GDT: G5: Sharks at Wild - 7pm CT (FSN) - Home Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think this game was played with more pace because SJS plays a much more open game than the Kings and Ducks do.

I'm thinking the uptick in pace is because Kaprizov (better than Kunin/Zucker), Greenway (better shape, more into games), and Strum (stronger on the puck than Donato) as upgrades to the 2-4 lines more the anything else. JEE potting his chances instead of missing the net is a big difference too. Pateryn/Cole are an upgrade over Hunt in the d-zone. Solid goaltending (so far) makes a huge difference too.

MarJo/Zucc, Koivu/Bjugstad, and Staal/Bonino are pretty much a wash to me for pace so far. Hartman, Foligno, Parise, Rask, Fiala, and the other 5 d-men are all about the same as last year overall.

I'm just wondering where Zucc fits in the lineup when he gets healthy if nobody else is injured?

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Everyone seems to like Greenway’s game this year, and I only saw the last half of the third period, but at least twice late in the third, he pissed me off. A Wild player battling for the puck in the defensive zone, his side, and he does a fly-by, I’m going to grab the puck and go, thing, completely misses, and the Sharks win the battle and create a scoring chance, while he is completely out of the play. Not good when you’re nursing a one goal lead.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No one knows. He made an ordinary looking stop on a weakish shot to the midsection, but wasn't stretched out or anything. some mild contact with a SJS player, but really hard to see anything in it. Seemed to be off after that, but finished the rest of the period.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
No one knows. He made an ordinary looking stop on a weakish shot to the midsection, but wasn't stretched out or anything. some mild contact with a SJS player, but really hard to see anything in it. Seemed to be off after that, but finished the rest of the period.

I'm going with the he got a Charlie horse from a shot and it tightened up during intermission until I hear anything more specific.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad