GDT: G58: Wild vs Devils 7:30PM CT/3:30AM Finland (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Probably the worst talent he's ever tried to coach too.
Somewhat incredible what he was able to do with this team the last 2 years. BB is a good coach. However, I don’t think he’s the man for the job anymore. We need to bring someone in whose onboard with developing our players, as opposed to winning at all costs which is the style we play now.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Somewhat incredible what he was able to do with this team the last 2 years. BB is a good coach. However, I don’t think he’s the man for the job anymore. We need to bring someone in whose onboard with developing our players, as opposed to winning at all costs which is the style we play now.
They're not going to find a better coach

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
They're not going to find a better coach
Did I say we need to find a better coach? No. Boudreaux however is concerned with winning cups and this team is obviously years away from that stage. It’s more of a let Boudreau do his own thing because we aren’t going to give him what he needs to be successful for the foreseeable future.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Did I say we need to find a better coach? No. Boudreaux however is concerned with winning cups and this team is obviously years away from that stage. It’s more of a let Boudreau do his own thing because we aren’t going to give him what he needs to be successful for the foreseeable future.
Any coach in the NHL should be concerned with winning cups. That's the job.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I would hope Fenton can do better than that
I would too, but he seems to really like guys he's familiar with. The comment he made very early on, possibly at the introductory press conference, about wanting to build the organization like a "family" has kind of haunted me for months now.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I would too, but he seems to really like guys he's familiar with. The comment he made very early on, possibly at the introductory press conference, about wanting to build the organization like a "family" has kind of haunted me for months now.
I wouldn’t mind Tim Army, personally. I can’t say I know too much about him but he seems to have done a good job with Iowa.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I wouldn’t mind Tim Army, personally. I can’t say I know too much about him but he seems to have done a good job with Iowa.
He seems to have done a good job there and it'd excite me a little more than Evason, but it still seems like such a low-rent move for a team with any sort of immediate aspirations. I strongly suspect it'd come down to one of those two, though.

I also realize it's ridiculous to be having this conversation without any official hint that Boudreau is gone, but that's just how this **** works, isn't it?

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Some random AHL guy, instead of Bruce Boudreau. Great.
Not necessarily random. I just like the fact that Tim has gotten the most out of his players in Iowa, which is something That has been a problem here since forever. Obviously you don’t just blindly hire the guy as HC, but I wouldn’t mind giving him a shot as an assistant for a while and grooming him. BB was once a random AHL coach. If the plan is to compete in the next 2 years, then Yeah keep bb. But I just don’t see him sticking around if we continue on this path.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
He seems to have done a good job there and it'd excite me a little more than Evason, but it still seems like such a low-rent move for a team with any sort of immediate aspirations. I strongly suspect it'd come down to one of those two, though.

I also realize it's ridiculous to be having this conversation without any official hint that Boudreau is gone, but that's just how this **** works, isn't it?
When you put your ass on the line by guaranteeing the playoffs, and your team responds by blowing a 3-1 and 4-1 lead at home? You're in trouble.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018

Yeah. I agree we haven’t gotten any indication. I think the speculation just comes with the team’s direction changing. BB’s job was safe when we looked as if we were atleast a playoff lock. Now with this team looking like it could land a top 10 pick, the approach may be vastly different. Again, it’s just throwing shit at the wall but why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->