Gabe Landeskog Versus Matt Tkachuk

Who's the better player?

• Total voters

moropanov

Mar 7, 2015
Landeskog is better Tkachuk isnt really NHL calibre just product of linemates..

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Right now it’s close and I might give Skog the edge with his experience (I’d bring up leadership but people around here don’t seem to believe that is something real). You can argue all you want that he’s having a career year with great line mates and that’s true but that MacK and Rantanen combo never clicked until Landeskog was put on it - he is the magic elixir. And recently the lines have been juggled and he looks damn good with a grinder (Calvert) and youngster (Jost) on his line. Once again no coincidence that Jost, who was struggling mightily and even demoted suddenly looks like a different player with the Captain next to him.

What will separate Tkachuk going forward though is his playmaking ability. Landeskog is a great linemate because he does everything on the ice that frees up his line mates to do their thing. But a naturally creative playmaker he will never be. Tkachuk on the other hand brings the heavy play as well but is more of an all around offensive threat. And we are just starting to see it. He’s gonna be scary good as he assumes more responsibility. Brady too.

Definitely two of my favorite players in the league...I’ll take Landeskog the rest of this year but Tkachuk moving forward.

Reactions: GlitchMarner

Conor McDavitt

Oct 17, 2017
I am going to have to go with Tkachuk. I really like Landeskog, but he played on a scorching hot line this season, and credit to him for being partly responsible for it being so good, not that Calgary is not a good scoring team themselves, but I feel Tkachuk makes more of an individual impact offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->