GDT: G72: Wild @ Philly 5:30pm CT/11:30pm Sweden/12:30am Finland (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Depends very, very much on Rossi.
I think this is the gamble you would be taking. Maybe it is the case that it allows you to keep Johansson, Nyquist, Hartman on deals that are relatively friendly for their given production and/or even add an additional piece assuming Zucc/Dumba and eventually Foligno/Fluery after that are let go saving you ~$19m. Again, this is an assumption with Nyquist that his eye test is going to look pretty good. I would potentially go in this direction.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Rangers fans think their GM wants Zucc back next year, and is ready to give up a 1st for him. Then I guess Guerin can't say no, depends on how much he values the chemistry between Zucc and Kaprizov.
I'd be hesitant to move him for a NYR 1st unless the Wild had a replacement or a big free agent signing lined up and could use that freed up cap space. 1sts are nice, but that'll be a pretty late one and I value Zuccarello more than the pick alone.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Rangers fans think their GM wants Zucc back next year, and is ready to give up a 1st for him. Then I guess Guerin can't say no, depends on how much he values the chemistry between Zucc and Kaprizov.
A late 1st is not all that valuable, to me. I think Zucc is worth more, by quite a bit. Hey, i'd rather keep him... we just are stuck in a cap crunch, for reasons that we all know about. It depends on how he ages, but I would definitely think about re-signing him after his deal finishes. He and Kap definitely have some chemistry. I wonder what they would do with a good Center.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would want to have a backup plan that doesn't involve Kaprizov on an island. That plan could mean Boldy/Kaprizov but I've come around to wanting two scoring lines.

Could Kaprizov - Rossi - Hartman work?
I'm think that Kap- Marat- Boldy might be an interesting line. Marat has speed and two way play. Boldy has skill, ever increasing strength, and talent. Kap.... has everything. You just don't want him to work too hard defensively.

Reactions: 7dayBender

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
The Boldy line is fine as is.
Hartman line will also be fine with Kap back.
Face offs, Special teams need a lot of work.
No one agrees but D playoff stamina is suspect,
Especially Goose and Merrill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad