GDT: G5: Preds @ Wild, 5pm CT (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who: Nashville Predators (1-4-0, 2 points) at Minnesota Wild (4-0-0, 8 points)
Puck drop: 5:08 p.m. CT
Watch: Bally Sports North
Listen: KFAN FM 100.3; Wild Radio Network; Wild NHL App

The Wild will try and tie the second-longest winning streak to start a season in franchise history on Sunday when it hosts the Nashville Predators at Xcel Energy Center.

For the first time this season, the Wild is expected to start goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen.

Nashville has won just once in its first five games and currently stands sixth in the eight-team Central, one point ahead of both Chicago and Arizona.

The Predators also played the front half of back-to-back games on Saturday, but came up on the short end of a 6-4 loss to Winnipeg at Canada Life Centre.

Connor Ingram could get the nod on Sunday. If the 24-year-old Ingram plays, it would mark his NHL debut.

Former Wild forward Mikael Granlund leads Nashville with four points.
Wild Warmup: Minnesota vs. Nashville

:wild
Kap/JEE/Zucc
Greenway/Hartman/Foligno
Fiala/Gaudreau/Rask? (Pitlick)
Duhaime/Sturm/Bjugstad

Brodin/Dumba
Goli/Spurgeon
Kulikov/Merrill

Kahkonen

:nashville
Granlund, Kunin, 17 players that aren't interesting

64029902.jpg

Lets Go Wild

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You can tell that Kap is getting frustrated. Was trying to do too much last game. He can't be 8th on the team in SOG. He needs to let it go, and let JEE stuff in the rebounds. That's what he is built for.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You can tell that Kap is getting frustrated. Was trying to do too much last game. He can't be 8th on the team in SOG. He needs to let it go, and let JEE stuff in the rebounds. That's what he is built for.
Yeah, that's not how Kapriov plays, and asking Kaprizov to change his game because they don't have anything but 3rd line centers, is a terrible idea.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, that's not how Kapriov plays, and asking Kaprizov to change his game because they don't have anything but 3rd line centers, is a terrible idea.
Kap was 2nd in SOG last year(157), only 5 behind Fiala. Those two were far ahead of everyone else on the team. JEE was a distant 3rd with 118. This year he is tied with Gaudreau in 7th on the team for SOG.

His game IS shooting, and shooting a lot. Don't see how you can come to any other conclusion.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Kap was 2nd in SOG last year(157), only 5 behind Fiala. Those two were far ahead of everyone else on the team. JEE was a distant 3rd with 118. This year he is tied with Gaudreau in 7th on the team for SOG.

His game IS shooting, and shooting a lot. Don't see how you can come to any other conclusion.
Hard to shoot the puck when your center keeps dumping it in from center and turning it over. Kaprizov's game has nothing to do with throwing the puck on net and looking for rebounds. Don't see how you can come to that conclusion.

Jeff Olson

Oct 24, 2021
Fiala -- Doesn't he need to play with better players? What do you guys see this team doing in the future to upgrade from Rask and Gaudreau?

Seems like although the team is 4-0 there are several holes. 5-6 DEF is not good and they need to find at least two more decent forwards.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fiala -- Doesn't he need to play with better players? What do you guys see this team doing in the future to upgrade from Rask and Gaudreau?

Seems like although the team is 4-0 there are several holes. 5-6 DEF is not good and they need to find at least two more decent forwards.

Ideally, in the future, players like Rossi, Boldy, Beckman or other prospects join Kaprizov, Ek and Fiala to fill out the top 6.

I think a lot of us think Fiala is going to be moved by next summer though, so then it doesn't really matter that much.

Jeff Olson

Oct 24, 2021
Ideally, in the future, players like Rossi, Boldy, Beckman or other prospects join Kaprizov, Ek and Fiala to fill out the top 6.

I think a lot of us think Fiala is going to be moved by next summer though, so then it doesn't really matter that much.

I was thinking more in terms of this year. IF the team stays healthy I would hope Guerin will add someone via trade...I also hope the three young guys you mentioned will make a huge impression. I liked how Getzlaf played yesterday. I'd love to see him in MN.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I was thinking more in terms of this year. IF the team stays healthy I would hope Guerin will add someone via trade...I also hope the three young guys you mentioned will make a huge impression. I liked how Getzlaf played yesterday. I'd love to see him in MN.

Yeah don't get your hopes up. He's not trading futures for rentals.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I'm not sure that Guerin is aware that GM's are allowed to do that.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021

Getzlaf is old. Like old. Also a player like him, even a calm player like Ek knows how to push his buttons. No thanks. If it's 3rd round pick, yes. 2nd round pick, maybe. No chance to 1st round pick

Jeff Olson

Oct 24, 2021
Getzlaf is old. Like old. Also a player like him, even a calm player like Ek knows how to push his buttons. No thanks. If it's 3rd round pick, yes. 2nd round pick, maybe. No chance to 1st round pick

Agreed...thinking more like a 3-4 round pick or a mid-level prospect. I just have always liked his game and he might have another year left in the tank.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm not sure that Guerin is aware that GM's are allowed to do that.

That's a little harsh, he knows that getting bottom tier players is allowed.

I'm not sure he knows that GM's are allowed to get quality players via trade.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
The Wild were set up as well as they have been at any point in their existence to make a run last year and this GM inexcusably sat on his hands. Expecting him to add this season is out of the realm of possibility.

Sure would be nice for Khakonen to show something tonight but not holding my breath. They are going to need to do something about goaltending to bridge the Talbot- Wallstedt gap IMO.

Kaprizov didn’t appear to be moving all that well last game. Hope he didn’t pick up a knock in the Jets game and he gets back on track.

Tonight’s option.

8-AFE6-DA8-6-A40-4-DC9-8-E01-E96-C60-F8498-F.jpg

Saw the canning date in my fridge and needed to finish it off.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think Kaprizov/Zucc would be better with Hartman, and I think Foligno and Greebway are better with Ek. I don’t know why we’re force-feeding this

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I think Kaprizov/Zucc would be better with Hartman, and I think Foligno and Greebway are better with Ek. I don’t know why we’re force-feeding this

Agree. Ek was invisible last night, something we know he's good at. He had those 3 lucky tap-ins against the Jets and people think he's Wayne Gretzky. He was better between Foligno and Greenway...who btw has been pretty bad this season. Maybe he needs Ek back.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Kaprizov is attempting shots at the same rate as last year. So far his accuracy isn't there. Last year he 56% of his (5v5) shots made it on net. So far only 33% are getting on net (5v5).

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Stop pretending that Kap and Zucc are on top of their games either. So many errant passes killing transition.

Zucc is actually having his best season start ever, he's the last guy you should worry about. And now he listens to the coach and also shoots more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad