GDT: G50 - STL @ MIN - 7PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
At this one.

- We yelled "Shoot" for the Brodin goal, so you're welcome.

- Biggest cheer of the night was when Fiala lit up a dude mid ice. That seemed to be the momentum shift in the stadium.

- The contrast of Gigi Marvin intently watching the game and Audra Martin scrolling her phone was hilarious.

- The crowd noise isn't as awful as it once was when fans were first let back. I feel they've worked out the kinks a bit more.

- Things are a lot more "touchless" than the last game I went to. Everything was smoother and pretty easy from a fan standpoint.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That puck movement on the Brodin goal is exactly what we need to do more of the PP. Too many times our shot opportunities are too predictable. That touch pass by Fiala almost forced Brodin to shoot...it was the perfect weight, and because it was so quick, Brodin had an open lane for his shot, at least until it got in the net area, which is all you can ask for....or maybe we just need Paul Bunyan to coach them up.

Reactions: Paul Bunyan

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
That puck movement on the Brodin goal is exactly what we need to do more of the PP. Too many times our shot opportunities are too predictable. That touch pass by Fiala almost forced Brodin to shoot...it was the perfect weight, and because it was so quick, Brodin had an open lane for his shot, at least until it got in the net area, which is all you can ask for....or maybe we just need Paul Bunyan to coach them up.

It was fantastic.

They came out of the gates pretty sluggish tonight, but then ended up on the high they can play at when they really turn it on.

This team has been one of the most enjoyable for me to watch in the history of the franchise---in person and on TV. For those of you that either can't go or haven't been yet I will say I can see the difference in person, and it provides just that much more value. It's not even the finished product either.

As a Minnesotan I'm obviously pessimistic about everything in our sporting landscape, but this team and especially if Guerin can add to it could really be something.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
At this one.

- We yelled "Shoot" for the Brodin goal, so you're welcome.

- Biggest cheer of the night was when Fiala lit up a dude mid ice. That seemed to be the momentum shift in the stadium.

- The contrast of Gigi Marvin intently watching the game and Audra Martin scrolling her phone was hilarious.

- The crowd noise isn't as awful as it once was when fans were first let back. I feel they've worked out the kinks a bit more.

- Things are a lot more "touchless" than the last game I went to. Everything was smoother and pretty easy from a fan standpoint.

It’s been speculated amongst my family members that they might be trying to groom Gigi to take Audra’s place.

I don’t know one person that likes her.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Tank has been invisible because he has been out these past 2 games with an injury... The Blues have been plagued with lots of injuries all season long. This is the healthiest they have been yet.
He only played in the first game :thumbu:

Man do I feel dumb this morning. Drank too much , made an ass out of myself in the gdt and then fell asleep on the couch sometime in the 3rd before the Sturm goal lol

Reactions: 57special

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
If we continue line shuffling I’d really love to see this lineup instead. The way teams have been starting to play Kap makes me think he needs big bodies around him to free up some space as he seems to get doubled quite often.

greenway - ek - Kap
Zucc - Rask - Fiala
Foligno - Sturm - Hartmann
Parise - Bonino - bjugstad

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
If we continue line shuffling I’d really love to see this lineup instead. The way teams have been starting to play Kap makes me think he needs big bodies around him to free up some space as he seems to get doubled quite often.

greenway - ek - Kap
Zucc - Rask - Fiala
Foligno - Sturm - Hartmann
Parise - Bonino - bjugstad

I’d like to see the GEEF line stay playing together and Sturm get some top line games consistently. I think there is a lot of upside to Sturm if he’s given some consistent time with skill players.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I’d like to see the GEEF line stay playing together and Sturm get some top line games consistently. I think there is a lot of upside to Sturm if he’s given some consistent time with skill players.
I don’t disagree, just really want to free Kap up as he is getting run over an mauled every shift. He needs someone to take some bodies off him that’s why greenway and ek make sense. Hartmann Sturm and Foligno can be the new geef line as they all three are known to play defense and can play north south hockey with offensive upside.

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
I have serious doubts concerning your memory. That shift occurred halfway through the 3rd period. You do understand that there are receipts for all the bullshit you're trying to push?
Looked like Evason got my memo. I couldn't believe how quick Dumba and Brodin were changing in the first period. I wasn't too happy about the third pairs play but it seems like those guys didn't give up more than 2 even strength goals all of April. Can't let 4 d all have more than 20 minutes of ice time per game and you can't let Dumba play more than 23 minutes. He played 21 and a half last night. Enjoy the win.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
One thing that is very encouraging about the last 2 games is the way the goals were scored. Zuccarello's goal is maybe the best example. It's a simple high dump in, but someone (Kaprisov), makes a very skilled play on the puck and you get a goal out of nowhere.

This kind of thing never happened in years past, and it is the hallmark of Chicago's Cup Winners. Kane was always doing something like that. It's what highly skilled players do, and it's nice to have some on our side.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Looked like Evason got my memo. I couldn't believe how quick Dumba and Brodin were changing in the first period. I wasn't too happy about the third pairs play but it seems like those guys didn't give up more than 2 even strength goals all of April. Can't let 4 d all have more than 20 minutes of ice time per game and you can't let Dumba play more than 23 minutes. He played 21 and a half last night. Enjoy the win.
Let it go man. You were/are wrong in every possible way in this discussion.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
It’s been speculated amongst my family members that they might be trying to groom Gigi to take Audra’s place.

I don’t know one person that likes her.

Could she flat out host though? She could definitely fill any of the analyst spots and seems to be doing well in that regard as the "in studio" color. In my circle most people can't stand Walz.

As to Audra I think most people miss Jamie Hersch. She's elite, is #oneofus which always plays well here and when that is the comparison it's hard to beat.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Could she flat out host though? She could definitely fill any of the analyst spots and seems to be doing well in that regard as the "in studio" color. In my circle most people can't stand Walz.

As to Audra I think most people miss Jamie Hersch. She's elite, is #oneofus which always plays well here and when that is the comparison it's hard to beat.

Hosting is a completely different skillset. Same way as they aren't "grooming" Ryan Carter to replace LaPanta or anything.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don’t disagree, just really want to free Kap up as he is getting run over an mauled every shift. He needs someone to take some bodies off him that’s why greenway and ek make sense. Hartmann Sturm and Foligno can be the new geef line as they all three are known to play defense and can play north south hockey with offensive upside.
Until we get more top 6 help next year, i think you are right. The JEE line is dominant as a 3rd, checking line, but we should probably use some of those pieces on the top two lines if the play gets overly physical. Hartman, Sturm, and Foligno would be a good 3rd line in itself.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Until we get more top 6 help next year, i think you are right. The JEE line is dominant as a 3rd, checking line, but we should probably use some of those pieces on the top two lines if the play gets overly physical. Hartman, Sturm, and Foligno would be a good 3rd line in itself.
Exactly. Next year we reevaluate lines but with how physical it’s been recently Kap just gets run at all day. He still makes it work but we could make life much easier on him and our shut down line wouldn’t fall off that much as those three can and do play good defense.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
Man do I feel dumb this morning. Drank too much , made an ass out of myself in the gdt and then fell asleep on the couch sometime in the 3rd before the Sturm goal lol
i also drank too much last night and ended up with a runaway freight train headache. my issue was after several whiskey cokes i made the mistake of switching to tequila. im a professional and should know better! great wild comeback but wish they would look better against the blues.

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Let it go man. You were/are wrong in every possible way in this discussion.
How was I wrong? Dumba is awful when he won't get off the ice. Yeah he might pick up a point here or there but his play in his own end? The no look back hand pass the other night was stupid. One of the first things you learn is no back hand passes at the offensive blue line or anywhere near your own end. Dumba and the Wild defense haven't been reminded enough. I don't remember any back hand passes last night but I did not see the whole game. Was there any? Do you know what a back hand pass is?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
How was I wrong? Dumba is awful when he won't get off the ice. Yeah he might pick up a point here or there but his play in his own end? The no look back hand pass the other night was stupid. One of the first things you learn is no back hand passes at the offensive blue line or anywhere near your own end. Dumba and the Wild defense haven't been reminded enough. I don't remember any back hand passes last night but I did not see the whole game. Was there any? Do you know what a back hand pass is?

Reversing the play behind the net is extremely common. That one just went bad because Dumba mis-identified the other guys on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->