Gabby's GM game 4.0 signup/discussion thread

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I didn't see a single post saying that. Maybe I just missed it, but still, I wasn't expecting the draft to be so sudden and with so little notice. I'm sure I'm not the only one pissed about this.

That, and I'm 99% sure you were there when I distinctly said I was taking Barkov at #2.

Not that it matters now, and I think Hlaverty did a great job running the draft, but I can vouch for the fact that LT wanted Barkov.

:canes

Ecstatic with our draft. Seth Jones and Adam Erne in the first round!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I've never even heard of the one of the guys I got with my other picks. I'm really questioning where that list came from, as it's one of the worst I've seen here.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It was run fine, my two complaints are that it was done too fast and the list.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
If someone would like to help with a list next time then don't be afraid to step up, the list was posted WAY before the draft....

If someone had an issue they should have said something and we could have revised it

Gaborikthebeast

Always Blame the Zebras
Feb 16, 2010
Everyone please calm down this game is supposed to be fun and in the last 2 days or so it has been very hostile, and I don't want it to be like this. That being said, if this continues I may have to take a Leave of absence from HF if this continues. Some of you may not care but if it means anything to anyone I would like the Angriness to stop :(
Gaborikthebeast

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If someone would like to help with a list next time then don't be afraid to step up, the list was posted WAY before the draft....

If someone had an issue they should have said something and we could have revised it

5 hours isn't WAY before...

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Well, I was going to vote you low... but then I realised Calgary's defence is better then St. Louis's and your almighty defence led by AHL wonder Justin Schultz is going to lead you to the playoffs!

I mean, that's what you proclaimed, right?

It's not my fault that you traded your best player in Pietro is it?

I like my D, everyone comes from the back end in the new NHL

Rolen

Mikael Ferlund
Jun 6, 2012
London, Ontario
It's not my fault that you traded your best player in Pietro is it?

I like my D, everyone comes from the back end in the new NHL

Oh I know! I mean I traded Pietro and added Tyutin and Nikitin but you traded Bouwmeester AND Giordano AND Wideman and added..... Justin Schultz! Your top D-core versus the worst D-core in the league, I'm sorry I even brought it up.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
5 hours isn't WAY before...

I was not even drafting but I certainly had time to look at the list...active GMs should have had time to see it. I really can't talk since I didn't have any picks, but it would be nice if everyone would give hlaverty a break. If someone does not like the draft, they can volunteer to do it next time. Its not a fun job.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
I didn't see a single post saying that. Maybe I just missed it, but still, I wasn't expecting the draft to be so sudden and with so little notice. I'm sure I'm not the only one pissed about this.

That, and I'm 99% sure you were there when I distinctly said I was taking Barkov at #2.

same here i was on this morning and if it was mentioned it was to a small group as we are doing that other draft, I mean it's great that you volunteered but for us new guys the sudden notice is not the greatest.

Part of the problem I think is that some of us were online with the other draft of 20 teams

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I was not even drafting but I certainly had time to look at the list...active GMs should have had time to see it. I really can't talk since I didn't have any picks, but it would be nice if everyone would give hlaverty a break. If someone does not like the draft, they can volunteer to do it next time. Its not a fun job.

I am aware, but I feel like he was doing this under his own time constraints (this is an assumption), and not what was best for the league. I would've been more than happy to do it myself.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
I am aware, but I feel like he was doing this under his own time constraints (this is an assumption), and not what was best for the league. I would've been more than happy to do it myself.

Also it's not like the new guys are angry, it's just a lil confusing trying to keep up with the sudden changes and constraints.

I asked continually in the chatzy about the draft ect.. and was told we are doing it alter then bam out for a couple of hours and everything is over.

I understand running anything sucks but can't the other side be seen here?

Gaborikthebeast

Always Blame the Zebras
Feb 16, 2010
Also it's not like the new guys are angry, it's just a lil confusing trying to keep up with the sudden changes and constraints.

I asked continually in the chatzy about the draft ect.. and was told we are doing it alter then bam out for a couple of hours and everything is over.

I understand running anything sucks but can't the other side be seen here?

I never said it was the new guys I was talking to people in general. Please everyone stop this madness

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I never said it was the new guys I was talking to people in general. Please everyone stop this madness

Sorry we got screwed over. I know you do a LOT for this game and its a huge task to conquer, but I think I have a reason to be pissed about the draft considering how important it was for my prospect pool and how it was handled.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Approved by Gabby:

Drouin for Barkov. Both teams would rather have had the other's prospect, so we're swapping.

Confirmed. After stating I wanted Barkov at 2nd, it was ignored. But I'm getting the guy I wanted so it's all good now.

Gaborikthebeast

Always Blame the Zebras
Feb 16, 2010
East:
1. New York Rangers - 155
2. Washington Capitals - 154
3.Buffalo Sabres - 124
4.Pittsburgh Penguins - 138
5. Toronto Maple Leafs -122
6.New Jersey Devils - 106
7. Boston Bruins - 105
8 New York Islanders - 88