Post-Game Talk: G7: Trotzs @ not-Rierdens | 1/26/2021 | 7:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Our team is playing with a lot of heart - I hope it continues when our stupidstars - oops I mean superstars - return to the roster.

Samsonov in particular has something to prove - might find himself playing backup if he doesn't grow up.
hes back up now unless VV does something

AZ Caps Fan

Sep 8, 2019
High Desert
I don't think we saw the Isles best effort last night, but I care less about that than I do the effort our team displayed which was impressive.
Still have to improve the second periods though and theres still plenty of time to do so.

Reactions: Calicaps

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Isles board still melting, loving it. :m-dance:

Just one example.... :nod:

I have such a terrible taste in my mouth after that loss. What a terrible effort against a team that was without so many of their top players. Every NY Islander should be absolutely ashamed at how bad the team played overall last night.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
hes back up now unless VV does something
Why backup? SamNoShownov should be put on the Taxi Squad to send him a message to get his act together! He's not an the entitled future #1 yet! This is serious business for him. He will become a restricted free agent after this season and the Caps seriously have to think if they really want to protect him or trade him. As of right now, VV is showing BMac that he wants to be on that ED protected list and not SamNoShownov!

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Do we go back to a 50/50 split again with Samsonov and Vanecek when Sammy gets back?

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Do we go back to a 50/50 split again with Samsonov and Vanecek when Sammy gets back?
I'll be in the minority on this, as I say you stick with VV/Anderson. You give Anderson a start to find out what he's got. SamNoShownov is still on his ELC, so he's waiver exempt. He's not shown yet to have fully recovered from his ATV accident mentally. A goalie can actually take longer than a player who has not practiced for a week+. Samsonov will have to get some good hard practices in before he gets a start again.

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I say no. For just about every team this shortened season, both your goalies are gonna be needed to play. Samsonov so far has shown to not be trusted. VV should get majority starts right now. Give a start to Anderson. If he does well, then Samsonov can sit his butt on the Taxi Squad!

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I'll be in the minority on this, as I say you stick with VV/Anderson. You give Anderson a start to find out what he's got. SamNoShownov is still on his ELC, so he's waiver exempt. He's not shown yet to have fully recovered from his ATV accident mentally. A goalie can actually take longer than a player who has not practiced for a week+. Samsonov will have to get some good hard practices in before he gets a start again.

Since he had COVID I'm sure that also effected him, depending on exactly when he had it.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Komarov a nasty POS? Nothing new.

But I do hope Caps won't waiste their time with that 4th liner next game. Instead they need to target their best players. Well in fact their best player because there is only Barzal that can play hockey on that team.

A team that can't beat the Hershey Capitals, don't deserve much attention :laugh:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
One game at a time. Its Vitek's net until he gives it back. He will but Sammy is going to have to earn more than back up goalie games

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
Komarov a nasty POS? Nothing new.

But I do hope Caps won't waiste their time with that 4th liner next game. Instead they need to target their best players. Well in fact their best player because there is only Barzal that can play hockey on that team.

A team that can't beat the Hershey Capitals, don't deserve much attention :laugh:
Let the Isles try to goon it up and further embarrass themselves. Of all the ways to get revenge, I'm glad our guys chose humiliation

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Our team is playing with a lot of heart - I hope it continues when our stupidstars - oops I mean superstars - return to the roster.

Samsonov in particular has something to prove - might find himself playing backup if he doesn't grow up.

They should just trade all 4 of them. Who needs them anyway?

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
They should just trade all 4 of them. Who needs them anyway?

Don't know if this is sarcasm and / or a dig at me?

I'm definitely not advocating that the team is better off without them.
It does annoy me that they basically thumbed their noses at rules that were in place across the entire league. And they should take this seriously moving forward, because even though our team has performed way above expectations
without them, we've also now got 3 injured players (Wilson, Backstrom and Eller) and if any or all of them are out for a decent amount of time, those returning players need to step up and stop playing grab ass.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Don't know if this is sarcasm and / or a dig at me?

I'm definitely not advocating that the team is better off without them.
It does annoy me that they basically thumbed their noses at rules that were in place across the entire league. And they should take this seriously moving forward, because even though our team has performed way above expectations
without them, we've also now got 3 injured players (Wilson, Backstrom and Eller) and if any or all of them are out for a decent amount of time, those returning players need to step up and stop playing grab ass.

I would take seriously if we traded SamNoShownov. All Vanecek has done since he was given his chance, is play like he wants to be part of the team in helping the team win. Samsonov, last season and now, has shown how talented he could be but mentally, his focus and maturity level are not where it needs to be a regular NHL goalie. Frankly, there was a lot of talk of how good Samsonov, Shesterkin and Sorokin were going to be, and yet they have all been disappointments. If I was GM BMac, my thinking has changed somewhat on protecting Samsonov in the Expansion Draft. I'll take the less talented goalie who has worked his butt off in the minors and stepped up big time with his given NHL time, over the more talented goalie who seems to have his head stuck up his butt!

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
I would take seriously if we traded SamNoShownov. All Vanecek has done since he was given his chance, is play like he wants to be part of the team in helping the team win. Samsonov, last season and now, has shown how talented he could be but mentally, his focus and maturity level are not where it needs to be a regular NHL goalie. Frankly, there was a lot of talk of how good Samsonov, Shesterkin and Sorokin were going to be, and yet they have all been disappointments. If I was GM BMac, my thinking has changed somewhat on protecting Samsonov in the Expansion Draft. I'll take the less talented goalie who has worked his butt off in the minors and stepped up big time with his given NHL time, over the more talented goalie who seems to have his head stuck up his butt!
Would definitely hope he be traded rather than exposed - teams like Buffalo would surely love have some talent in net even if it's a bit raw.

Still early days but some fairly decent names on the free agent market that would make an interesting 1a/1b no matter whether we trade VV or Samsonov.

Making a deal in which we expose Kuzy in return for player X should definitely be on the table too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad