The Columbus Dispatch: Gaborik being shopped for defense. Kings among front-runners

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 1m

As of 5 p.m., #CBJ said RW Marian Gaborik would play, and he is on the ice for warm-ups in advance of tonight's game vs. #Stars

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Vanek is not on the ice. If the Vanek to Ana rumors become reality Gaborik could become a hot commodity, particularly if an east contender lands kesler.

Vanek not going to Anaheim. Sounds like it's Boston or LA in driver's seat. Gaborik a better shot at Anaheim

bizzz*

I hear this John Moore kid is pretty good. :sarcasm:

Rright. Good for 13 minutes per game.
The Jackets let Anton Stralman walk away for free and he's head and shoulders above Moore on the Rangers depth charts.
I doubt the Rangers will resign him this summer.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Rright. Good for 13 minutes per game.
The Jackets let Anton Stralman walk away for free and he's head and shoulders above Moore on the Rangers depth charts.
I doubt the Rangers will resign him this summer.

Wow.....And Stralman couldn't slow down a snail dipped in molasses.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I don't think Gaborik will find another gear ever again, this is who he is (and I've been saying that since we acquired him when I criticized the trade). I'm also not sure about saying "he just doesn't fit our team", because there isn't a team in the league where meekly floating around fits. So I doubt there's a club who has good interest in trading a lot for him (though you can never discount crazy GM's), and in the case that we don't get a lot for him (more than a 2nd rounder), then I say keep him. He isn't slowing Arty down.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
If there was serious discussion about Gaborik he would not have played tonight…. No way he plays if there is any chance the CBJ get better trading him…

Gaborik is only worth a 4th round pick if that, he’s worth more to us for what he might do in this playoff hunt….

I doubt Kek trades him, there’s nothing to be gained…

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Remember when Stralman was actually good, that first year?

I understand he's like that full-time in New York.

In the end he left such a bad taste in my mouth that it may have blocked out anything good he might have done.....sometimes it just works that way, Viqsi.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
If there was serious discussion about Gaborik he would not have played tonight…. No way he plays if there is any chance the CBJ get better trading him…

Gaborik is only worth a 4th round pick if that, he’s worth more to us for what he might do in this playoff hunt….

I doubt Kek trades him, there’s nothing to be gained…

We need to free up a roster spot if nothing else. Boll is due back next week and we have Comeau and Tropp sitting all 3 bring something more to the table than Gaborik.

He is what I've said all along, and everyone hoping he is the guy that scored 40 goals a few times, isn't going to happen. You can see the guy doesn't have it any more mentally, he doesn't bust his ass out there, he takes a couple quick strides then gives it away or has it taken away and he floats around for another 30 seconds. He isn't strong on his stick, in the corners, nothing. Where are all the Gaborik lovers that criticized me all season and said he was going to explode when he got healthy??

Gone for nothing more than a 3rd round pick.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
It will depend on what other chips fall in the day. Teams will be gearing up to be contenders, something we need to do if our hopes are to actually compete for the cup and not just make the playoffs. If teams in the west bulk up, someone will be desperate enough to make a play on him....I would think he played last night to show he's healthy enough to play

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
We need to free up a roster spot if nothing else. Boll is due back next week and we have Comeau and Tropp sitting all 3 bring something more to the table than Gaborik.

Where are all the Gaborik lovers that criticized me all season and said he was going to explode when he got healthy??

Gone for nothing more than a 3rd round pick.

I don't think he goes for a 3rd. As for Boll who cares? His absence has been unnoticeable. Same with Comeau. Tropp has been good but the current 4th line seems to be doing just fine.

And as far as Gaby being healthy, he is back but like we are (hopefully) seeing with Horton, guys (especially ones over 30) don't necessarily hop back in at 100%.

I know you won't change your mind but I don't agree with you.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I don't think he goes for a 3rd. As for Boll who cares? His absence has been unnoticeable. Same with Comeau. Tropp has been good but the current 4th line seems to be doing just fine.

And as far as Gaby being healthy, he is back but like we are (hopefully) seeing with Horton, guys (especially ones over 30) don't necessarily hop back in at 100%.

I know you won't change your mind but I don't agree with you.

He has only 3 shots on goal in 4 games, there is no evidence he will ever do anything again. He didn't do much last year either when he was totally healthy. he is what he is, good riddance.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
it all comes down to what they can get for him. If it's a 3rd or 4th round pick - may as well hang onto him. Always a chance he could go on a tear.
But like I said before he won't be back here next year - so if you can solidify another position (unlike others I'm not too worried about backup tender, if Bob goes down we're in trouble) like d-men or if you can get the right trade package of high quality prospect(s) and picks I think it gets done. I think most people can look at this team and see we are still building. yes we could catch fire and make a run, but more than likely this is a fringe playoff team, so if you can build for future you do it.
Again if Gabby has no value (just a 3rd round pick for instance) I think you roll the dice, but so many teams in contention - I think someone gets desperate and we get a d-man and a quality pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad