Confirmed with Link: Gabriel Bourque re-signs with Avalanche

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I really hope Benar is prepared to send him down to start the season if some of the kids earn a spot. I don't want to see Greer, Kamenev, or Toninato sent down after good camps despite being better than Bourque. Bednar loves him to death and I always hate it when coaches have blind spots for depth players.

He'll stick around as the 13th/14th forward, none of the kids will be sitting in the nacho booth so for them it's either make the team outright or play premium minutes for the Eagles, I'm not worried.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Another good depth signing. Bourque has always been a solid 4th liner/13th forward. He didn't get much of a chance in 2016-17 for whatever reason with Bednar, but he earned his playing time last year, and did well with it.

A bit surprised he signed early for only a one year deal, but that little raise is pretty good for a guy like him. He's betting on himself that he can duplicate last years performance, and get a longer one way deal.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Another good depth signing. Bourque has always been a solid 4th liner/13th forward. He didn't get much of a chance in 2016-17 for whatever reason with Bednar, but he earned his playing time last year, and did well with it.

A bit surprised he signed early for only a one year deal, but that little raise is pretty good for a guy like him. He's betting on himself that he can duplicate last years performance, and get a longer one way deal.

I think that and he wanted to re-sign with the team that gave him a chance. He probably likes the team a lot

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Good signing and nice raise.

Didn’t initially like him, but he worked and played hard. Showed character defending his teammates and getting into the tough areas. Comeau is likely leaving and he can play for a longer deal.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I had just assumed this would happen, so I'm happy it did. Makes perfect sense. Good depth guy who can work hard and force the young guys to actually earn their jobs.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Love it. You can't go wrong with guys like Bourque on the 4th line. Work ethic wins games.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Sorry if mentioned, but I presume he got 1-way deal with his performance last year?

EDIT; According to Capfriendly, yes 1-way.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Bork became one of my favorites over the year so I'm really happy about this, he deserved it and hopefully he can have another good performance this coming year.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That ruins my Nashville line...

bu8fJbS.jpg

Reactions: Perratrooper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad