GDT: G44 - MIN @ ARZ - 8PM Central

Discussion in 'Minnesota Wild' started by Bazeek, Apr 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spurgeon Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Concerns of being downtown would be my guess. Although, Pants, Nanne, and Gorg commentate remotely from the X still right?

2. Dr Jan Itor Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Yeah. I guess that they're thinking they'd be far enough away.

3. Dee Oh Cee Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Hah, I thought that's what he was saying! I think Lapanta said he was yelling at the ref but I was like, no I think he was yelling at Kuemper...

Good game overall. Hard to comprehend that Arizona is in the 4th playoff spot. I think I've underestimated how disappointing St. Louis has been this year.

Still done with Rask, he had a moment when he had the puck in the corner, was stickhandling thinking of what to do and finally the Arizona player just came over and laid him out.

Sturm has such an impressive and surprising burst of speed from being stationary. I'm not sure how fast he is overall but the acceleration is almost shocking.

Not much else to report.

4. 57special Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I'm not sure that Sturm will ever be a top 6 C, but he is the sort of #4C that you can win with.

Rask gets exposed, game after game. He not only is slow and weak on the puck, but he processes the game too slowly. He loses possession constantly. It's a shame, because he actually has some skill, and a good shot. He would be very good in a Euro league. I hope he gets bought out this summer. Would rather see Dewar or someone like that given a shot.

5. TaLoN Red 5 standing by

SB Cash:
    $ 10,000
    The Wild have owned him. Strange thing since the rest of the league struggles against him. It's gotta be a mental thing for Darcy... all the bad memories here and all, from when he'd go from playing well, to a total mental collapse after allowing a goal.

6. ThatGuy22 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    The question we should be asking is if he can be a 3C. Because he kind of looks like he might be able to.

It would be nice to find that out this year so we know if we're going into next season needing two top 9 centers, or 1.

7. Spurgeon Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Rossi + Ek are probably locks as 2 of our 3 centers in the Top 9.

8. Bazeek Registered Lurker Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Guerin fhtagn
    I feel like I'm in the minority with Rossi so I have to ask: are people really expecting him to be a top-6 center next year? I'm not ruling it out, but even this year I figured it was kind of a "hope for the best and expect the worst" sort of deal. After a full year of inactivity I'm not even sure I'd count on him playing in the NHL, let alone in such a key role.

BagHead, 57special and thestonedkoala like this.
  9. Spurgeon Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I feel like Ek's line will be taking the toughest assignments and Kap's line will get the 2nd toughest, so I feel like he can be sheltered somewhat (depending on if we acquire someone in FA). A younger guy like Rossi with his level of work ethic will be able to get back in athletic shape fairly quickly. Although, there's definitely still a question of how long it takes him to get back to the speed of hockey.

10. ThatGuy22 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I have high hopes for Rossi long term, but given he's taken 18 months off hockey he's likely to spend a significant amount of time in the AHL next year.

Even if we concede that Rossi will be top 9 next year, it would behoove us to figure out if Sturm could hold down that 3C spot and we aren't in as dire straights at the Center position as we think we are.

Evason seems to not be interested in finding out that answer.

Spurgeon likes this.
  11. 2Pair Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    The answer is 2 regardless of how good you think Sturm is.

12. nickschultzfan Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Yes. He was NHL ready prior to COVID.

Rossi's downside is that he might not be a 80-90 point center, but in terms of being a two-way 40-60 point center, he can do that in year 1. He isn't going to be shut-down center, but he understands importance of the little things like faceoffs and stick positioning in order to be a successful center in the NHL. He is also built like Kaprizov (although smaller).

Maybe losing a year to COVID messed up his development, but willing to bet that it will be nothing more than a road bump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.