GDT: G58: Wild vs Devils 7:30PM CT/3:30AM Finland (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Who are we all kidding there is 5 games until the TDL? 5 game win streak incoming.
I've been expecting it to start for the last 2 games, but the fact that they've dropped both after 3-1 leads makes me think some strand of Fate has finally snapped for this team. Might've been the one holding Koivu's knee together.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I've been expecting it to start for the last 2 games, but the fact that they've dropped both after 3-1 leads makes me think some strand of Fate has finally snapped for this team. Might've been the one holding Koivu's knee together.

The 2 games against the Blues are/were the only important games in this last run up to the TDL. Win both those games in regulation and it's an 8p swing in the Central/WC standings.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The players are the problem. We can bring in the best damn coach possible, and it wouldn't make a difference. We have seen this group long enough....it's on the players now. Although, one can say that it's also lack of talent....but some of these guys have just freaking plateaued with no signs of recovery.

Letting off the gas has been something they've done way before you got here, BB. Seems to be a habit that can't be broken.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
One minor point. PP and Points aside, I thought Hunt didn't look at all out of place as a skilled 4 th liner. When he was on, it seemed like he played almost like an offensive Dman...would like to see more of him to see if it was a fluke.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
One minor point. PP and Points aside, I thought Hunt didn't look at all out of place as a skilled 4 th liner. When he was on, it seemed like he played almost like an offensive Dman...would like to see more of him to see if it was a fluke.

It's sad because I think many of them are playing well. Hunt (2nd coming of Nummelin, only better), JEeK, Greenway, Kunin. They're alright.

Jusr sell everyone else and rebuild.

And about Suter/Parise's contracts/clausules. That's like their problem. Not ours.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Everyone relax, BB isn't getting fired. Gmpf is holding out for a player + a pick. Oilers will probably step up.
I don't think it'll happen in season, but keeping a head coach around after a GM change is always a little awkward. I don't think they necessarily dislike each other or anything, but there does seem to be at least some disconnect between Fenton and Boudreau with roster decisions. I don't think Fenton would fire him for missing the playoffs, but I could see using how this season went as cover to do something he was leaning toward doing anyway. It's just how these regime changes go.

I could be wrong though. They're not going to get a better coach than Boudreau and maybe Fenton realizes that and breaks the mold.

Reactions: 2Pair

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
I think Fenton has a disconnect with the hockey world in general. Bad player vision, terrible moves, not adding up to solid footing moving forward. I think the Owner would step in before that happens. You don't let a coach with BB's record go cause they don't grow on trees.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I think Fenton has a disconnect with the hockey world in general. Bad player vision, terrible moves, not adding up to solid footing moving forward. I think the Owner would step in before that happens. You don't let a coach with BB's record go cause they don't grow on trees.
No chance on that

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
And now I just watched the highlights after everyone mentioned Dubynk. The first, fourth, and fifth goals... yikes.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The only way BB is gone is if it's his choice. He didn't sign up to run a rebuild. Only time will tell.
If the GM decides that he wants a new coach. There will be a new coach. The owner isn't going to get in the middle of that.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Yeah, I don't think it's going out on a limb to think that Fenton's got as long a leash from ownership as any GM in the league right now.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yeah, I don't think it's going out on a limb to think that Fenton's got as long a leash from ownership as any GM in the league right now.
I don't want to see Boudreau fired. But, I do get the feeling that he and Fenton aren't the best of friends, and don't really get along very well. With the way this season is turning, it would be a surprise if Boudreau comes back next year. IMO

I will also add, that the day the owner tells the GM he doesn't get to decide who the coach is? That's the day the owner needs to find a new GM.

Reactions: Bazeek

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
The only way BB is gone is if it's his choice. He didn't sign up to run a rebuild. Only time will tell.
Is Joel Queenville Dead ?

He's coaching career is 2nd only to Scotty Bowman

Bruce hasn't won anything even close to Queenville

Is everyone blind here ?

Bruce is not GMPF's guy period.
Evason brought in and replaced Anderson who is Bruce's guy and 1 of his best friends.
Army brought in and Asst coaches kept on in Iowa.
Almost entire hockey ops staff kept on because most ( not sure about all ) have 1 year left on contract.

Fenton not going to pay someone for not doing work period. It goes from Wild to baby Wild. I don't blame him.

Take off the blinders , get out of the tunnel and look at the big picture.

I'm not blaming Fenton for anything accept his choices, 1st rnd Draft pick and trades that he made and approved.

Fenton should be GM of Arizona , Ottawa or Florida. Teams with low revenue stream because he's great for ownership.

The losing is on the players and especially the Veterans. Say what you want but this team will NEVER win with Koivu, Parise and Suter in locker room.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Is Joel Queenville Dead ?

He's coaching career is 2nd only to Scotty Bowman

Bruce hasn't won anything even close to Queenville

Is everyone blind here ?

Bruce is not GMPF's guy period.
Evason brought in and replaced Anderson who is Bruce's guy and 1 of his best friends.
Army brought in and Asst coaches kept on in Iowa.
Almost entire hockey ops staff kept on because most ( not sure about all ) have 1 year left on contract.

Fenton not going to pay someone for not doing work period. It goes from Wild to baby Wild. I don't blame him.

Take off the blinders , get out of the tunnel and look at the big picture.

I'm not blaming Fenton for anything accept his choices, 1st rnd Draft pick and trades that he made and approved.

Fenton should be GM of Arizona , Ottawa or Florida. Teams with low revenue stream because he's great for ownership.

The losing is on the players and especially the Veterans. Say what you want but this team will NEVER win with Koivu, Parise and Suter in locker room.
Nonsense

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Your going to compare BB to Queenville as a coach ?

You are nonsense
No, you did that. Nobody else has even mentioned Quenneville, so not sure where you pulled that name from to begin with?

The nonsense is you continuing to pretend that Fenton was brought in to pinch pennies. Just a terrible take.

Reactions: Olcoach

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Koivu was a blessing in disguise. It allowed all to see exactly where this team is. Doobs saved games like these before but he's nowhere to be found.
I think he (and the team) have thought that for awhile. Losing Koivu was just the final nail in the coffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad