GDT: G44 - MIN @ ARZ - 8PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I wish Dumba would do that more. I know PKs are pretty keyed in on his shot but watching it brings me physical pleasure.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Foligno is entitled to that ice just as much as Kuemper is. If he wants to meet at that point, he should be living with the consequences. Refs bailed him out but it’s Kuemper and pucks are getting by him. More are coming.

Reactions: Spurgeon

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It really looked like Kuemper tried to draw contact to me but that was close.

I mean, it looked like he was coming out to square up a shot from the point to me, irregardless of Foligno. I don't think the contact was egregious at all, but I also don't think it was non-existent, and Kuemper was pretty firmly in the crease.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I mean, it looked like he was coming out to square up a shot from the point to me. I don't think the contact was egregious at all, but I also don't think it was non-existent, and Kuemper was pretty firmly in the crease.
Foligno was outside the crease and moving away from Kuemper. There's zero justification for that garbage call

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I mean, it looked like he was coming out to square up a shot from the point to me, irregardless of Foligno. I don't think the contact was egregious at all, but I also don't think it was non-existent, and Kuemper was pretty firmly in the crease.

It really comes down to how the crease is defined. Is a goalie protected from contact as long as his skates are in the crease, even if his body protrudes outside its imaginary boundary?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It really comes down to how the crease is defined. Is a goalie protected from contact as long as his skates are in the crease, even if his body protrudes outside its imaginary boundary?

I would error on the side of that, yes. Especially from where the shot was coming from.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
They paint it a different color for a reason. Nothing from that play occurred in the crease.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I would error on the side of that, yes. Especially from where the shot was coming from.

My problem with that is allows a goalie to skate to the boundary and draw interference by reaching out as far as they can to make contact with an opposing player. I feel like it just makes it a lot easier to interpret if the contact has to occur within the crease. Goalie interference is always a crapshoot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->