good for a big lad) but it doesn't help him elevate his game at all and he can't really use it to be any more dynamic with the puck. He realistically has to round out his game in all aspects if he wants to reach the next level. I'm not really sure he has much more of a future unless he's a real late bloomer like Hoffman.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He's not going to amount to much until he becomes stronger in the corner and along the boards. For a guy that's insanely tall he has absolutely no idea/can't figure out how to use his body advantageously to fight off opponents. His style of play will never worm in a bottom line role. He needs other players to drive play and set him up for him go be effective at the nhl level. He's a pretty straight line, one dimensional player that relies on having perhaps the best release I've seen from a player not in the NHL. His skating is average at best(which is pretty good for a big lad) but it doesn't help him elevate his game at all and he can't really use it to be any more dynamic with the puck. He realistically has to round out his game in all aspects if he wants to reach the next level. I'm not really sure he has much more of a future unless he's a real late bloomer like Hoffman.
not a big fan but he went from looking completely lost last year to scoring almost 20 goals this year.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I don't trust Dorion's hype of the kid.

That's not to say he won't turn into a decent NHLer, he very well might, it's just that Dorion hypes literally every prospect in the system, so it's hard to tell which kids are legit vs which kids he's pumping the tires on.

Otherwise, I really just haven't seen enough of the kid to form my own opinions on him.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
You must have high expectations for Gagne (or an unrealistically low view of Ryan)

At this point if he's a 15 goal 30-35 point player he fills that role, so take from that what you will.

I'm not particularly high on Gagne though, I was kidding more than anything.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
At this point if he's a 15 goal 30-35 point player he fills that role, so take from that what you will.

I'm not particularly high on Gagne though, I was kidding more than anything.

I agree. He doesn’t make an impact when he’s not around the puck. He’s a sleepy player, and as a bottom 6 guy he will have that constant tweeter thing, not intense enough for the bottom 6, not talented enough for the top 6.

I see him as a Alex Chiasson type, not sure what he is, just always want more

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I agree. He doesn’t make an impact when he’s not around the puck. He’s a sleepy player, and as a bottom 6 guy he will have that constant tweeter thing, not intense enough for the bottom 6, not talented enough for the top 6.

I see him as a Alex Chiasson type, not sure what he is, just always want more

Look forward to some more skill being added to that Belleville lineup.. let's see how Gagne does with players that can make plays... The play down there is as rudimentary as it gets ... dump grind shoot from any where look for rebounds , if you have good individual skills you stand out and look good, the team concept is brutal. Players that like structure and rely on team play to be effective are on the outside looking in.. its KK's Max McCormick training ground .. only a few can make it out of there. Just in case there is a brawl in the alley though we have that covered.

Reactions: Burrowsaurus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad