GDT: G5: Sharks at Wild - 7pm CT (FSN) - Home Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who: San Jose Sharks (2-2-0) at Minnesota Wild (3-1-0)
Puck drop: 7:08 p.m. CT
Watch: FOX Sports North, FOX Sports App
Listen: KFAN FM 100.3, Wild Radio Network, Wild NHL App

The game marks the 20th home opener in franchise history for Minnesota, a night which has proven to rather fruitful over the years; the Wild is 14-1-4 in its previous 19 home openers, including a 3-3 tie in its inaugural season.

The contest Friday marks the first Wild game at Xcel Energy Center since March 3, 2020.

Even though only limited numbers of family will be allowed in the arena for the game, Wild coach Dean Evason said he's excited to get back on friendly ice after starting this season with four road games.

"We can't wait to be in our building. We love our building," Evason said. "The city will give us energy. The Twin Cities will give us energy even if they're not sitting in the seats."

Wild Warmup: Minnesota vs. San Jose

:wild
Parise-Rask-Kaprizov
MarJo-Bonino-Fiala
Greenway-JEE-Foligno
Strum-Bjugstad-Hartman

Brodin-Spurgeon
Suter-Dumba
Cole-Soucy

Talbot

:sharks

Meier-Couture-Labanc
Leonard-Hertl-Kane
Donato-Gregor-Nieto
Sorensen-Marleau-Noesen

Vlasic-Karlson
Ferraro-Burns
Middleton-Khyzov

Dubnyk/Jones

4d7m1.jpg

Lets Go Wild!

Last edited:
Reactions: TaLoN

Wabit

May 23, 2016
is Dubnyk playing? It would be nice to get some easily 5 hole goals and get some of our boys on the right track.

No clue. Jones played well their last game. I'm guessing we see Dub in one of two the games.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Polka, giant, friendly sharks, Rask as 1st line C...very surreal GDT, Wabit!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Polka, giant, friendly sharks, Rask as 1st line C...very surreal GDT, Wabit!

It is the home opener with no fans allowed afterall. :naughty:

I did the polka for the home opener GDT last year. I've probably confused the heck out of the newer forum members.

I don't have @Bazeek ability to string together GDTs. :(

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I kinda laugh when I hear Russo talk about how it hard to break up the Grennway - Ek - Foligno line. All I can think about is, yeah but just imagine how much better that line would be with Kaprizov on it and Foligno out?

Russo's been on the record the past few days saying they should try JEE up the lineup in his opinion.

But Evason seems quite stuborn about it.

I'm all about seeing 1C/2C Nico Sturm... Looks fast and looks engaged. More than you can say about most others we've tried down the middle.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I kinda laugh when I hear Russo talk about how it hard to break up the Grennway - Ek - Foligno line. All I can think about is, yeah but just imagine how much better that line would be with Kaprizov on it and Foligno out?
I like Foligno, but he is an easy guy to move around the lineup, and sure as hell shouldn't stand in the way of a potential #1 line. IMO, Evason needs to put JEE- Fiala- Kap together sooner than later. JEE will do the dirty work, freeing up the other two skim the cream and score.

I'd then stick Sturm in JEE's place.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I like foligno but F off if you think you can’t bump him down the lineup and each line would still be fine.

Reactions: HotDish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad