Miller - Pettersson - Toffoli
Roussel - Gaudette - Virtanen
MacEwen - Beagle - Sutter

Edler - Stecher
Hughes - Tanev
Benn - Myers

Markstrom

---------======---------

To this day I do not know why I obeyed those whispers so slavishly, or whether I thought [Guerin] was mad or sane. After what had gone before, I ought to have been prepared for anything; but this mechanical mummery seemed so like the typical vagaries of crazed inventors and scientists that it struck a chord of doubt which even the preceding discourse had not excited. What the whisperer implied was beyond all human belief—yet were not the other things still farther beyond, and less preposterous only because of their remoteness from tangible concrete proof?

PixelClear.gif
As my mind reeled amidst this chaos, I became conscious of a mixed grating and whirring from all three machines lately linked to the cylinder—a grating and whirring which soon subsided into a virtual noiselessness. What was about to happen? Was I to hear a voice? And if so, what proof would I have that it was not some cleverly concocted radio device talked into by a concealed but closely watching speaker? Even now I am unwilling to swear just what I heard, or just what phenomenon really took place before me. But something certainly seemed to take place.

PixelClear.gif
To be brief and plain, the machine with the tubes and sound-box began to speak, and with a point and intelligence which left no doubt that the speaker was actually present and observing us. The voice was loud, metallic, lifeless, and plainly mechanical in every detail of its production. It was incapable of inflection or expressiveness, but scraped and rattled on with a deadly precision and deliberation.

PixelClear.gif
“Mr. [Boudreau],” it said, “I hope I do not startle you..."

---------======---------

Just who's running this team, anyway?

Evason? Even he seems confused by his current predicament.

Guerin? When we first laid eyes on him he looked like a sack of ground beef hastily stuffed into sausage skin, sweaty and bulging. A hastily constructed meat puppet, serving a hidden master.

Leipold? He's had so many hip surgeries that he's more machine than man, now. A conduit for a higher signal, lacking any agency of his own.

The Council of Ancients? Only spoken of in hushed tones on unlistened-to podcasts, their tendrils extend to extremities we dare not comprehend.

But even they are said to serve a higher power.

---------======---------
Still waiting to see if Evason does something coach-y. Didn't see any updates from practice yesterday, so I assume it's the same lines again?

Go team.

Last edited:
Reactions: a79krgm and TaLoN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
One has to hope that viewing the chaos of the final 20 odd games is somehow worth it, that somehow we will get through it, and greet a better tomorrow on the other side... or at least, a top 7 pick.

Reactions: DemidovSaveUs

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
In prior years I might have tried to see the 1st/2nd periods but this one is just way too late. Might not see any of it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm all in, in a car crash'ish sort of way. Like Guerin, I want to see who shows up, though I have my doubts that it means a damn thing. Players who pile up points on bad teams don't always impress me.

I would be impressed if Dubnyk started to stop some pucks, though. If not, I'll want to see some of Khakonen.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Can someone explain why Vancouver starts their home games at 7:30 local time instead of 7:00 like everyone else? That extra half hour is a big deal for an old fart like me who needs his sleep.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Guerin saying he thinks/wants this team to make the playoffs and then continuing to run with these two goalies is an incomprehensible contradiction. If he's serious about that you make a change immediately and not wait for Dubnyk/Stalock to continue to lose more games for you.

I think it's a little 'too' conspiracy theory to believe Guerin is orchestrating a stealth tank with the Boudreau stuff and lying to everyone but the one thing that provides at least some solid supporting evidence is the goalie stuff. If you truly think the team has any sort of playoff run in them you make a change immediately.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Leave Vancouver with Gaudette, leave ? behind?
If they'd do it for Soucy I'd do it yesterday. I think Gaudette would be a great fit.

If it's for Brodin or Dumba... there'd have to be a compelling addition, but maybe. I like Gaudette, but I think he maxes out as a middle-6 center.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Guerin saying he thinks/wants this team to make the playoffs and then continuing to run with these two goalies is an incomprehensible contradiction. If he's serious about that you make a change immediately and not wait for Dubnyk/Stalock to continue to lose more games for you.

I think it's a little 'too' conspiracy theory to believe Guerin is orchestrating a stealth tank with the Boudreau stuff and lying to everyone but the one thing that provides at least some solid supporting evidence is the goalie stuff. If you truly think the team has any sort of playoff run in them you make a change immediately.

He’s not orchestrating a stealth tank, he just doesn’t actually care if the team makes the playoffs or not. He just doesn’t want to see quit.

Reactions: Bazeek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->