mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Wild win

Gus Bus keeps on wheelin'

Levels by Avicii

Ole reliable anthem of these boards.

Solid game, new additions look good. Klingberg getting comfortable, great skating and can move the puck. Refreshing additions of speed on this team

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
It'll be Sundqvist and Duhaime in those spots in short order anyway.
I'd have him over both on the 4th, but it's not what Deano likes on his 4th. Truculance and grind.

I think when everyone’s healthy that’s where Steel will hopefully be seen as the better fit as a 13th forward. I just can’t stand Reaves slowing the pace of everyone down, although he hasn’t been terrible lately.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Really like Klingberg's movement and passing on the PP - it just felt like the rest of the guys didn't understand what offense was, they'll get the puck from Klingberg and not know what to do with it. Either fumble the pass, or not shoot.

But I'm pretty excited to see how it develops after a few practices - maybe I'll finally start to look forward to some PP opportunities -.-

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Remember the days when Suter would play half the game and the 3rd pair would get 10 minutes or so?

Last night the Wild man had Middleton at 20, Goligoski at 18, and Klingberg, Spurgeon, Dumb and Merrill all at 19.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Really like Klingberg's movement and passing on the PP - it just felt like the rest of the guys didn't understand what offense was, they'll get the puck from Klingberg and not know what to do with it. Either fumble the pass, or not shoot.

But I'm pretty excited to see how it develops after a few practices - maybe I'll finally start to look forward to some PP opportunities -.-
It should also help certain people see the light about committing longterm $ to a certain 5’4” D who runs the PP as well

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Best D-Core in the NHL. Here’s to hoping being the best defensive team with a stud in net in GUS, plus some better scoring down the stretch can win us some rounds.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Best D-Core in the NHL. Here’s to hoping being the best defensive team with a stud in net in GUS, plus some better scoring down the stretch can win us some rounds.
I didn’t get to watch last night but the optimism and enthusiasm the trade deadline has injected is palpable while reading through the threads. I can’t wait to watch the next game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It was also a great sign that Boldy and Foligno got on the scoresheet at ES. Those guys can’t be ghosts.

I think Shaw’s days as a starter are numbered. I also don’t think Steel should get much time, though it’s nice to be able to plug in those guys in case of injury, rest, etc.

Hate to say it, but Reaves has impressed me. Biggest surprise to me is that he doesn’t take dumb penalties, and plays a smart game. Speed is obviously an issue, and I’m not saying he should be playing against some teams, but if they are playing heavy teams, or teams who’s D can be rattled with a heavy forecheck, then he’s useful. He’s a master at delivering a late, but not too late hit on D down low. He hits like a truck, but is very careful to keep his elbows and stick down, and to not charge. Knows exactly where the line is, and doesn’t cross it. Refs seem to respect that, and don’t call him for phantom stuff like they used to call Cooke on late in his career after he cleaned up his act. He rarely fights, but it goes without saying that he has that angle covered, if necessary.

I still like Dewar, and think he would be better with better linemates. Nice speed, smart.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Who are you, and what have you done with F7?
Guerin has made some absolute shit moves in his tenure here, but you’ve got to give a guy props when he does something right. There’s a method to his madness that just somehow works. That trade deadline was the best one that I can remember in Wild history. We somehow gained more assets while improving our team for this season, it was a perfect deadline. Having that much cap space at the TDL, while carrying $13M in dead cap is asinine. Despite all of their handicaps, somehow the team is within striking distance of 1st in the Division and we’re not that far off from last year’s pace. Team just continues to find ways to win.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Finally got to watch the game.

That Foligno goal is one of the strangest things I've seen. Not his strangest goal though, that would be his "goal" where the other team put in in their empty net.

Boldy got points, nice to see.

Klingberg has warts, but he skates so much better than Addison.

Gus was good again. The team defense was solid all game in front of him.

I like Steel's play.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Maybe Dean gets a little credit too?
Evason deserves credit for almost always pushing the right buttons. I think he and Guerin are 100% in sync with the team they want.

Similarly, eventually we are going to have to talk about JEE becoming a 1C this season as well. He’s barely got any time with 12 or 97 and he’s still producing at both ends. No chance there are 30 Cs you take over this guy.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Evason deserves credit for almost always pushing the right buttons. I think he and Guerin are 100% in sync with the team they want.

Similarly, eventually we are going to have to talk about JEE becoming a 1C this season as well. He’s barely got any time with 12 or 97 and he’s still producing at both ends. No chance there are 30 Cs you take over this guy.
Evason is garbage and rarely ever does anything of meaning. This team would be leading the west right now if he and his boss had put their pride away and given the net to Gus about 2 months before they finally did. Ek doesn’t appear to mesh at all with Kap and Zucc , that doesn’t mean he isn’t our 1C. It just means he’s being deployed to make a meaningful impact on the lineup in other ways.

• Haha
Reactions: MNRube
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad