GDT: G44 - MIN @ ARZ - 8PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
My problem with that is allows a goalie to skate to the boundary and draw interference by reaching out as far as they can to make contact with an opposing player. I feel like it just makes it a lot easier to interpret if the contact has to occur within the crease. Goalie interference is always a crapshoot though.

I think you can differentiate a "reaching" situation fairly easily. Nothing about what Kuemper looked abnormal in setting up to make a save on a point shot. To me, at least.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I think you can differentiate a "reaching" situation fairly easily. Nothing about what Kuemper looked abnormal in setting up to make a save on a point shot. To me, at least.
1. Does Foligno ever enter the crease?
2. Is the contact caused by Foligno moving towards Kuemper/the net or by Kuemper moving towards Foligno?

It really is that simple.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

Yeah, but that brings in subjectivity which rules should aim to minimize. I don’t think it’s fair to skaters to extend the crease because then they’re not fully confident in where they can skate. Overall, it was a close call and I feel like there just wasn’t enough evidence to overturn it. If there wasn’t a potential penalty associated with the challenge, then they probably award the goal IMO.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The Coyotes announcers think this Wild team is just the best team ever. It’s refreshing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad