GDT: G56 - MIN @ STL - 7PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
To determine if the way back into the lineup is unreasonable? To determine if it’s in his clients best interest to waive his NMC and be traded. To determine if Parise should retire?

People praise how Evason/Guerin handled the situation. I would lmfao if it backfired and Parise retired. Not because I would enjoy it, but because of the meltdown that would happen on here.

these two points are possible, but in general agents, much like unions, only get involved if a person needs backup to threaten something or negotiate something in favor of their client. zero reason outside of that.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Parise retiring isn't a bad thing. It's not as beneficial to the Wild as him going on LTIR, but it's probably better than having him around the team.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Parise retiring isn't a bad thing. It's not as beneficial to the Wild as him going on LTIR, but it's probably better than having him around the team.

Correct. And the cap hit if he retires is not much different than of he continues to play.

District 5

Mar 1, 2014
I love all this Parise speculation being interpreted as fact. The guy is a proud player that wants some answers to why he isn't in the lineup. HOW DARE HIM! Trashing a player based on your opinion is the real prima donna move.

Reactions: Wild11MN

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I love all this Parise speculation being interpreted as fact. The guy is a proud player that wants some answers to why he isn't in the lineup. HOW DARE HIM! Trashing a player based on your opinion is the real prima donna move.
Why should anyone give a f*** about what Parise wants? What makes him special enough to need a meeting set up to explain the obvious to him?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Respectful meetings behind closed doors are to be encouraged, not criticized. Once you shut down communication, problems start.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Some kind of meeting along these lines was inevitable. Being a healthy scratch for the playoffs (presumably) with 4 years left on his deal can't be what Parise had in mind and isn't exactly what the team would want either.

The timing seems weird, but there's no telling who dictated that. During the playoffs would be worse, so maybe Guerin wanted it out of the way before the offseason.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I mean he can call me, and I'll tell him the answer. He isn't good.
upload_2021-5-13_15-29-30.jpeg

Reactions: JBurd1

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Maybe one of those guys.
Agreed, the GM does not have that responsibility. It's exactly the responsibility of a coach and a player agent. As they say, coaches don't get paid for being able to handle the "easy to handle" players.

Also, isn't it fairly well known at this point that Guerin is planning to ask Parise to waive his NMC for the expansion draft? Couldn't that be what this meeting was about? Seems the most likely case, to me.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Parise is a healthy scratch because there are better options for on ice product. It’s that simple. I get the feeling he’s being dealt with like this because he refused to waive.

Either way....the Wild owe him nothing other than money which I’d say he never really earned.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Parise is a healthy scratch because there are better options for on ice product. It’s that simple. I get the feeling he’s being dealt with like this because he refused to waive.

Either way....the Wild owe him nothing other than money which I’d say he never really earned.
He is being dealt with like this because his play dictates it. With no pp time he doesn’t produce points well enough

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Light it up, Parise.
I hope he scores 14 goals tonight in a garbage meaningless game so we can listen to his mindless homer fanbois prattle on about how he was pacing 30g this season and never should have been scratched lol

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I hope he scores 14 goals tonight in a garbage meaningless game so we can listen to his mindless homer fanbois prattle on about how he was pacing 30g this season and never should have been scratched lol

Or you can realize that not everybody takes things so personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad