TSN: Gaborik, Delisle, Parlett to CBJ for Brassard, Dorsett, Moore and 6th Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Just wanted to say Gaborik had developed a scoring pattern. He had a down season this time, but 40 goals last, 20 prior, preceded by 40. If the pattern continues, could really be a steal for the Jackets. :)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
-Which guy do you think is being groomed for the future? The guy playing top pair defense in the AHL, getting 20+ minutes in all sorts of situations or the guy getting 13-14 minutes in the NHL while regularily being a healthy scratch?

-If he was "well ahead" then he would be getting significantly more TOI, not the same amount. He'd also have better stats than Savard, which the opposite is true.

-By awhile you mean when? Cause Savard beat him handidly last year(CBJ management apparently thought the same as Savard was getting 5 more minutes TOI at the end of the season) and considering Moore had a whopping 1 assist for us, he wasn't this year either.

Lets look at it another way. If you adjust Savards stats to reflect the same amount of games played(which is actually not necessary since Savard already has better numbers in 51 less games) as Moore you get:

Moore: 86 games played 2 goals 6 assists -28 +/-
Savard: 86 games played 5 goals 20 assists -7 +/-

Hmmmm, more goals, assists, & points while having a significantly better +/-, while playing the same amount of minutes. So not only is he scoring more(better offense) but the opposing team scores less when he's on the ice(better defense). Maybe you meant Moore is "way ahead" at goaltending cause the actual numbers say Savard has him in every other category.

On quick glance you have two arguments: 1) Savard was played more. 2) Had better stats. The implication is that he must have been ahead of Moore.

But you're just plain wrong on the first point, and the second point is irrelevant. Savard was at one point healthy-scratched for about two weeks in a row this year. That's not grooming. Moore's injury limited his NHL time with the Jackets this year, but our reports from Springfield all had him as their best defender, with Savard a distant third or fourth. And you can't count on points to tell you which defenceman is better, because so much of their game isn't captured by that. Savard is like a slow version of Aaron Johnson (AJ often put up points). We'll keep Savard with the hope that he'll improve, but as of now he's bad enough that his point production doesn't outweigh his bad defence.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
Whether or not Moore was passed up by Savard, Goloubef, Erixon, Prout or Oscar the plumber is a moot point. He was traded as a part of a package that returned a, hopefully, high end sniper. Hell, he could of been the very best, highest rated D prospect on JD/JK's board, it just doesn't matter. His place in the pecking order is irrelevant.

What matters is he was traded, obviously the FO felt as tho what ever hole his lose would create, would be filled adequately, and the return was worth it.

King Sergei*

For the Rangers fans bragging about Brassard's performances, did you guys see who didn't seal off Ribero on the GWG yesterday, John Moore. I wanna wait another year before this trade as I believe that a healthy RW Gaborik will score 32+ goals next year in a weaker East.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
For the Rangers fans bragging about Brassard's performances, did you guys see who didn't seal off Ribero on the GWG yesterday, John Moore. I wanna wait another year before this trade as I believe that a healthy RW Gaborik will score 32+ goals next year in a weaker East.
Great observation. Moore definitely caught watching on the GWG. Here's hoping WSH can raise the value of our NYR 1st rnd pick today!

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Great observation. Moore definitely caught watching on the GWG. Here's hoping WSH can raise the value of our NYR 1st rnd pick today!

Ovie, all I ask of you today is to please, for once in your NHL playoff career, be clutch, and score as many goals as humanly possible.

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
What matters is he was traded, obviously the FO felt as tho what ever hole his lose would create, would be filled adequately, and the return was worth it.

Before Gaborik was traded to Columbus, he scored 5 goals in 3 games early in the year, then scored 4 goals in his last 30 games as a Ranger. He then scored 3 goals in his first 5 games as a Jacket, and didnt score in the last 7 games of the year. He was outscored by Brassard after the trade. I think the jury is still out on whether the return was really worth it.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Here we go again. Brassard scores, Moore asissts. incoming NYR fans

Did we have people going over to the NYR boards every time Gaborik got a point? I'm trying to figure out why this is happening. You'd think a market as large as New York wouldn't feel the need to beat their drum over here with small-market Columbus.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Here we go again. Brassard scores, Moore asissts. incoming NYR fans

You said that last time and no Rangers fan came in here and posted.

Most of us realize that Brassard was expendable and he was never going to perform at this level with the Blue Jackets. It's still not clear whether or not he'll keep it up, still early. He's certainly been a great player for us, thus far, though.

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
Did we have people going over to the NYR boards every time Gaborik got a point? I'm trying to figure out why this is happening. You'd think a market as large as New York wouldn't feel the need to beat their drum over here with small-market Columbus.

Because we're a Southern, sun-belt team, with fans that know nothing about hockey. :sarcasm:

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
One other observation here; anybody notice Nash parked in front of the goal? He never did that with the Jackets, I recall he took alot of abuse/cross checks in the back from Western conference foes. Watching him today he seems to just park himself there and nobody seems to be clearing him out.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
One other observation here; anybody notice Nash parked in front of the goal? He never did that with the Jackets, I recall he took alot of abuse/cross checks in the back from Western conference foes. Watching him today he seems to just park himself there and nobody seems to be clearing him out.

Nash has been closely checked throughout this series, lots of whacks and crosschecks, though maybe what you're seeing is the Caps starting to pay less attention to a slumping player.

Nash used to play in front of the net for the Jackets, but we're talking 6 or 7 years ago. He probably took too much abuse and decided to move to the perimeter to prolong his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->