GDT: G67: Wild @ ASU 8:30pm CT, 2:30am Sweden, 4:30am Qatar (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
I wonder if Gus could feel insecure because of Fleury's brilliant performances in previous games.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
JFC , CAN GOLIGOSKI AND Dumba be any more dysfunctional?
Just finished watching. I think that play made me more angry than anything else I saw. Goligoski played both lazy and stupid there. That was his play to smother, and when he got beat to the puck he immediately gave up on the play and tried to make Dumba clean up the mess.

Actually, watching it back, it was clearly his fault, but he also appeared to slow down suddenly after crossing the blueline, while it was still a 50/50 play. I'm not sure if he's giving up on the play or is injured. This is one of the rare times where I say that I hope he's injured because the alternative is actually worse.

Reactions: Victorious Secret

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not good if we lose Foligno, sounds like there's something wrong with his ankle.

They're okay with 3 out of 4 points in a couple of hectic days. Russo: They will stay in Arizona and have a day off tomorrow, plans for some golfing. Will arrive in St. Louis Tuesday afternoon, and then it's finally time for practice.
Foligno of the past two years, big miss.

Foligno of this year, .... ehhh

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Just finished watching. I think that play made me more angry than anything else I saw. Goligoski played both lazy and stupid there. That was his play to smother, and when he got beat to the puck he immediately gave up on the play and tried to make Dumba clean up the mess.

Actually, watching it back, it was clearly his fault, but he also appeared to slow down suddenly after crossing the blueline, while it was still a 50/50 play. I'm not sure if he's giving up on the play or is injured. This is one of the rare times where I say that I hope he's injured because the alternative is actually worse.
Agreed, but dumba didn't cover himself in glory, either. I mean, where is 'veteran savvy and presence" that Dean values so much. If Addison had done similarly he would've been roasted.

Merrill's "step up' in the neutral zone on the the 3rd(?) goal was similarly baffling. Why would you do that in a game where you are ahead? Was the risk/reward limiter in his head removed?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I wasn’t a fan of the Wild till 2005, but I’ve seen the Minnesota Wild movie about the run in 2003. Is the Gus/MAF tandem Roloson/Fernandez 2.0?
Nope. They were every other night like clockwork, then in the playoffs, go with who's hot. Which changed as the team advanced.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
1 bad game for Gus + 2 good games for MAF = ?

I fear the answer to this equation
See, the thing about this is, if Fleury plays better than Gus, then it should be Fleury starting. At least for me, it was never etched in stone no matter what, it just happened to be because Gus has been absolutely brilliant since the middle of November, and Fleury hasn't. If the scales tip the other way down the stretch, then I'd have no problem with them going with Fleury in the playoffs.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
See, the thing about this is, if Fleury plays better than Gus, then it should be Fleury starting. At least for me, it was never etched in stone no matter what, it just happened to be because Gus has been absolutely brilliant since the middle of November, and Fleury hasn't. If the scales tip the other way down the stretch, then I'd have no problem with them going with Fleury in the playoffs.

In theory I agree, I just fear Fleury is going to get an undeservedly long leash compared to Gus if that were to happen.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
In theory I agree, I just fear Fleury is going to get an undeservedly long leash compared to Gus if that were to happen.
I feel about the same. Evason seems to get the most out of the guys he’s given but he was completely outfoxed by Berube last spring despite having the stronger roster.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I turned this game off after Boldy's goal. The AZ sweaters combined with Walz was giving me a headache.

I do like the way McBain plays. It's a shame he got away from the Wild.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I turned this game off after Boldy's goal. The AZ sweaters combined with Walz was giving me a headache.

I do like the way McBain plays. It's a shame he got away from the Wild.
McBain appears to be a guy who likes to play his draft team. 3 points in 4 games against the Wild, 14 points in 64 games against the rest. He's been on a nice little offensive run recently. Maybe he's figuring it out now. I also just noticed that during this point streak his time on ice is up like 4 minutes per game, so it appears he's also been put in a good position recently. Good for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad