Gaborik

PaulSedin

#lydia2012
Jun 29, 2011
ok so i've got two guys fighting over the value of Gaborik because guy 2 traded Gaborik for Justin Williams and guy 1 thinks it was a bad trade. What do you guys think of their reasonings?

Guy 1 30 bad games with a coach that reduces your playing time does not dictate your career; Gaborik played very good in Columbus and will score 30+ next season

Guy 2 Gaborik had a bad season and is declining and i would rather have Justin Williams

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Is this a fantasy dynasty league?

Gaborik > Williams if that's the case.

Mind of Milbury

Jun 14, 2012
I dont think OP was looking at this as a 'value of' type question. I suspect this is a disagreement over a trade in a fantasy league (hence the board it is posted in...) where someone is upset at the deal itself, and wants it vetoed? If that is the case, then the argument is meaningless. Fantasy league managers value players differently. It is why they draft the players they draft in the place they draft them, why they trade who they trade and for whom, and which players are picked up/dropped as free agents. In short, the simple rule I go by is "no collusion, no veto". Third party managers shouldnt EVER vote down a trade because they dont feel the value was correct. Manage your own team, I always say. My guess is they are sitting there saying "DAMN, _I_ could have had Gaborik for _____, and _____ is WAY better than Williams!!", once again inserting his own opinions/value judgements on another team's doings.

Of course I could be wrong. Maybe it really IS a 'value of' thread :laugh:

batman78

Aug 14, 2011
I'd rather have Gabby, but it's not that far off. He has more upside, but he's been less consistent the last couple of years. Then again, if you look further Williams has injury problems too from a few years back, which still makes me nervous about him. That's probably why Gabby gets the nod. Plus he's just a bit better.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
anyone with 50 goal potential is a player i would take over a 35 goal ceiling. the inconsistencies in gaborik's game come with the territory.

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
Anyone who knows Gabby knows that he every other year is a great season. The seasons in between however, he slumps and/or is injured. Comes with the territory, but risk is worth the reward with him.

Just to show what I mean:

05-06 66pts in 65gp (Solid year, less than 20 games missed)
06-07 57pts in 48gp (injured for almost half the year)
07-08 83pts in 77gp (Great year, only missed 5 games)
08-09 23pts in 17gp (injured for almost the whole year)
09-10 86pts in 76gp (Another great year, only missed 6 games)
10-11 48pts in 62gp (injured for 20 games, didnt score at the same pace either)
11-12 76pts in 82gp (unbelievably plays every game, back around a PPG)
12-13 27pts in 47gp (doesnt miss any games due to injury but slumps in New York)

So based on this repeating trend of great years followed by slump/injured years, I'd say were in for a great year from Gabby. But who knows for sure, this is Gabby were talking about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad