GDT: G59 - MIN @ VAN - The Whisperer in Darkness - 9:30PM Central - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Really? Mats had no 2pt nights when Bruce was coaching?

Wake me up when this is a trend, not a flash in the pan.

Six consecutive games without a point was basically a message.

There's no doubt that the players responded well to the Boudreau departure, including Zuccarello in this game with the two points and a huge shootout goal.

In my opinion this is evidence that the former coach misused some key players, and it hurt the team.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

There's no doubt that the players responded well to the Boudreau departure, including Zuccarello in this game with the two points and a huge shootout goal.

In my opinion this is evidence that the former coach misused some key players, and it hurt the team.
Nothing has even changed yet. Same lines, same usage...

I don't see how you can say this is any different than before the change. The team was playing great hockey at the time Bruce was fired.

Btw - 6 consecutive games without a point, and one of those games was post firing... so what? Unless you're saying even after Bruce was fired, he was still trying to send a message?

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Name one key player that Bruce misused. You keep acting like Zuccarello didn’t play himself off of the first line after being there all year. And it’s not like the 2nd line is “misusing” him.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
In my opinion this is evidence that the former coach misused some key players, and it hurt the team
Please explain, who was misused and how should they have been used any better? Especially since we've seen zero changes in usage after the coaching change.

Remember this comment?
The Galchenyuk issue, a pretty bad player who will most likely be gone once this season is over. Would you play him on the 2nd line? Would you play him with a $30 million investment who should be playing with skilled players and not babysit a guy who's not part of the future? Just one of many weird mishandlings that finally got Boudreau canned.
Funny how that bad unskilled player is dragging secondary assists out of your boy and getting him onto the score sheet.

Good thing Bruce put him there and Evanson wasn't dumb enough to remove him from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: teon

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Zuccarello's zone entry and pass on Galchenyuk's goal was legit, as was the shootout move. His secondary assist on Kunin's goal was incidental; Hunt and Kunin made that one.

Most of what I remember from Zuccarello's game are turnovers and passed shots. The fancy stats (xGF% and HDCF%) say that line had a pretty good night, though.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Zuccarello's zone entry and pass on Galchenyuk's goal was legit, as was the shootout move. His secondary assist on Kunin's goal was incidental; Hunt and Kunin made that one.

Most of what I remember from Zuccarello's game are turnovers and passed shots. The fancy stats (xGF% and HDCF%) say that line had a pretty good night, though.
His pass is purely incidental in terms of the goal. Chucky essentially picks up a loose puck and puts it away. Had a Canuck player even bumped the puck before Chucky picks it up, it goes down as unassisted. A secondary assist on that is purely a gift for Zucc.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
His pass is purely incidental in terms of the goal. Chucky essentially picks up a loose puck and puts it away. Had a Canuck player even bumped the puck before Chucky picks it up, it goes down as unassisted. A secondary assist on that is purely a gift for Zucc.
Rewatching it, you're right about the pass. He did gain the zone, though!

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Point is Mats plays much better again with a new coach behind the bench, he even showed one of his slick shootout moves. Still can't believe why Boudreau didn't use him there, one of his big flaws that got him fired.

Evason gives him more icetime and responsibility, just what Zuccarello needs because this will restore his self-confidence.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Point is Mats plays much better again with a new coach behind the bench, he even showed one of his slick shootout moves. Still can't believe why Boudreau didn't use him there, one of his big flaws that got him fired.

Evason gives him more icetime and responsibility, just what Zuccarello needs because this will restore his self-confidence.
Zucc played only 13mins last night... last game under Bruce he played 17 mins. Try again.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

His TOI recently:

2/1 (Bos) - 18:22
2/4 (Chi) - 16:10
2/6 (Van) - 14:03
2/7 (Dal) - 12:49
2/9 (Col) - 16:04
2/11 (Veg) - 13:44
2/13 (NYR) - 17:00
===Boudreau Fired===
2/15 (SJS) - 16:41
2/19 (Van) - 13:23

Same line, same ice time, same usage, same performance. Zuccarello is an absolute side note to what is going on with the team right now.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
He'll get 17 mins more often with Evason than he did with Boudreau who started to bench him. That's not the way to get his self-confidence back, it's really bad asset management of a $6M player. I think Leipold was as pissed as Guerin was.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He'll get 17 mins more often with Evason than he did with Boudreau who started to bench him. That's not the way to get his self-confidence back, it's really bad asset management of a $6M player. I think Leipold was as pissed as Guerin was.
How about letting him get 17mins even one time under the new coach before making such a claim.

It's clear Bruce wasn't fired because of Zuccarello's usage... otherwise that would have been the very first change. His usage is EXACTLY THE SAME since the firing happened.

Please stop making these baseless claims.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

I have to ask, what's the color of the sky in your world?

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I almost rolled a pantleg nugget past Dubnyk when I heard that Zuccarello had two assists last night. But the real problem with thinking Boudreau was fired because of Zuccarello's usage, besides for anything even loosely tethered to reality, is that it conflicts with him being fired because Dubnyk complained about not starting enough, then fell backwards into a potted tree, swatted at the branches that came at him, escaped its clutches by falling out of his shirt, then suavely exited through an interior window and right into a crockpot full of office pot luck chili.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Have the Bruins managed $6M player David Backes poorly? Or have they done it correctly and played their best players the most? Zucc’s contract isn’t an excuse for anything.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
What happened to 12? The first two periods I could have swore he was fixing the game. Turning it over ad nauseam in the offensive zone basically passing it to opponents. Third period he started winning faceoffs and making better decisions. He's gotta be hurt right?

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
What happened to 12? The first two periods I could have swore he was fixing the game. Turning it over ad nauseam in the offensive zone basically passing it to opponents. Third period he started winning faceoffs and making better decisions. He's gotta be hurt right?
He doesn’t want other teams to trade for him

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

Yes, this tremendous 2 game sample size, one in which we were shutout by the f***ing Sharks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->