GDT: G7: Kings at Wild - 7pm CT (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mnsportsfan22

Apr 5, 2013
They don't want centers for fiala and kaprisov so they keep there numbers down so the price this offseason stays lower

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
76 days until the trade deadline

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
These two also have a combined one non-EN goal in 7 games...

When you're playing with a revolving door of Bonino, Bjugstad, Rask, Johansson and Parise that's about what's expected.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Team looked good. Doesn’t really matter much to me whether they win or lose since there’s pros to both scenarios. Think it’s ridiculous to have Bonino in there over Ek at the end. I know it’s for faceoff purposes, but this team should have their best center on the ice. Ek looks more and more like a Top 6 center every game IMO. Maybe Evason will come to that realization soon as Fiala and Kap continue to be poorly utilized.

Reactions: 57special

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
This team might make the playoffs but we are better off if they don't. I would rather have the higher pick. There are too many spare parts that don't fit together well - Rask, Johansson, Bonino, and Bjugstad. I am actually looking forward to the return of Zuccarello, he may actually give us two thirds of a useful second line.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
When you're playing with a revolving door of Bonino, Bjugstad, Rask, Johansson and Parise that's about what's expected.

It makes Kaprizov's 5 apples even more impressive.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I'm talking about trading Dumba in a 1 for 1 and then protect 3d 7f. I guess we have Boldy that could replace whatever forward we do lose.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
This team might make the playoffs but we are better off if they don't. I would rather have the higher pick. There are too many spare parts that don't fit together well - Rask, Johansson, Bonino, and Bjugstad. I am actually looking forward to the return of Zuccarello, he may actually give us two thirds of a useful second line.

3 of those guys are rentals and shouldn't be re-signed. The other is a rental+1 that is a 4th line/pressbox quality player.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
One thing I don't want to see again is Soucy turning it over three times in 30 seconds. Brutal passing tonight. Put some zip on it!

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
3 of those guys are rentals and shouldn't be re-signed. The other is a rental+1 that is a 4th line/pressbox quality player.

My biggest concern is this team barely sitting in a playoff spot at the deadline and Guerin deciding he would rather keep Bonino, Johansson and Bjugstad for a "playoff run" than continuing to build for the future and keep the cupboards stocked.

Reactions: Drewcifer

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Well yeah, of course, but the fact that we have a team with a bunch of mediocre rentals playing key roles means we shouldn't be caring about the playoffs this year. As a fan I always want the team in the post season but from a strategic point of view we are better off if we miss them because this team won't be going anywhere if they do happen to make the playoffs.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
My biggest concern is this team barely sitting in a playoff spot at the deadline and Guerin deciding he would rather keep Bonino, Johansson and Bjugstad for a "playoff run" than continuing to build for the future and keep the cupboards stocked.

I'd rather keep them and go for the Playoffs rather than get the 3rd, a 5th, and a 7th for the 3 of them.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Who is Victor Rask to keep Sturm from developing at Center? I get the feeling that Guerin has told Evason he wants him to get some TOI so he can try and dump him at the TDL, but a GM would have to be a complete idiot to take him on.

The GEEF's have to be broken up, and distributed around the top 9. They are playing great, but they can not be our best players. KK and Fiala are alone on an island when they play. Their linemates flub passes, don't support the puck...not their fault, they just aren't their level. Not skilled enough, fast enough, or imaginative enough. Not even very good grinders. At least JEE and Greenway are a massive handful on the forecheck and in front of the net, and will win puck battles all night long, saving the skilled guys energy for putting the puck in the net. Fiala is so tired chasing after the puck that he is out of gas when he finally does get it, and in any event, he usually looks around and no one has kept up with him.
All of the new forward additions to the team, excepting KK, have been underwhelming. I knew Mo Jo wasn't a C, but he used to be a decent middle six wing. He looks weak and kinda lost, and I sure as hell don't see a lot of speed. Bonino isn't much better, but at least he can win a FO. Bjugstad....
At least Galchenyuk would show a bit of skill at times. There's nothing there with those guys. A pass to their sticks is wasted, most times.

Fiala- JEE- KK
Parise- Bonino- Greenway/Zuc
Foligno - Sturm - Zuc/Greenway/Bjugstad
Johansson - Bjugstad - Hartman

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who is Victor Rask to keep Sturm from developing at Center? I get the feeling that Guerin has told Evason he wants him to get some TOI so he can try and dump him at the TDL, but a GM would have to be a complete idiot to take him on.

The GEEF's have to be broken up, and distributed around the top 9. They are playing great, but they can not be our best players. KK and Fiala are alone on an island when they play. Their linemates flub passes, don't support the puck...not their fault, they just aren't their level. Not skilled enough, fast enough, or imaginative enough. Not even very good grinders. At least JEE are a massive handful on the forecheck and in front of the net, and will win puck battles all night long, saving the skilled guys energy for putting the puck in the net. Fiala is so tired chasing after the puck that he is out of gas when he finally does get it, and in any event, he usually looks around and no one has kept up with him.
All of the new forward additions to the team, excepting KK, have been underwhelming. I knew Mo Jo wasn't a C, but he used to be a decent middle six wing. He looks weak and kinda lost, and I sure as hell don't see a lot of speed. Bonino isn't much better, but at least he can win a FO. Bjugstad....
At least Galchenyuk would show a bit of skill at times. There's nothing there with those guys. A pass to their sticks is wasted, most times.

Fiala- JEE- KK
Parise- Bonino- Greenway/Zuc
Foligno - Sturm - Zuc/Greenway/Bjugstad
Johansson - Bjugstad - Hartman

So the 3 best players on the 1st line. Hope the 3rd line has as much goodness as with Strum as it did JEE? The 2nd and 4th lines we hope don't trip over their skates and injure one of our d-men?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So the 3 best players on the 1st line. Hope the 3rd line has as much goodness as with Strum as it did JEE? The 2nd and 4th lines we hope don't trip over their skates and injure one of our d-men?
Parise can play. Webster, when he returns, can handle the puck a bit and pass it. Bonino...apparently he is an upgrade on Staal, or is that Johansson?

I can't recall a C lineup so bad. I remember one time when Koivu was out injured and Brodziak was out #1C, but he was actually pretty good that year. Think he scored 20 g or so. I'd take that version of a C right now in a heartbeat.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Parise can play. Webster, when he returns, can handle the puck a bit and pass it. Bonino...apparently he is an upgrade on Staal, or is that Johansson?

I can't recall a C lineup so bad. I remember one time when Koivu was out injured and Brodziak was out #1C, but he was actually pretty good that year. Think he scored 20 g or so. I'd take that version of a C right now in a heartbeat.

MarJo was the upgrade to Staal (and Donato if you want to nitpick).
Bonino was the upgrade to Koivu (at the cost of Kunin).
Bjugstad is a $2m lotto ticket.
Rask is Rask.
Rossi is the new golden boy.
Strum is a wing, because reasons.

I see Guerin's master plan now. Make the team so awful to get a higher 1st, and collect a few more mid-late picks on the rentals along the way. As an added bonus it gives the young wings, in a contract year, nothing so their next contracts will be lower.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

In the NHL? That's debatable at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad